Bluetooth Guide

That is a good list! Thanks Lee! Wow. They even have the iPhone 4S on it. The general list I saw last I think stopped at the 3GS! Bless.

As mentioned it is a November list but thought that it might help people out. Once I get a newer list I will post it again.

Any ideas how to make this 'sticky or pinned' just permenantly on page 1?

As mentioned it is a November list but thought that it might help people out. Once I get a newer list I will post it again.

Any ideas how to make this 'sticky or pinned' just permenantly on page 1?

You need to ask a Mod to do it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

The samsung galaxy s4 can connect to a 2009 model with a 5N0 035 730B Bluetooth module, so this phone should work with most of the newer cars.

I am attempting to connect a HTC ONE to my car, with no luck despite Vodafone saying it would. Accepting now that I will have to upgrade my Bluetooth unit (under the drivers seat), but currently getting a bit confused after looking on ebay. My current Bluetooth module is ref "5N0 035 730B", could anybody advise a part number for a unit that I will be connect my phone. I don't know of anybody local that has VCDS, so it will have to be "plug and Play" if possible.

Thanks in advance

Dougie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello all,

I try to install a phonebook app to sync with my Yeti but it doesn't work. Look what the admin of this app forum said to me "" Your car most probably uses the Handsfree profile for phonebook transfer. The software for this profile (and most other Bluetooth profiles) differs from phone to phone, and between Android versions. Some contain more bugs, some less. The problem with Handsfree is that it's not possible to fix it with an app. The bugs can only be fixed with a firmware update, which usually means for a MediaTek phone: never. ""

I have a 7P6 bluetooth in my car what do you think of that ?

Tks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I try to install a phonebook app to sync with my Yeti but it doesn't work. Look what the admin of this app forum said to me "" Your car most probably uses the Handsfree profile for phonebook transfer. The software for this profile (and most other Bluetooth profiles) differs from phone to phone, and between Android versions. Some contain more bugs, some less. The problem with Handsfree is that it's not possible to fix it with an app. The bugs can only be fixed with a firmware update, which usually means for a MediaTek phone: never. ""

I have a 7P6 bluetooth in my car what do you think of that ?

Tks

If the yeti bt module is indeed hfp and not pbap, then you could try the other way round, ie changing your phone's ROM.

Guessing that you have a chinese-made phone, visit needrom and see if they have an alternative ROM with which the yeti can work.

Edited by eyegr

It won't happen with an iphone as Apple doesnt support the protocol (rSap) needed for text display or readout sorry.