VCDS Adaptations. How do I ..........

Gizmo

Not possible through coding on mk2 it should be on mk3 though :-)

My Octy Mk2 FL has xenons and the DRLs stay on with the dipped beam. I've set them to dim to 30% though so I don't look like a ****. Want me to post up pics/VCDS screenshots?

VRS LED DRL's dim when the headlights come on a std, its part of their function.

In my experience (if i'm talking about the same as you) is that you can code the LED brightness (in DRL function not side light) to any number you like between 1 -124, however there will actually only be 2 brightness outputs.   35 and above will give you full brightness and below will dim them.

The coding for that is high up in the byte numbers (can't remember exactly) somewhere like byte 22-28.

However if you can show us something different I stand to be corrected (or updated?)

My Octy Mk2 FL has xenons and the DRLs stay on with the dipped beam. I've set them to dim to 30% though so I don't look like a ****. Want me to post up pics/VCDS screenshots?

By the way, my headlights are not xenons.. they are halogens.. my DRL I've changed them to LEDs. ^_^  and I do not have Maxidot.

Edited by racncarboy

• 1 month later...

FL Yeti LED numberplate lights:

Byte17 - tick Bit7

Byte17YetiFL_zpsd1e2d7d9.jpg

Byte23 - untick Bit6

Byte23YetiFL_zpsd5b3b101.jpg

The Yeti FL now uses W5W numberplate light bulbs, to remove the light unit slide it to the left and manoeuvre it out of the recess.

They need side emitting LED’s, I fitted these

4397_2_3e7bf0fb.jpg

DO NOT be tempted by the 6 LED W5W’s as they are slightly too long for the holders that VAG use for all of their W5W bulbs (footwell, boot, door, mirror etc lights)

• Like 2

andyvee, on 29 December 2013 - 19:14, said:

Enabling both rear fog lights

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

Change the 2 channels listed below - scroll to just over halfway down the long list of adaptation channels to find them. Do them one after the other, and do not come out of the adaptations until you have finished. If you do, you will have to close the controller and go back in and enter the security access code again.

Will this work with the FL Yeti?

• 1 month later...

These LED bulbs DO work on FL yet as this is what Gizmo68 has  & has fitted.

I have accidentally bought too many & have some for sale- in the for sale section.

These LED bulbs DO work on FL yet as this is what Gizmo68 has & has fitted.

I have accidentally bought too many & have some for sale- in the for sale section.

The question was about the coding of the BCM wasn't it? Or have I misunderstood?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How do I silence the seatbelt(s) warning bong? (CANBUS cars with longcoding)

go to 09 - Cent. Elect and click on “Coding - 07

Apologies if this is a noob query - I've only had my vcds for a few days. I've managed to make all the changes I was after to My Mk3 vRS wagon (boot closing via the key/button with no beeps, disabling mirror dip on reverse, hide AM, etc). But I haven't been able to sort out getting rid of the seatbelt warning bongs. I'm not able to find anything relating to seatbelt warning bongs in 09 - Cent. Elect -> Coding - 07. Any help appreciated! Cheers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Andyvee for reply but don't have a controller A9 on my 2013 vRS. It's chassis decodes to NE on VCDS but searched high and low and no A9.

Anyone with an NE chassis type coding on VCDS found out how to disable Sound Generator via VCDS?

Many thanks

Hi guys

Does anyone know if it is possible to enable a headlight warning tone when the headlight switch is left in the on position and the engine swtitched off on a Mk 2 Octavia vRS?

It's fine having them switched off automatically but I keep ending up setting off with them switched on again when it is broad daylight. :doh:

Thanks in advance...

1  how do I activate the rear sidelights to work with the drl's at the front

2  deactivate the seat belt beeps

3  deactivate the Bluetooth bong when trying to connect

all on a '13 yeti mk 1

new to this flying without wires etc  ;-D