Official Briskoda Fabia II Monte Carlo Register

Ah with you now! Like the one you saw mine is a 64 plate, a quick Google search on images and it's 64 plate ones that come up with that colour coding in white so possibly just a variant for that year. First car I've bought based on looks and performance as opposed to all my previous ones based on practicality and intended use and I love it!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Car: Monte Carlo 105 TDi hatch

Colour: Black with Red interior

Options: Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Rear Sensors.

Aftermarket Options: Towbar which i been re-assured has not towed Caravan!!

Mods: Audi TT 16" Speedline Alloys with 205 45 16 winter tyres. (offset gives another 10mm to track width)  LED Side Lights, LED DRL's, HID Xenon kit(yet to fit)

Future Mods: Sell Monte Carlo 17" and get some VRS 17", Replace Swing Headunit with something that has DAB and Bluetooth, Possible another parcel shelf so i can have 2, Audi S1 Brakes on the front. Possible Maxidot

Edited by k7aus

On Thursday I got a Monte Carlo 63 plate registered jan2014, diesel estate in race blue, with 29000 miles on the clock, it came with wind deflectors but apart from that it seems standard. I'm looking for suitable seat covers but not sure what will fit right due to the bucket seats and whether to go black, red ,(to go with the stitching)  or blue to match the outside, any opinions welcome, but it is a great drive just a shame I've got to work to pay for it rather than driving it about all day. And I'm sure there are other things that I'll do to it in the future. I will get a picture up when light and weather are playing nice 

On 27/01/2018 at 16:11, Tucker said:

IMG_20180121_133033.jpg

Welcome, I have the same an love it, just got coilovers fitted last week, an had alloys refurbed black last year. If you have fb join skoda gang be good to see another fellow blue monte estate in the groups 

1 hour ago, Xtine89 said:

Sorry don't do Facebook, and luckily got the garage I bought it from to refurbish the alloys and fix a scratch that happened in there forecourt. And I actually was thinking that I haven't actually see another blue Monte estate about then on sat morning I seen one with roof cross bars at Jct 3 m 27  and thought wow another then 5 minutes later heading east bound on the M27 I seen what I thought was the same one going past me untill I realized that it never had the cross bars (I was in lorry working at the time) so I suppose they are like busses don't see any then two turn up 

2 minutes ago, Xtine89 said:

Don't see many up north at all and I'm not keen on the mk3 I have seen a couple of them. This is a recent pic of mine.

20180126_161134.jpg

Is that on the coil overs because it's got a nice stance but I don't think lowering is on the cards as I've had land rovers and last car was a  nissan  xtrail so still paranoid about the lack of ground clearance especially the front spoiler and because I got a car I trust for milage I'm planning on visiting mum and stepdad in moray 

Just now, Tucker said:

Is that on the coil overs because it's got a nice stance but I don't think lowering is on the cards as I've had land rovers and last car was a  nissan  xtrail so still paranoid about the lack of ground clearance especially the front spoiler and because I got a car I trust for milage I'm planning on visiting mum and stepdad in moray and the brake calipers look good had been toying with red or black but red does look good 

18 minutes ago, Tucker said:
20 minutes ago, Tucker said:

Is that on the coil overs because it's got a nice stance but I don't think lowering is on the cards as I've had land rovers and last car was a  nissan  xtrail so still paranoid about the lack of ground clearance especially the front spoiler and because I got a car I trust for milage I'm planning on visiting mum and stepdad in moray and the brake calipers look good had been toying with red or black but red does look good 

Yeh it's on coilovers only in the last week, needs spacers tho to fill the arches, I go to a few shows an meets with it so more into the look than speed but iv heard wi a remap it's nippy aswel... depends if I have it long enough to bother, cracking car cheap to run being a family wagon 

Here's my newly collected 62 plate 105 tsi. 

Good days worth of machine polishing yesterday leaves me with this!

plans are a desperately needed wheel refurb or another set of 17's if anyone has any ideas,M also a new head unit or Bluetooth of some sort. 

This weeks task is have a look at the rear drums......!

image.jpeg

Put Pioneer AVH-X3600DAB in mine DAB and Bluetooth. Only downside is rear parking sensor now only bleep 

Now on 16" winters and did the rear light modification using Vauxhall Astra rear light. (Light is installed correct just the angle of the shot makes it look badly installed)

Skoda Monte2.jpg

Skoda Monte1.jpg

Skoda Monte3.jpg

10 hours ago, k7aus said:

Put Pioneer AVH-X3600DAB in mine DAB and Bluetooth. Only downside is rear parking sensor now only bleep 

Now on 16" winters and did the rear light modification using Vauxhall Astra rear light. (Light is installed correct just the angle of the shot makes it look badly installed)

Skoda Monte2.jpg

Skoda Monte1.jpg

Skoda Monte3.jpg

That s lovely! The winters look better than my summers and the head unit makes it!

• 3 months later...

Hi folks.

Just a couple of weeks ago I bought a second-hand, 2014 Fabia Estate (Monte Carlo). It was a private sale, so no warranty.

However, the fuel line keeps disconnecting from the fuel filter (I think that’s what they are!). This not only means the car won’t start, but also leaves a nice puddle of petrol under the car!

I am hopeless at mechanical things, but am reluctant to take it to a garage so soon after purchase.

Is this a common fault?

And, more importantly, can a novice like me fix it?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

A

FDA04466-9843-47D6-AA5D-64DEEACBE8B3.jpeg

Im sure it not common and looking at the youtube tutorial they look to be push fit items so within the skills of a novice. Maybe they need a little more force to be secure.

3 minutes ago, k7aus said:

Im sure it not common and looking at the youtube tutorial they look to be push fit items so within the skills of a novice. Maybe they need a little more force to be secure.

Hi k7aus.

Thanks for the advice!

Please will you post a link to the video? I’ve searched but must be looking in the wrong place.

I’ve pushed it back on a couple of times, but it keeps coming off again. Brute force and ignorance are my forte, so perhaps I need to be a bit heavier handed.

Thanks again!