The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

As mentioned, the gap between the arch and tyre on full lock is next to nothing

That alone is a no-no for me then as im betting id have clearance issues when we pack for the big summer euro trip! :(

That alone is a no-no for me then as im betting id have clearance issues when we pack for the big summer euro trip! :(

It's at the back of the front tyre on lock, not effected by load.

As the back tyres don't turn they have more space. :)

Should have added that bit, cheers Richard.

It's at the back of the front tyre on lock, not effected by load.

As the back tyres don't turn they have more space. :)

Should have added that bit, cheers Richard.

Ah, sorry, that was my misunderstanding. Thanks for taking them to clarify it further. :-) I'm going to try a few dealers for pricing on Skoda OE alloys, if that fails then its Second hand and refurbed Audi or similar for me. :-)

Bought a set of Matterhorn (Urban) alloys.

New wheels on, with winter tyres in a slightly higher profile to fill the arches more.

yetimatterhorn.jpg

Have to say I really like them, looks better in real life than the picture suggests as the 17 inch 55 profile tyres have given it a bit more of the 4x4 look.

yetimatterhorn2.jpg

The yeti looks sweet with the matterhorn alloys :rock:

have bin thinking about getting some for my 1.2 TSI elegance now i've seen them on a red yeti i will be getting some in the new year

New wheels on, with winter tyres in a slightly higher profile to fill the arches more.

yetimatterhorn.jpg

Have to say I really like them, looks better in real life than the picture suggests as the 17 inch 55 profile tyres have given it a bit more of the 4x4 look.

yetimatterhorn2.jpg

Just realised that the twins are no more. You can now easily tell them apart.

:lol:

Okay, mere mortals can't, but that's a different story :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Have to say I really like the Matterhorns. This looks smashing Richard - red cars with a lot of black look great. I hate totally black wheels as they just look like spare wheels. But these have a bit of silver and most importantly have a silver line around the wheel where it meets the rubber. That is THE most vulnerable part to kerb and being silver they don't show up so much as when you kerb a black wheel and then have silver scraches...

• Like 1

Thanks Johann

OH Mike you know I had had black winter wheels and then I painted them silver as I hated the look too much! Each to their own.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just seen this, absolutely stunning at first i thought it was a show plate, typed it up and came back as the yeti 170 Diesel, that's a christmas pressie and a half, that must have set you back a few £££

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my plans to encourage Skoda to do me a red L&K Yeti have fallen on deaf ears.

So I am keeping this YET1 for quite a while hopefully. Particularly as the LEAF will be doing a large share of commuting, cutting down the 20k miles per year I curently do in the Yeti.

Now to make it more personal...

It's booked in for the beginning of March to have a complete retrim in a much softer nappa leather than the rhino hide Skoda supply.

Going for the stock colour with red stitching to match the paintwork. :)

• Like 3

Well, my plans to encourage Skoda to do me a red L&K Yeti have fallen on deaf ears.

So I am keeping this YET1 for quite a while hopefully. Particularly as the LEAF will be doing a large share of commuting, cutting down the 20k miles per year I curently do in the Yeti.

Now to make it more personal...

It's booked in for the beginning of March to have a complete retrim in a much softer nappa leather than the rhino hide Skoda supply.

Going for the stock colour with red stitching to match the paintwork. :)

I am guessing that it will have L & K embossed in the leather and all the badges all round as well, just to show SUK how it should be done.

Nice idea. The leather aka plastic upholstery dont do the cabin ambience any favours imo.

Whos doing the work? The obligatory Seat Surgeons or someone else? Look forward to seeing the photos - the red stitching sounds great. :)

Nice idea. The leather aka plastic upholstery dont do the cabin ambience any favours imo.

Every BMW, Mercedes, Audi (bar the ones with the £10,000 leather interior options) and all the other makes this side of a Bentley or Rolls Royce have real leather faces to their seats (the bits you sit on) and synthetic sides and backs. It is not just Škoda that do that. Not by a long shot. But yes the real leather faces we have might not be the most supple and expensive of leather no, but it does the job and will last a long time I suspect.

Every BMW, Mercedes, Audi (bar the ones with the £10,000 leather interior options) and all the other makes this side of a Bentley or Rolls Royce have real leather faces to their seats (the bits you sit on) and synthetic sides and backs. It is not just Škoda that do that. Not by a long shot. But yes the real leather faces we have might not be the most supple and expensive of leather no, but it does the job and will last a long time I suspect.

Agreed, but after the Tourags and Jeep Grand Cherokee drives lately, even the high spec Tiguan with leather that ive driven lately, coming back to the Yeti is a negative experience in terms of the leather they use - hardly any grain, hardly sumpuous, doesnt 'breathe' particulalrly well on long journeys... but I realise its all swings and roundabouts. If there was one thing id look to upgrade on the interior it would be the quality of the leather/leatherette. :)

• Like 1