VCDS Adaptations. How do I ..........

Gizmo

5 minutes ago, RitB said:

My MY18 Superb does not show 01b for Bit 0-1. It shows 100b for Bit 0-2, though VCDS in drop down only shows 01 - Skoda/VW, and 02-Audi as options. Has the coding changed ? Thanks.

This is the wrong section for the MKIII, take a look here:

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

This is the wrong section for the MKIII, take a look here:

Hmmm, I checked again & I believe I posted the right Coding - Engine Controller 01, Coding 07, and Byte 0. In the drop down of VCDS, I did see the option to select 01 (01b)-Skoda/VW, and 02 (10b)-Audi, but the default value is 100b (or 4 for Bits 0-2)... You can see the same in the log of VCDS below:

Address 01: Engine
Control Module Part Number: 3G0 906 264
  Component and/or Version: 1.8l R4 TFSI  H13 0003
           Software Coding: 0C1900122424040B3000

Thanks.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• 1 month later...

Related to Golf MK7.5 but maybe some1 knows?

Got both main beam and fog lights as CH/LH - I've set the coming home option to fog lights and manually used LC5 C6 and RB1 C7 to set them as CH/LH.

Anyone knows which channel is used for cornering lamps in headlights? I would like to set them as CH/LH too. I mean the static AFS lights.

MK7.5 with Top Led.

I have a mk7 with separate cornering lights in the headlights, and I can't find an adaptation channel for them like everything else has - its odd.

I would like to know too.......

• 2 months later...
On 25/02/2012 at 11:48, Gizmo said:

Briskoda, myself and Ross-Tech can accept no liability for any damage you do to any vehicle whilst carrying out any adaptations, these adaptations are working perfectly in many cars, but we cannot possibly guarantee they will work in every car made for every market.

Any changes you make are done entirely at your own risk.

For those users that want to help make VCDS even better then please feel free to e-mail Ross-Tech a copy of your Auto-Scan

If there are no descriptions in the ‘Coding’ long code then Admaps would also be useful... Ross-Tech can then include further information in new software releases. 

How do I display the large MPH display on my maxidot?
(needs the latest white maxidot display on newer cars - This may no longer work on some MY12 onwards cars, I tried to code a May 2012 SUPERB and a 2013 Yeti and it rejected the code... it has however worked on other 2013 cars!!)

imgp6365z.jpg

You will need maxidot fitted to the car (as shown above) and someone with VCDS to change the country setting to Australia:

To set the country to Australia:

To change the country go to 17- Instruments and click on "Coding - 07"

17-Instruments-1.png

Then click on "Long Coding Helper"
17coding-1.jpg

Finally under Bit 4 select "70 Country: Australia (AUS)"
Longcoding-Australia-1.jpg

Exit this screen and you will return to the previous screen (with the current & new coding displayed) you see that the long coding has changed, click on "Do it!" all will then be saved.

Once you have made the changes with VCDS you then need to go into the maxi-dot menu:

SETTINGS
Units
"Consu/distance" change this back to mpg (GB), mi (as it defaults to 1/100km, km),

then

SETTINGS
"MFD data" and make sure the box for Digit.speed is ticked

You can also remove the KPH display and replace it with the outside temperature:

SETTINGS
and unticked the "ALT.speed dis." box (this will remove the KPH speed and replace it with the outside temp display)

The above adaptations have been made personally by myself on numerous Octavia MKII, Yeti and Superb MKII vehicles.

Hi

Does anyone know if this will work on a 2009 Superb? I've got the maxidot display, it's accepting the Australia coding, but I'm not getting the option for MPH in the MFD settings.

Thanks in advance

Do you have the white maxidot or the older yellowish one. 

AIUI it will only work on the white version which was introduced across the whole VAG range around late 2009 / 2010

It looks white to me, can't see any hint of yellow. But my car is an 08 plate, so early 2009. Maybe I've got the older maxidot after all. Is there any way of knowing for sure?

Well I tried again this afternoon and it worked - I now have a lovely big mph readout on my maxidot. Not sure what I did wrong the first time!

Cheers Gizmo for the advice

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys... not sure why, but I can’t get Digital MPH to display on my 14 reg Superb elegance 

Vcds allows me to make the change but my car doesn’t register it. 

I go into MFD Data and digi Display is not on there?  

Edited by 20vKarlos

I really hope that someone can help me with something that may be super easy and self-explanatory or something. What is the access code for a Skoda octavia mk2 2,0tdi from 2006? Need to up the idle a bit. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fabia III (16 plate)

I'm trying to enable Hill Hold on a Monte Carlo

I have set the below bit to 1  (Far right bit within Long Coding), changed from CA to CB

It does not seem to be working, is there anything else to set, I have noticed in the Functions section of ABS that there was a Hill Hold Assist option as well.

HILL HOLD CONTROL
- ECU03 (Brakes)
- Coding
- Byte 22
- Bit 0: enabled (Default: disabled)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a 2013 mk 3 octy vrs TDI. And am pretty sure the previous owner has made some mods, needle sweep, heated seat memory, remote windows all work.

It's there any way of quickly finding out what else had been coded in?

• 2 months later...

I need some assistance with my MY19 Kodiaq I just got last week. It seems that because of misunderstanding there is not lane assist or traffic jam assist. The car has, however, digital dash, 360 cameras, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise and high beam assist. For what I've Googled it seems that this should be enough hardware to make the lane assistant work so it should only be a matter of coding? I have original Ross Tech VCDS cable but I do not have the nerves to just go and explore and mess with it.

Does anyone have any tips or other experience regarding the subject? I'd be happy to enable those two features on my car.

Thanks!

Edited by Jeppaa

You certainly should have enough hardware fitted.

What VCDS interface do you have though? as the older HEX+CAN ones are getting a bit limited on talking to ALL of the controllers on new cars, you may be lucky though.

The one I have is probably one of the older HEX+CAN- versions since I've had it for several years. I should give it a try and see which modules I can log into with it.

Any tips for the long coding part would be nice :) 

I found this: https://www.kufatec.com/en/all-products/coding-interface-active-lane-assist-mqb-for-vw-42221

So it seems that it should be possible but since I probably could code it myself too, I'd rather not purchase the dongle.

Edited by Jeppaa
added link

Just follow the Superb and Octavia walkthrough, coupled with a bit of common sense (as certain parts may have moved slightly... as they sometimes do with updated controllers, pay as much attention to the description of the adaptation rather than just where it should be located)

I can’t personally comment on what the HEX+CAN will 100% work on as I upgraded to the HEX-NET a couple of years ago.

Before you change anything, save an admap of each controller as well as an auto scan.

Good tips! I try it out once I have properly time for it. 

Oh, and are these walkthroughs available here or on the Ross-Tech-forum? :)

Edited by Jeppaa

@Jeppaa - firstly, you've not mentioned if your VCDS cable is genuine. If it is genuine, you should download the latest VCDS release as older versions may have issues given how new your car is. If it's a cloned cable, I would not recommend using it on a brand new car...

As for lane assist, it requires a highline camera and I don't think anyone of the options you've mentioned specifically need one. Traffic jam assist has the same requirement.

It's pretty easy to check if it has a highline camera by looking at the outside of the front windscreen, there should be a triangular cutout near the rear view mirror mount. If you do make an autoscan, the camera should appear at address A5.

If there is no triangular cutout or the camera appears at address 20, then you have a lowline camera which is only capable of high beam assist.

Thanks langers2k, I did mention in my first post that I do have an original Ross Tech cable which means it's genuine :)

There is a triangular cutout on the windscreen but I'll update the software and do the autoscan, then I'll know for sure.

@Jeppaa a HEX-CAN cable on a MY19 car will probably not be able to access all modules (except maybe on poverty spec cars), and will return incomplete diagnostics on others.

VAG have changed quite a few things including making some of the CAN messages too long for the older cables such as HEX-CAN to be able to read them. There's nothing Ross-Tech can do to make their older cables 100% compatible with all the modules on the newest cars, they've reached the limit of how far the design (which is well over 10 years old) can be upgraded with only software.

Edited by PetrolDave