boost gauges

anybody no of any good links to decent boost gauges and how hard are these to fit does anyone haver any fitted already and what sort of labour charges or how many hrs should it take a local garage to fit one thanks guys all help is much appreciated

i like the look of these to but am unsure if the cheaper one comes with all connections needed or if i have to buy them seperately as i presume that is why there is a price hike between the 2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/free-shipping-D2-electronic-boost-controller-HDi-60mm-dual-display-boost-gauge-/230758827513?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35ba4c45f9

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HDi-SBG-DR-Dual-display-super-electronic-boost-gauge-DR-series-free-shipping-/230721266335?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b80f229f

any of u guys that no about these all help is appreciated as it would be going to garage for fitting as way to complex for me

The first one is only more expensive because it includes an electronic boost controller as well which is not a good idea on these engines, the boost should be completely controlled by the ECU and map so it gets the fuelling and timing to match.

The second one looks like it's got all the bits you'd need. You'd have to have the pressure sensor part of it mounted somewhere in the engine bay though.

Just fitted my Tim boost gauge this week. Was 10 from eBay 2nd hand. 5 for 4m of silicone tubing and 2.50 for a green bulb. No need to spend that much.

Took 2hrs to fit due to removing trim an locating the bloody grommet behind the glovebox.

thats good didnt wanna spend 120 plus do u think that would be an issue the pressure sensor or would be quite straight forward for a garage to do also do u have any clue on the amount of time this should take a garage to fit

i can always count on a solid answer from you chicken eyebrow you seem to answer alot of my posts you should have your own garage :D

Just fitted my Tim boost gauge this week. Was 10 from eBay 2nd hand. 5 for 4m of silicone tubing and 2.50 for a green bulb. No need to spend that much.

Took 2hrs to fit due to removing trim an locating the bloody grommet behind the glovebox.

any pics on here mate

as am looking for it on the door pillar but cant seem to find any door pillar holders

as am looking for it on the door pillar but cant seem to find any door pillar holders

I don't think anywhere does pillar holders for the Mk1 VRS but Mark (Bowders1) did a good guide on how to make your own using a universal gauge holder and a spare pillar trim:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/223699-diy-a-pillar-boost-gauge-mod/

It's definately the best and most OEM-looking one I've seen but you need to be confident with the old sealant and paint :thumbup:

This is the one I made,

Only took an hour or so to do,

Not to best of jobs but no to shabby, I'm putting the standard vent back in soon tho.

533451_3789354059523_1447239301_33422819_767623028_n.jpg

559563_3991072902368_1447239301_33493489_637472294_n.jpg

Haven't taken any pics sorry. It's a standard pod holder stuck in the corner near the A pillar. Looks fine to me. I think if you want a close to oem look without the hassle of fabricating an A pillar mount then the steering wheel centre mount is pretty good but £40/50 I think. Check out robs pimp my Skoda site as he has one.

Guest BigJase88

Vent pod and newsouth guage

c6ff4024.jpg

d136cf02.jpg

Available from awesome gti

Now thats oem+!!

And dont listen to the stories about the vent pod causing steamy windows as i have never used my vents! They are always shut! And im steam free!!