jars' 2005 Fabia vRS

Titanium_Man

7 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

@Titanium_Man Beta blockers are normally used for treating high blood pressure, although they may also be used in treating other heart conditions.

Yes Ken, I’m aware of what each one of the four daily meds I have to take actually do :) 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

@Titanium_Man Beta blockers are normally used for treating high blood pressure, although they may also be used in treating other heart conditions.

I used to take them for anxiety.

• Like 1

Just now, Titanium_Man said:

Interesting…..  maybe that’s why I’m so laid back about everything at the minute :D

Could be, mate :D

1 hour ago, Titanium_Man said:

After speaking with the account manager from college I've got myself an informal chat penciled in once I get back from my holiday :) Seems like there is potentially a role coming up with them that I would apparently be perfect for.....

That is excellent news!

Without trawling back through to be sure I think that was one of the possibilities that I mentioned, if it comes to pass then you will look back and say that perhaps it was meant to be!

I assume you have no risk taking the exams but from practicing the trade?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

i could be wrong Ken, but id imagine his cardiac team know that, and dont have him on them just for the craic :D

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, J.R. said:

That is excellent news!

Without trawling back through to be sure I think that was one of the possibilities that I mentioned, if it comes to pass then you will look back and say that perhaps it was meant to be!

I assume you have no risk taking the exams but from practicing the trade?

You most certainly did, sir, and could be right! 

We don’t know what will come up in the practical exams and currently not fit / recovered enough to attempt all jobs. Also, we don’t know when the next slot for the various assessments will be. Due to covid there’s a massive backlog of people waiting for their tests and I just can’t sit around and waiting.

There are other reasons behind my decision, which believe me when I say was not easy, to walk away when I’m so close. But without going in to details, too much needed to happen before I sat the exams (not from my side)

• 2 months later...

it’s tough at the minute 😞 Although a positive, seeing a head dr to try and help with PTSD & the anxiety has caused me to  take a fair few backward steps and been struggling to recover the ground. 

Sorry, for once I’m struggling to come up with a positive spin on things 😞 

• Sad 4

Thank you for your kinds words, guys. Knew I should have ventured on here sooner 🥰

The quack put me straight and told me to give myself a break too. I am trying, but can’t help but to push! Bizarrely, also tend to forget what I’ve been through 🤪

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 06/12/2022 at 18:16, AnnoyingPentium said:

@Titanium_Man - Haven't heard much from you in a bit. Hope all is well in your wee part of the world. /cdn-cgi/mirage/b06f1f285133f9287fed733434e8534b8fafab00ca63e61b2cf4b87f9f1c1594/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/emoticons/emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Still not back to my old self and been hiding away from the world tbh. 

I had a really good session with the head dr a few weeks ago, which perked me up a bit. But the next session dug deep and I’ve really struggled since. However, I agreed overall it is helping and booked another 4 sessions. Currently sat waiting for my next session as we speak. 

To try and cope, I’ve chucked myself in the deep-end at work, but I can see I’m not the same person and at times I feel like a blunt spoon. What’s not helping is the stress of an impending Ofstead review of the college I work for, and my lack of sharpness is starting to get me down and worry me that I could let my colleagues down. 

My poor Skoda has not moved since about August. I just can’t muster up the energy to get back on it, and won’t let Zee use it in case it lets her down on the way to work. 

It’s ironic that for the last few years I’ve not really touched my car due to lack of funds. I’m now financially as good as I’ve ever been, but still not making progress 😪

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Titanium_Man said:

Still not back to my old self and been hiding away from the world tbh. 

I had a really good session with the head dr a few weeks ago, which perked me up a bit. But the next session dug deep and I’ve really struggled since. However, I agreed overall it is helping and booked another 4 sessions. Currently sat waiting for my next session as we speak. 

To try and cope, I’ve chucked myself in the deep-end at work, but I can see I’m not the same person and at times I feel like a blunt spoon. What’s not helping is the stress of an impending Ofstead review of the college I work for, and my lack of sharpness is starting to get me down and worry me that I could let my colleagues down. 

My poor Skoda has not moved since about August. I just can’t muster up the energy to get back on it, and won’t let Zee use it in case it lets her down on the way to work. 

It’s ironic that for the last few years I’ve not really touched my car due to lack of funds. I’m now financially as good as I’ve ever been, but still not making progress 😪

Ahhh man, I'm sorry to hear that. :sadsmile:

Without regurgitating what I said before, you'll get to where you want to be. Your 'head doctor' as you put it, will be one of the best folk to see you through it as well. You'll always have us here backing you up too, of course.

Good luck in your upcoming session, I'm sure it'll be onwards and upwards from here, or something like that. 🤞:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dont worry about letting other folk down ,when your having such a hard time as your going through concentrate on getting to the good side again ,ime sure everyone who knows you will understand ,be a tad selfish and look after you ,your good friends and colleagues will be happier to see you happy,good luck mate ,i know there just words but ive been in a couple of deep holes myself ,but time friends and talking really do help get you out 👍

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

• 5 months later...