HELP! (Please, Please)

oldstan

Just got back with the Yeti and was trying to locate the source of a noise from behind the dash (sounded like a butterfly in a cardboard Box) at 850 rpm only. In checking, I revved the engine in neutral and found that I could only rev as far as 4000 rpm - and just before it reached that engine speed there was a slight hesitation....and TBH it did sound a tiny bit rough as it revved.

I've called the RAC - they offered to come out and are due later - but have to go on a 500 mile trip tomorrow and will use the Hyundai... :-( ..... if I have to. Don't want to risk a breakdown, obviously - but would ask if anyone has any ideas.

It's a 1.2 DSG.

I'll look for replies tonight but won't be about for a couple of days after tomorrow - so apologies if I don't respond afyter tonight.

Thankjs.

All DSG's only rev to 4000 rpm stationary, its normal and nothing to worry about. The hesitation is the ECU limiting the fuel flow to the engine to stop you reving over 4000 rpm.

Another thread elsewhere on the same topic.

http://myfastgti.com/volkswagen/threads/871-Cant-rev-past-4000-rpms

All DSG's only rev to 4000 rpm stationary, its normal and nothing to worry about. The hesitation is the ECU limiting the fuel flow to the engine to stop you reving over 4000 rpm.

Another thread elsewhere on the same topic.

http://myfastgti.com...-past-4000-rpms

Thanks muchly for such a quick reply...din't know that. RAC not here yet but will advise of what you say. Super service. V. much obliged.

Another lesson learned....and I also just found out that if you haven't got your driving licence (BOTH parts) on you and you break down at the weekend and need a hire car from RAC, you're stuffed, coz they can't contact DVLA to confirm you hold a licence. The girl on the breakdown desk told me. I don't usually carry both parts and so - like I say - yet another lesson there.

Many thanks for advice.