jars' 2005 Fabia vRS

Titanium_Man

Great meeting you the other day mate. Exciting stuff, gunna be like a new car when she returns!!

Yes dude likewise, your car really is impressive in the flesh and you know I've got love for those seats!!

Thanks for the compliment, once I'm back it will get some more toys to finish her off .... Can't wait!

Looking good man! still got my old spiders, looks sweeeet =]

Yep, they aint going anywhere for a good while, love em and makes the car IMO

Off topic Dan.. (looking at track 12) is that anything to do with you... thought i recognised your name somewhere?!?!?

6A8C0594-5989-410F-B399-503D66986129-115-000000203B8AE53A.jpg

MOT & service time...worst time of the year for me, I hate it, always makes me nervous, which is a rarity!

Not bad this year, advisory for headlamp out of alignment (I knew that as replaced the bulb 2 days b4) one for disintegrating wishbone bush (had a Powerflex bush ready to go in the boot :rock: ) rear seat belt was stuck... gave it a tug and the casing for the rear damper has broke away (can anything be done about this??)

New issues found though.. pipe coming out of the EGR is loose along with the lower boost pipe so need to get shopping again :wall: kinda knew this as have noticed a drop in MPG and asked him to check.

The big thing I notice was the crap job the bodyshop has done putting my rear bumper back on. It's going back in tomorrow for rectification work as I was not a happy bunny, especially for what I paid :devil: ..... the sprayer reckons it has been put back right.... when I arrived at my mates garage I saw this...... (look at the two bottom corners of the boot on both pictures and you will see)

(before)

88ffd156.jpg

(after)

F6F5D70A-9E49-4076-B2E1-6C07C5CC52E3-1099-000001523F3D2D25.jpg

• 2 months later...

Not updated my thread for a while as been recovering from heart surgery which is going pretty well.... just been signed off for another month :rock:

Although I have been out of action, have been building up my stash of mods and cleaning materials ready for my situation to change ;)

2D1DF572-5DD6-43E1-BC2B-442171159C2C-2475-00000283DD836B88.jpg

51FAC446-CA04-4502-8FC2-06C8BBA03716-2475-000002844B3C93D8.jpg

I'm currently in the middle of buying my first house so a lot of my gear has been put in storage as since my last post I have moved into a shared house until our house has been built :rock: This means I haven't cleaned my car for a fair while, nor done any of the little things I had originally planned to get done.

The upshot is that I have this to look forward to... (mine is the right hand side)

5EB7A801-0453-4A62-A17E-95A8124839D8-2475-000002890249D35B.jpg

This will enable me to take my door cards off, fix and dehumidify and dry out the car properly and safely, plus allow me to give it a proper detail, machine polish and full seat removal to vax the entire inside at my leisure as she will then only be used on long motorway journeys and going to football and for the odd blast!

Although I'm still recovering, I was given the all clear to drive last week so arranged to meet up with Trebormint last night as I wanted to feel how a hybrid set-up is like to live with and see if (IMO) the expense is worth it. Unfortunately the best laid plans fudge up sometimes and hit a snag on the way up.... a puncture :@ so will be re-arranging a drive up to Swindon this weekend.

FD59B319-AF68-4801-85D5-02AF586AE667-2475-00000282992AC2B8.jpg

Was picked up by the recovery agent, a pretty aggressive polish bloke who refused to allow me to drive on my spare on the motorway due to "the speed rating of your spare" but I looked at it this morning and found this....

B3724A77-58CE-4200-B163-86FBC91135BE-2475-000002829DB782AF.jpg

Am I wrong in thinking he was talking total crap given the rating I can see the tyre is "W"?? :wall:

So once I'm on my feet there are a few things which I have planned.....

Ready to go on:

PD160

K and 'N' panel filter

LCR splitter

LED's for the boot and reg plate

Osram night breaker plus bulbs

New pollen filter

Future plans:

A re-map in the immediate future - Unit 18 as also want a full geometry check.

Depo Xenon projector headlights

FMIC

Turbo upgrade

leather seats

Not much will happen on here for a while until I've moved into my new house, but will be a lot to update and loads of pictures once I'm done.... then onto the "future plans" ......

Come on get on with it!

Anyone would think you've been through some kind of physical

trauma recently. :p

Looking forward to seeing it when it's all done.

I know I'm a lazy git :p

Speaking of lazy.... Get to work :p :D

So glad to hear your op went well mate!

Plans sounds good. And love the look of your garage! I may be bugging you to hire it out for the day so I can polish mine :p

Cheers Tim.

Well they're nothing new but hey!!

Yeah no worries, you still got my number? Just remember to bring your rivet gun :p

Whilst I think about it..... do you use a rotary or DA?? I have a silverline rotary but not used it for 2 years and was considering buying a Das-6/pro?

Damn was I suppose I be lending you that? Or was that someone else? If so, sorry! Id completely forgotten. If you wanna lend it, let me know and ill pick it up next time I'm back at my parent's.

I have a Kestrel DAS 6 mate, so you can lend that too if you want!

Good luck getting better! The stash of parts looks great ;) if your thinking of a hybrid then I would say go for that before a remap, I had mine mapped now I want a hybrid, I'd have £300 more towards a hybrid if I hadn't paid for it to be mapped :)

Damn was I suppose I be lending you that? Or was that someone else? If so, sorry! Id completely forgotten. If you wanna lend it, let me know and ill pick it up next time I'm back at my parent's.

I have a Kestrel DAS 6 mate, so you can lend that too if you want!

Yeah that was me dude! No worries, wasn't really in a position to do it anyway! Won't be in the new house til about March so no rush :thumbup:

Was in 2 minds to buy the pro, but when everything went in the "basket" it totalled over 200 notes so quickly shut the laptop!

Good luck getting better! The stash of parts looks great ;) if your thinking of a hybrid then I would say go for that before a remap, I had mine mapped now I want a hybrid, I'd have £300 more towards a hybrid if I hadn't paid for it to be mapped :)

Cheers mate, nearly there!

I've been arguing that very fact for months whilst I've been sat on my arse! The thing is, I'm not sure how long it's gonna take be to get the funds together for the whole setup given my financial commitments now have to change!