VRS Lowering

Why not just get a set of uk spec standard or vrs springs and put em in, ?

That sounds like a good idea. Could anyone share the part number of the UK non vrs octavia springs? If anyone is upgrading to eibachs and are willing to sell their old springs do let me know!!

• 2 weeks later...

I had a quote from awesome the other day for supply fit and alignment

£374 incl vat

Fitted today - £325 incl vat with 4 wheel alignment

Guess I need to push for a better quote! in the end quoted me £425 for springs/rear spacers (£90) fitting and alignment! I am booked in for 16th May

That's strange as Awesome fitted my pro kit and never mentioned the sportlines. If that 45mm drop is accurate, I reckon that's definitely too low on the standard shocks, not sure it would look to good either.

20-30mm is a nice amount on the standard dampers, firms up the ride without getting too harsh. Having previously owned a Type R, the ride in the vRS is still way better.

You have to remember the vRS is already 15mm lower than standard Octavia, so a 45mm spring actually lowers the vRS by 30mm which is perfect imo,

The Pro Kit is a 35mm spring which lowers the vRS by 20mm.

The Pro Kit is probably the best on stock dampers, but if your upgrading dampers too, I think the 45/50mm spring looks best

vRS tfsi lowered on H&R Cup Kit dampers and 35mm H&R lowering springs (20mm lower than standard)

15mm H&R rear spacers fitted too

Springs soon to be changed for 45/50mm H&R

IMG_0692.jpg

Guys I'm looking at getting the Eibachs fitted but there is no way on Gods green earth I'm travelling to Manchester!

Anybody recommend somebody a little closer to Brighton? Kent, Hampshire, Surry perhaps?

• Like 1

I think it would help if people could get some pics up of their cars so that I/we could see how much drop looks best.

I still maintain you're better off just buying some reasonable coilovers rather than spending money on springs / spings and shocks and then realising it isn't low enough.

Coilovers wound down but still with adjusters / helper springs - front should be lower really for aesthetics but this height means it's still practical for everyday driving...

262032_10150700684810593_848035592_19341690_2537729_n.jpg

IMG_2361-1024.jpg

Update - as a few people on here have already stated - the ride quality on standard shocks is way better with them fitted :)

Combined with the new super light alloys the car really does feel much lighter on its feet. Really pleased.

Now got time to start saving for replacement dampers in 50k miles time....

Ill upload of picture of mine when i get chance to get a decent one, mine has all settled now. Just to give you an idea of 55mm looks like :)

Personally id like to go maybe 5 mm more but i do still need the car for work ect :wonder:

Guys I'm looking at getting the Eibachs fitted but there is no way on Gods green earth I'm travelling to Manchester!

Anybody recommend somebody a little closer to Brighton? Kent, Hampshire, Surry perhaps?

BUMP?? Anybody?

Anyone with experience of the KW v1 or the bilstein B14 kits?

Iv got KW V1 Inox's and they are absolutely spot on, ride is stiffer obviously but its not crashy or jarring on long drives. Over bumps its alot more refined then OEM set up. Really reassuring aswell, hit a large hump in the road at speed and OEM or cheaper coilovers would bounce over and lose traction, the KW's just stay put.

the V1's are technically bottom of the range, id love to see what the rest are like!

Eh? That price is for full 4 wheel alignment fitting and the springs? £250? So you paid about £100 for fitting and alignment? Cheap if so

No, for what you was quoted, £374 for springs, fitting and 4 wheel alignment - I got change out of £250!! £112 for the springs......80 to fit, 45 for a 4 wheel alignment! ;)

But, my mechanic is cheap (but good) and I went for H&R springs.......

JKM in portsmouth?

I think it would help if people could get some pics up of their cars so that I/we could see how much drop looks best.

weitec coilovers -35mm:

6103063675_f880ef6c85_b.jpg

another pic at -35:

5545768549_7ac39c9139_b.jpg

And one pic from some time back, running at -45mm:

5132104274_9348d7b450_b.jpg

and one from a very long time ago, with fsd and eibach (factory accessory) pro springs, somewhere around -20mm:

5163374051_bc2c640c8d_b.jpg

HTH

BTW - agree nick's comments above.

No, for what you was quoted, £374 for springs, fitting and 4 wheel alignment - I got change out of £250!!  £112 for the springs......80 to fit, 45 for a 4 wheel alignment! ;)

But, my mechanic is cheap (but good) and I went for H&R springs.......

hi vRS_Pagey which H&r springs have you got?

Iv got KW V1 Inox's and they are absolutely spot on, ride is stiffer obviously but its not crashy or jarring on long drives. Over bumps its alot more refined then OEM set up. Really reassuring aswell, hit a large hump in the road at speed and OEM or cheaper coilovers would bounce over and lose traction, the KW's just stay put.

the V1's are technically bottom of the range, id love to see what the rest are like!

yours is a big drop though, right?

given my post below

weitec coilovers -35mm:

6103063675_f880ef6c85_b.jpg

another pic at -35:

5545768549_7ac39c9139_b.jpg

And one pic from some time back, running at -45mm:

5132104274_9348d7b450_b.jpg

and one from a very long time ago, with fsd and eibach (factory accessory) pro springs, somewhere around -20mm:

5163374051_bc2c640c8d_b.jpg

HTH

BTW - agree nick's comments above.

The pics at 35 IMO too low from an aesthetic POV, maybe not from a handling POV. Looks like 20mm would look good for me.

I still maintain you're better off just buying some reasonable coilovers rather than spending money on springs / spings and shocks and then realising it isn't low enough.

Coilovers wound down but still with adjusters / helper springs - front should be lower really for aesthetics but this height means it's still practical for everyday driving...

262032_10150700684810593_848035592_19341690_2537729_n.jpg

IMG_2361-1024.jpg

This looks just right - constant gap around the wheel arch

Looking at the white FL estate Octy mine is not million miles from there but iv heard the FL's are lower then the pre FL's to begin with?

Mine has been dropped about 50mm, the back is wound fully down (they are adjustable) and to be the best of my memory i dont think the fronts have have much further to go.

Iv been busy at work so have not had chance to get a decent picture so ill try and get one today :)

2012-04-09114559.jpg

2012-04-09114551.jpg

2012-04-09114612.jpg

photo2.jpg

These are from a few weeks ago, last one was taken about an hour after lowering and its not close to settling, the others were a few weeks later

Edited by Ema_jane
  • Like 1