32KOFDATA ///// Fabia Sport (MKII)

32KOFDATA

every time I look at this thread, I just have to laught at your screen name, as it must be the most heavily pictured thread (data wise emoticon-0105-wink.gif ) on here! emoticon-0100-smile.gif

*remembers the 32k BBC model B ......

We all started small. I should change it to "32GBOFDATA"
I really miss those days when huge pixels made us stare at computer screens for hours in amazement.

Hey , Whats wrong with you man? youve upgraded your HP to 135 and not a single video of you driving the car so we could hear the sound , whats up with that?

please upload one.

another question , did all of the parts except the gauges were order from Greece?can u link us (me) to some parts since im looking for cosmetic parts also.

Hey , Whats wrong with you man? youve upgraded your HP to 135 and not a single video of you driving the car so we could hear the sound , whats up with that?
please upload one.
another question , did all of the parts except the gauges were order from Greece?can u link us (me) to some parts since im looking for cosmetic parts also.

Hello Max - will get around it as soon as possible weather at the mo is awful for such filming.
Some I got from from www.superskoda.com others like the DRLs from Milotec.de and the rest from my dealer. As for the headlights those I got from ebay (the brand is called Depo) and then I painted them myself. If you need any further directions let me know.
  • Like 1

Really lovely looking Fabia, but I have to agree with the others... where's the vid where your actually driving it xD?!

Promise, promise I will get to it - shame the weather is terrible.

This is the latest on the artistic front - more to follow tomorrow.

img8791vk.jpg

Crappy mobile phone picture. Tomorrow I will smoke them in gloss as they are too silver. Proper images will come with the parts installed. I think I'm getting the hang of this water print technology.

The side ones are very easy to remove and you will never brake them unless you got butter fingers.

The middle one is a pain. I slowly pulled it out BUT there are two clips at the bottom that go deep into the aircoditioning unit and it is clear is that to release those you need to remove the whole unit. I wasn't patient so I eventually broke them Good thing is that it has many clips around so it won't move around BUT I will only know for sure soon as I place it back. Worst care senario I will glue the sucker!

• Like 1

LOVE IT !!!!!!!

one thing is.how come you're sport didn't come with the front bumper spoiler and rear spoiler as standard ? does it differ due to you're location ?

Thank you!
yeah I think it is a location thing - or better, hey let's make more money by selling them aftermarket thing.

Will you be doing the headunit surround.

The side ones are very easy to remove and you will never brake them unless you got butter fingers.

The middle one is a pain. I slowly pulled it out BUT there are two clips at the bottom that go deep into the aircoditioning unit and it is clear is that to release those you need to remove the whole unit. I wasn't patient so I eventually broke them :thumbdown: Good thing is that it has many clips around so it won't move around BUT I will only know for sure soon as I place it back. Worst care senario I will glue the sucker! :rofl:

Any chance of a guide as to how to remove the sides ones please?

On 2/17/2012 at 21:17, stu_mcl said:
Best looking fabia iv seen, well done mate : )

Thank you :)

Here are some pics for fabia55 this is how to remove the side vents and door handles.

First of all I bought myself some pry tools which are perfect for the removal of interior plastics. They will not hurt your dash or door trims since they are made of a softer plastic. Highly recommended.

suR3hDU.jpeg

Regarding the side vent simply place the tool at the bottom of the vent and gently lift up and towards you.

Then with your fingers jiggle it so all the sides start moving and then with the same upwards motion pull out the whole vent. Very simple.

cXGjSow.jpeg

As for the door handle no need really for tools. Just grab the handle from the side as seen in the pic and pull hard until it unclips. Don't be scared.

v09iD0Z.jpeg

Then try the same on the other side in order to unclip the area below the silver trim.

FlfhMYm.jpeg

For the top just try to move it around until it comes loose from the rest of the door.

TTeqjbz.jpeg

hope this helps a bit :)

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 1

many thanks, did u use the pry for centre vent as well

Yip but mind you I broke the two metallic hinges that was holding it in place (at the bottom right behind the trim, you can't see them). To properly remove it you have to remove the whole console case removing it as I did I felt I was gonna brake it! :sweat: Mind you even with the two broken clips it has many others and the part clips back fine with no rattles or issues. Oh well!

• 1 month later...

Hello heineoen and thanks mate :)

Unfortunately you can't buy a black one for the prefacelift so painting it is your only option. At least it will be cheaper that way ;)

As for the headlights, no they are not smoked. I opened them up and painted them.