skoda rapid video

alberg

The Rapid is a smaller car than the Octavia (called Laura in India) and has been launched here. Skoda Rapid India site is here - http://www.skoda-aut...Pages/look.aspx . Also a detailed review can be found here - http://www.team-bhp....ive-review.html

It is based on its sibling the VW Vento which is in fact a booted version of the Polo.

dkaile, Nice to see you here.

Indian Rapid is slightly different looking version of VW Vento, which actually is a VW Polo with a boot and longer wheelbase. So Rapid = VW Polo with a boot.

Edited by .anshuman

The current Octy size wise is as big as I'd want, any bigger and it's not for me and, from what those pics and the vid show me about the Rapid together with the link provided by dkaile (thanks) that'll be me off to a Yeti when the time comes to change

The current Octy size wise is as big as I'd want, any bigger and it's not for me and, from what those pics and the vid show me about the Rapid together with the link provided by dkaile (thanks) that'll be me off to a Yeti when the time comes to change

Didn't know Lancashire was in India... Really feel Skoda have made a big mistake caling the Indian car "Rapid".

Didn't know Lancashire was in India... Really feel Skoda have made a big mistake caling the Indian car "Rapid".

They actually wanted to name it Lauretta, but the bashing it got through Internet and Media made them change their mind at the last moment. Octavia is called Laura in India.

They actually wanted to name it Lauretta, but the bashing it got through Internet and Media made them change their mind at the last moment. Octavia is called Laura in India.

Why? I think Lauretta sounds ok, and would make sense with the Indian Octavia being called Laura.

• 2 weeks later...

318189-top_foto1-9bkgq.jpg

SPA429107_RAPID.JPG

]

video not inpress that much, but as usual concept car looks brilliant

have to ask the pictures/concept video of new octavia III looks bloody lovely

im hoping/wishing it would look like that,as if it did skoda could have a deposit now ....

but i know in the end it will probably look nothing like it

• 2 weeks later...