VCDS Adaptations. How do I ..........

Gizmo

I made a small progress, alltho not able to change the throttle from "Skoda" to "Audi" as the long coding does not match.

The problem about the security code that you mentioned @MartiniB is solved. The MK7 Golf is basically the exact same car as the 280ps Superb. So I found this list of security codes for the MK7 R. Remember that I have not tested any of them except "Engine 01" which allowes me to login via OBDeleven.

Might be usefull for someone.

Scroll down a bit and you'll see the list: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/vcds-vag-com-codes-programmable-options-golf-mk7-84619-46.html

Edited by Dogpatch
  • Like 1

I made a small progress, alltho not able to change the throttle from "Skoda" to "Audi" as the long coding does not match.

I'm not too sure how relevant this will be to any Skoda's but I programmed the 'Skoda to Audi' setting on my Cupra to see if I could notice a difference and got an exclamation mark alongside the cruise control settings. Looking at the error logs confirmed some of them were down to a missing adaptive cruise setup. Reverting back to the previous setting removed the error. Maybe all Audi's now have adaptive cruise?

Hi everybody!

I was wondering, by comparing the RVC (rear view camera) images as seen in Octavia III (my2015) and Superb III (my2016), if we may have any way to mod the actual car configuration (by using VCDS and/or obd11, I have both) in order to add to OCtavia the "alternative view modes" (see attached images, there are 3 buttons on the right side of the camera image) that are available on the Superb.

Does anybody know anything, or has somehow tried to code this modification? Any input/feedback is welcome!

RVC-octaviaIII.JPG

RVC-superbIII.JPG

• Like 1

How do I calibrate the MPG display in the maxidot?

Go to 17 - Instruments

Adaptations

“Display Correction of Consumptions and Operating Range”

The value should be 100% as std,

if your maxidot figures are too optimistic (showing better MPG figures than what you are achieving) then you need to increase this figure,

I found that for every 2% I increased the figure it dropped the maxidot MPG by 1 MPG :

My car was approx 5 MPG optimistic (showing 55 MPG when I was actually getting 50 MPG), so correcting it to 110% made it read spot on.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

For some reason with the Superb 190TDI Sportline Combi (Nov 2016), the tailgate options for remote close and cabin button close don't seem to be there. Any thoughts? Any way to enable this with the coding rather than the adaptation option?

Thanks

Dan

Hi/

I'm new on this forum and I'm looking for a list of adaptations for a Octavia 2 pre-FL. Mine is a VRS Combi PD170 with a 23 byte central.

Can someone help me?

sorry for my english.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Kipi007 said:

I have a Octavia 2010 vrs. Is there any ways to make the blinklight light all the time? (30-40%) like US blinkers? :)

Assuming that's a facelift then yes, but not with VCDS.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Bellarous said:

I'm wondering if I can activate coming/leaving home lights on my 2010 octavia vrs. I don't have auto lights. 

Thanks

You can't have leaving home lights, but you can have coming home; I have them activated on mine.  I can't remember what needs doing in VCDS (I did mine with Carista) but to have coming home without auto lights, you just leave the lights in the on position.  Then after you shut down and take the key out, you just flash the high beam once and the lights will come on when you hope the door, and go off again approx 10s later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, planehazza said:

You can't have leaving home lights, but you can have coming home; I have them activated on mine.  I can't remember what needs doing in VCDS (I did mine with Carista) but to have coming home without auto lights, you just leave the lights in the on position.  Then after you shut down and take the key out, you just flash the high beam once and the lights will come on when you hope the door, and go off again approx 10s later.

Thanks I'll go and give it a try I checked all the boxes last night. Didn't know about the flashing the lights thing 

Anybody with experience coding a 2007 Skoda Roomster or Fabia (5J)? 

I've just fitted an RNS300 navigation headunit (with Skoda Relay 487 to have it work at all) in my Roomster Scout 16V Auto, and have a couple of quirks that I believe can be fixed through coding:

1. Navigation "next turn" distances on the MFD (MaxiDOT) are shown (and the voice announces them) in KM rather than Miles. 

2. The rear parking sensor pixel graphics display is no longer working or showing on the headunit. I still get the long beep when engaging reverse, just no radar waves. 

Any help appreciated!

Given that the car is CANBUS 1.6 and the headunit CANBUS 2.0 I have to use Skoda Relay 487 to make them talk together. So perhaps the headunit needs coding in a CANBUS 2.0 car?

Cheers,
matt

Edited by gingerbeardman

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I've just been trying to code/adapt some changes on another Briskodian's MY16 Yeti car :)  All went well except for changing the comfort turn signal (lane change flash) from std 3 to 5, and we couldn't get the front tear drop wipe to work.

We enabled Byte 1 - Bit 3 on the Cent. Elect module coding section but it didn't work. We did a factory reset on the lights menu on the MFD but still no joy.

Same story with the the lane change flash.  Changed the value for 3 to 5 (tried other values between 1 and 5 too) and they took, but the flashes are still only 3, even after again factory resetting the lights menu on the MFD.

Any ideas? :)

On 19/01/2017 at 22:19, Dogpatch said:

Hello everyone.

Just got myself an OBDeleven. Nifty little thing!

Tried the throttle sensetivity mod. Changing from Skoda to Audi. Supposed to be a huge difference.

When looking in the OBDeleven, the coding is not as in this image. I even tried to change anyway but it would not accept it.

Any ideas on this ?

Hs2SekU.png

This looks interesting. Sadly my mk2 FL Octavia refused this coding change.

5 hours ago, planehazza said:

Hi all,

I've just been trying to code/adapt some changes on another Briskodian's MY16 Yeti car :)  All went well except for changing the comfort turn signal (lane change flash) from std 3 to 5, and we couldn't get the front tear drop wipe to work.

We enabled Byte 1 - Bit 3 on the Cent. Elect module coding section but it didn't work. We did a factory reset on the lights menu on the MFD but still no joy.

Same story with the the lane change flash.  Changed the value for 3 to 5 (tried other values between 1 and 5 too) and they took, but the flashes are still only 3, even after again factory resetting the lights menu on the MFD.

Any ideas? :)

This has happened with a few I have coded as well, I left the coding as 5 flashes as it didn’t throw a DTC and was working perfectly (albeit with the std 3 flashes) as some things take a while to start working, as I have not heard anything from the owners I can only assume the 5 flashes has not started to work.

I also tried factory resets and powered the controllers down completely with no effect.

1 hour ago, planehazza said:

This looks interesting. Sadly my mk2 FL Octavia refused this coding change.

It’s for the MQB platform only, your MKII Octavia should have no throttle lag anyway.

• 1 month later...

This is copied from another forum and refers to a SEAT Leon Cupra but I guess could easily apply to other MQB cars.

I'm unsure if it's a good look or not but if you do try it out then please post details of which car was used.

Took me a couple hours but finally got the phased blinkers to work with rear DRLs and using both rear tail sections.

1 - Module 09 - Electronic Central (Security Code 31347)
2 - Adaptation

3 - Leuchte23SL HLC10
4 - Lichtfunktion F23 -- (Change to Blinken links Dunkelphase)
5 - Dimmwert EF23 -- (Change to 100)
6 - Dimming diection EF23 -- (Change to Maximize)
7 - Lichtfunktion G23 -- (Change to Blinken links Hellphase)
8 - Dimmwert GH23 -- (Change to 0)
9 - Dimming diection GH23 -- (Change to Minimize)

10 - Leuchte24SL HRA65
11 - Lichtfunktion F24 -- (Change to Blinken rechts Dunkelphase)
12 - Dimmwert EF24 -- (Change to 100)
13 - Dimming diection EF24 -- (Change to Maximize)
14 - Lichtfunktion G24 -- (Change to Blinken rechts Hellphase)
15 - Dimmwert GH24 -- (Change to 0)
16 - Dimming diection GH24 -- (Change to Minimize)

17 - Leuchte26NSL LA 72
18 - Lichtfunktion F26 -- (Change to Blinken links Dunkelphase)
19 - Dimmwert EF26 -- (Change to 100)
20 - Dimming diection EF26 -- (Change to Maximize)
21 - Lichtfunktion G26 -- (Change to Blinken links Hellphase)
22 - Dimmwert GH26 -- (Change to 0)
23 - Dimming diection GH26 -- (Change to Minimize)

24 - Leuchte27NSL RC6
25 - Lichtfunktion F27 -- (Change to Blinken rechts Dunkelphase)
26 - Dimmwert EF27 -- (Change to 100)
27 - Dimming diection EF27 -- (Change to Maximize)
28 - Lichtfunktion G27 -- (Change to Blinken rechts Hellphase)
29 - Dimmwert GH27 -- (Change to 0)
30 - Dimming diectionGH27 -- (Change to Minimize)

• 5 weeks later...

Tried the Audi throttle adaption and got "Request rejected" anyone else got this? I got a MY2018. 

The other thing is the foglights as coming/leaving home, did not get any sense of that coding in the "tried and tested" thread. Does something miss in that guide? 

Video in motion, is that described anywhere?? 

Thanks for input! 

16 minutes ago, MrMoonWhite said:

Tried the Audi throttle adaption and got "Request rejected" anyone else got this? I got a MY2018. 

The other thing is the foglights as coming/leaving home, did not get any sense of that coding in the "tried and tested" thread. Does something miss in that guide? 

Video in motion, is that described anywhere?? 

Thanks for input! 

I cannot say about the Audi throttle mod as I've not done it myself.

With the foglights as coming/leaving home, have you looked here: 

Lastly, as skoda (and VW) don't allow  video in motion for safety, you will not find it in VCDS.  I believe it can be done with VCP, or you can buy a dongle from Kauftec: https://www.kufatec.de/shop/

Edited by roo