The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

Thought it was time someone else started one of these in the Yeti section...

Back at the end of August we ordered a 170 diesel 4x4 Elegance (for me) at Preston Motors in East London.
We also wanted a 1.2 DSG Elegance (for Mrs.Fox) to replace the 1.2 DSG SE that we already had and were very impressed with.

We left the order date for the 1.2 DSG with Preston Motors as we were not sure when to get it so the pair arrived together on "12" paltes in March 2012.
Looking at the allocations they had and current waiting times they put the order in the middle of October.

Provisional build weeks were 1 for the 1.2 DSG and 4 for the 170 4x4.
During December these changed to week 2 and 3 respectively. Pretty good educated guesswork by the dealer. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Sure enough, it's now been confirmed that the 1.2 DSG was built during week 2 and the 170 4x4 followed a week later.

So there are two well specced Red Yetis on the way to the UK due to live together in Essex... emoticon-0103-cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They have arrived! B)

yetisv.jpg

They look the biz alright. Solid red is hard to beat when its washed and polished up. Will you be sneaking round to the dealers every day for a peak over the fence?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, they're home. :)

2pm. Fantastic service from Lee at Preston Motors (as usual).

yetis1.jpg

4pm. 1.2Tsi happily in the garage, 170CR under the carport. Briskoda stickers in!

yetis2.jpg

What a great pair! Looks like you have a garage a similar size to mine (very tight) and if I'm not mistaken an electrically operated door. I had to go with the electrically flexible panel type one after getting my Yeti as the up and over didn't clear the high rear end and reversing in would be a right P.I.T.A.! :)

Looks like you have a garage a similar size to mine (very tight) and if I'm not mistaken an electrically operated door. I had to go with the electrically flexible panel type one after getting my Yeti as the up and over didn't clear the high rear end and reversing in would be a right P.I.T.A.! :)

Yes, spot on!

We went for the electric sectioned door to clear the high rear of the car too. A simple panel that swung would have hit it.

I think the garage is about 15cm longer than the car, so a tight fit and I don't like reversing in as you get the fumes in there.

As my wife does far less miles and only goes out a few times a week she gets the garage. :)

Looking very nice Richard, liking the No, plates aswell, trying to work out what the "w" on both plates stands for, guessing the "n" is Mrs Fox.

Looking very nice Richard, liking the No, plates aswell, trying to work out what the "w" on both plates stands for, guessing the "n" is Mrs Fox.

Yes, N is Mrs.Fox. :thumbup:

Funnilly enough W is our family name. It's not Fox, much to most peoples surprise.

Fox is a name that's followed me around and ended up as the business name. It's short and easy to remember/make a logo for.

Of course. :) And we got a lot of (strange) looks.

Like we did about a year ago when Johann arranged the pub meet in Mogador, and we all drove off in convoy.

Or when James Roithwell arranged the off road trip last April and there were 7 Yeti offroad. What a sight..... :giggle:

• 2 weeks later...

As per RockHoppers Yeti project thread, I have also now got a pair of HD cameras fitted and wired into the vehicle. So no plugging and unplugging things.

Front-Cam.

yetifrontcam.jpg

This is fitted so it's not visable from the drivers seat.

Back-Cam.

yetibackcam.jpg

This is hardly visable from outside, due to being high up and having the smoked glass. Video footage is fine though.

Test run, found a ford. :)

Need to move the front cam up a little. Too much dash and bonnet. Plus as it's angled down it's getting a fair amount of reflection off the inside of the screen.

Good angle though, you can see from the splashing it's covering both front wheels.

• 6 months later...

Where abouts do you get these cameras from and what make and model are they? I am looking at getting one, the amount of miles I do I am sick and tired of near misses, road rage and general stupid things people do, video is indisputable!

Are they run on SD card? So bigger card means more record time?

Thanks

They are BlackVue 400, I got them from TTW. Will find a link if you want.

They come with 16meg cards but you can upgrade to 32.

By altering the frame rate to 15 per second you can get hours and hours on the card before it starts to overwrite the old files. Off the top of my head something like 18 to 20 hours.