32KOFDATA ///// Fabia Sport (MKII)

32KOFDATA

15 hours ago, Filipelol said:

Hello, did you post the process of retrofitting Maxi Dot ?

No I haven't. Replacing the old one with the new is an easy task but you will definitely need an electrician to code the new tacho to your car otherwise the immobilizer will not allow you to start the car.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 32KOFDATA said:

No I haven't. Replacing the old one with the new is an easy task but you will definitely need an electrician to code the new tacho to your car otherwise the immobilizer will not allow you to start the car.

Thank you, do you have a part nº?

6 hours ago, 32KOFDATA said:

oh sorry thought you only replaced the screen, but you replaced the whole tacho right?

• 1 month later...

@32KOFDATA - I'm years too late to the party in seeing this Project, but it's such an impressive one! Massive soft spot for the 'OEM+ Rally look' you've achieved - makes me want to go all-out on mine. If only the vented bonnets were available for Octavia III's ;)

Great job!

• Like 1

My latest find is this place: www.spoilercentrum.cz situated close to the Skoda factory and Benet offices.

If you cannot find what you are looking for email them with your request. Chances are they will find it for you and they are super quick.

That's how I got the spoiler. Couldn't find it online, attached them pics, they got back to me with a price, wired the money, they shipped the item and it was here in almost a week by courier service. 

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2012 at 14:38, 32KOFDATA said:

Always annoyed by the absence of light over the rear passenger seats I've started buying a few things hoping to soon do the installation.

I've gone for the dome light that many cars of the VW group share. (Felicia, Polo, Arosa, Lupo, Caddy etc.) Mine has the code: 6N0947105E and it is VW made. A search on eBay will produce a good number of such dome lights, used and new. Their size is aprox, 14cm x 7cm. Wiring loom didn't come with the casing (just with a plain bulb) but you can simply attach cables to the pins on the back. If you want to be very professional about it you can get a socket but when I asked for it at the VW dealership it was about 5euros so I decided to leave it as is. Just for a small piece of plastic I find it expensive :thumbdown: . Anyways if you wanna get it too the part number is 3B0 972 706 and the wires 000 979 131 and they look something like this:

Hd1kZrn.jpeg

haqkWdT.jpeg

Since I will be cutting the roof lining (I'm already scared about that part :sweat: ) I've realized that for a perfect, snug fit I will need the metal frame that goes around the opening and will most definitely hold the casing better. (I hope). I wasn't able to find it on ebay but my mech had a couple lying around from used Felicia parts :party: .

4zHxPL5.jpeg

Then it was time for the right kind of led. ebay again was the best option and at the link you will find what I picked.(http://viewitem.eim....0845924605/item) The size is just right for the board to go into the casing with no problems and the light output is plenty. Look for Car Interior 48 SMD LED on eBay and you will find loads but always make sure the size is close to 6cm x 4cm

bZqgQyY.jpeg

Here is also a pic of the leds installed into the casing. I've used some foam I had laying around to keep the board from moving around and ready for installation.
Fingers crossed all we go well and I will not just mess up my roof lining. Will keep you updated with the results. :thumbup:

OydIo0m.jpeg

Great thread my friend!

Is it possible to provide part Number with black frame ?

Regards

vv