VCDS Adaptations. How do I ..........

Gizmo

Is it possible to do any of this:

*Change the lights so that the tail lights are always on when running on "Auto"? Now they are turned on at the same time as the headlights, and they are off when only the DRLs are on. In Sweden, we have always had headlights and tail lights on during all times of the day, and I think the cars are a bit hard to spot in dusk/dawn or misty weather when the tail lights are off. I would like to keep the auto feature for DRL/headlights though.

*Program the foldable mirrors to always fold when locking the car, so I don't have to long-press the lock button to do this?

josj

Rear DRL’s can be coded by your dealer

It is not possible to do this without adding a relay and a wiring loom going from each door controller to the relay (quite a big job if you are paying someone to do it).

josj

Rear DRL’s can be coded by your dealer

It is not possible to do this without adding a relay and a wiring loom going from each door controller to the relay (quite a big job if you are paying someone to do it).

OK, thanks. I think I will just have to try and put the switch to "ON" instead of Auto then... It's legal as it is, since there's some exception for cars newer than 2011 because of some EU directive, so at least I don't risk a fine if they are off.

Hi all,

I recently got my VCDS lead so I'm fairly new to all this (although I have done a few mods to my own car from the Octy III section which have improved it no end - especially disabling start/stop!)

Some questions for those more knowledgeable than myself (all Octy III VRS TDI DSG, Dec 2013 build )...

1. How do you change the speed at which the headlights start to turn with the steering wheel when the lights are in auto mode?

2. How do you change the speed that the driver's headlight stops wondering off to the right?

3. How do you amend the preset radio volume limit (i.e. the level it resets to after you switch off / on)?  I have the standard infotainment (Bolero, I think) with Canton.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Rick

Edited by Smeghead

One more....

Is it possible to turn off the function that forces you to put the brakes on before engaging gear on the DSG in a VRS Octy MKIII?  Seems to be one of the most pointless "features" on the car.  

Honest, guv..... I'm not going to accidentally put it in gear and roll into something.  :devil:

Adding to the list of "is it possible" -questions:

Is it possible to code KESSY to lock the doors when all the connected keys have gone out of range for a set amount of time (and the ignition is switched off).

I would never have to wonder if I locked the car or not...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi UK,

I'm from DK :-)

I have recently retrofitted foldable sidemirrors with downlight on my Octavia 3, 2014 (NE/5E).

Anyone know which settings to change to make it work?

I have taken a look - using my new VCDS cable - at controller 42 and 52 for door electronics.

I have tried to change a few Bytes and Bits concerning foldable mirrors and downlight.

No succes.

Previously I have contacted the local dealer and they have contacted the factory (he said), but no response.

So I need your help - Any advice or idea will be appreciated...

Thanks a lot

Flemming

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guy I have an 06 vrs octavia, and just got vcds how do I make the alarm beep when locking and unlocking, and can I reset the throttle body flap,? Thanks Matt

I am trying to find the coding to set my rear lights to come with the DLR so called Scandinavian running lights. Also the code to change the overtake indicators from 3 to 5 flashes.

Thanks in advance.

I am trying to find the coding to set my rear lights to come with the DLR so called Scandinavian running lights. Also the code to change the overtake indicators from 3 to 5 flashes.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure on the rear lights, but the comfort turn signals can be done like this (from DrPinball's document in post #16 of this thread - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/229766-vcds-adaptations-how-do-i/#entry3285940 - I needed to do the factory reset in the Maxidot before the change took.)

Comfort Turn Signals To 5 Blinks: (Change the number of times the indicators blink when you 'flick' the indicator stalk)

Cent Elect - 09

Adaptation - 10

Click on the drop down menu and select “Comfort Turn Signals (cycles).” In the “NEW VALUE” window, hit up or down to your desired selection. 5 is recommended.

Note: If this does not work , go to Maxidot - MDF - Vision - reset factory settings or try:

Cent Elect - 09

Adaptation - 10

Channel 31> old value (3x flashing; default) 3> values ​​range between 1-5 

Thanks in advance.

I might be mistaken but I seem to recall that Scandinavian running lights is Dipped headlights on all the time along with rear lights

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all VCDS Experts. I have upgraded my Superb 3T with MFSW.  I had my servicecenter do some VCDS programming, and they managed to fix almost everything.

Buttons on left side is OK, but none are working on the right side :thumbdown:  I do have the originale stalk with maxidot functions still working, they might cause the problem :think: 

Is there anyway to fix this without removing/change the right stalk?

Any advice is nice

• 8 months later...

Can anyone tell me how to activate tail lights when drls are on? Car is a 2012 Octavia estate. Thanks.

For the MK2 FL Octavia, it can't be done using VCDS.

Options are either VCP (Vag Can Pro) or a dealer tool such as VAS-PC or ODIS-e. If you have access to those drop me a PM and I'll try and help :)

• Like 1

For the MK2 FL Octavia, it can't be done using VCDS.

Options are either VCP (Vag Can Pro) or a dealer tool such as VAS-PC or ODIS-e. If you have access to those drop me a PM and I'll try and help :)

Ah. Don't have access to either of those. Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm trying to activate the halogen fog lights on my Mk2 Octavia so they can be used as DRLs .. Also want to dim them down to 50% or less, and set them to North American mode...

Any idea where to look in VCDS ? Going to a kind local owner to use his VCDS so would be very helpful knowing where to start ..

Many Thanks ..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i tried to make the change the MDF to display MPH on my 2015 Yeti. Accepted country change OK but didnt actually change anything in the display

Did you make the other changes in the MFD?

i tried this because i read of someone else with a 2015 yeti. he had a May build mine was built n November. So looks like some can make the change and some wont be able. guess it would be a good move to see whether the digit.speed item is in the MFD before starting