New Badges fitted with pictures

Yeah mine are standard 18" Neptunes. But are those caps genuine? They seem cheaper than what others posted up...

I think they are. It says oem!!!

Otherwise go to your skoda dealer.

I don't think that the ones on eBay are that much cheaper than your dealer.

• Like 1

FINALLY got around to fitting mine tonight! Only bloody had them since Feb!

https://goo.gl/photos/ir2tJX6SaZSYmxb48

Whilst at it, I picked the red part out of the VRs badge as it was getting tatty.  Actually think I prefer it without it. Do I ditch the green V also?

Edited by planehazza

• 1 month later...

Like a couple of others, I'd replaced the key emblem using the ones from WookieeM and unfortunately it's not stood the test of time well.

Here's an alternative solution that might last a little better.

The Citigo has (had?) a similar key design to the octavia but takes the new style logo, it is however slightly smaller at 12mm instead of 14mm across. The part number of the logo is 3T0837891A and should fit nicely to the original key although have a slight gap (~1mm) all the way round, it's only a couple of quid from a dealer.

If like me, this plays with your OCD then you can either replace the entire key and have it coded, the part number being 3T0837202L or buy a replacement key shell with a 12mm space for the logo and transplant the electronics and key blade across. I opted for the latter and you can see the result in the attached picture.

One final point, make sure you key is of the right design before buying replacement shells as there are multiple versions over the years. My original key part number was 3T0837202C so shares the same PCB as 3T0837202L making it an easy swap.

Mike you must be easier on your keys that I am, it's probably living in my pocket with a bunch of other keys all day ;)

I've also done the columbus boot logo and changed to the MK3 steering wheel to finish the logo swap.

post-121621-0-46545400-1442911327_thumb.jpg

all done:

rear: new style SKODA and new style vRS:

IMG_0020_zpsueuok2dg.jpg

front: new style SKODA and new style vRS:

IMG_0018_zps59gnivfs.jpg

alloys :

wp_20150422_17_54_36_pro_zpsnkvwqbke.jpg

seat lever:

IMG-20150419-00531_zpsvxl49qfj.jpg

I did my badges a long time ago - you'll see my post somewhere on page one :)

Anyway, from your pictures your rear badge is a much better fit to mine and I think it's highly possible there has been a general change in which bdage people are advising.

I know, I know, loads of codes in this thread - can you tell me the part number of the badge you've used for the rear? My front one is perfect, but my rear one doesn't fit into the recess that the old one came out of - sits slightly over. I think it looks OK, however your pictures look better, so I'd like to change again.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

read the topic , ready to order the badges.

Please someone confirm that for a pre-FL Hatchback Skoda Octavia VRS the correct badges are

for the front  = 1ST 853 601 AAUL

for the boot = 5J0 853 621 AAUL

for the wheels = 5JA 601 151 ULM (this part number is a pack of one, so I need 4 for the wheels, correct?)

also, any insights on where to order then? (shipment in Greece)

Skodaparts (not sure if they do international EU shipments), ebay etc? Local dealers here are expensive....

These are the same for mk2 fl too

Thanks guys! was looking for these myself and have found them as a result.

• 3 weeks later...

I have serious brain-ache reading through this thread and I am more confused now than when I started reading this lol

Anyways...

I have a pre-facelift vrs and have already bought the badges, I think I have the right size ones but not sure about the curvature on the badges...

Will the convex badge fit on the boot or does it have to be the flat badge ?

The part numbers for the badges I have are...

K5JA853621AUL

Thanks guys

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone, Sorry to 'necro' the thread, but what newer badges are needed for the MK1 Fabia estate/combi? And which wheel badges fit the 16 inch Mk1 Fabia VRS wheels? Many thanks :)

Edited by GeneralDogsbody

Well I liked the new badges so much, I bought the company. No not really, but I have just fitted these new badges on my motor. I kept reading posts that to get the old ones off they needed heat and maybe some fishing line to get behind them. Thought I would just try an old credit card and no heat. With a little bit of force I got the card behind the badge and then it was just a case of working your way round and off they come. Dead easy, 10min job. Don't use a current card though, as the card is well frayed. Front, back and wheels now have new shiny badges and they in my opinion do look a lot better than the old ones.

• 3 months later...

where is the cheapest to get these? can't seem to find any genuine badges for <£15 which seems a bit steep. Are the part numbers in the OP still the best option or are there alternatives since it was first posted?

The prices appear to have gone up quite a bit since the original post, the cheapest I could find was from e-bay from a seller called number1for skoda.

The seller is Rainworth Skoda

1ST 853 601 AAUL = £14.99

5J0 853 621 AAUL = £19.49

5JA 601 151 FOD = £34.49 for all 4 wheel badges

You can get them cheaper but they are Chinese copies.

Edited by Dave3283

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for reviving this thread but it has never been marked as answered. 

Could you guys clearly mention what we should look for when trying to change to the new badge? I have a 2007 Octavia and I am not sure if I can do it or not.

• 3 months later...
On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 07:10, Dave3283 said:

The prices appear to have gone up quite a bit since the original post, the cheapest I could find was from e-bay from a seller called number1for skoda.

The seller is Rainworth Skoda

1ST 853 601 AAUL = £14.99

5J0 853 621 AAUL = £19.49

5JA 601 151 FOD = £34.49 for all 4 wheel badges

You can get them cheaper but they are Chinese copies.

I have ordered the front and rear badges with the same part number as these, from my local skoda dealership, yet the rear badge is 90mm when the size should be 80mm... also ordered a badge that was mentioned at the start of this thread for the rear and it was also the wrong size. So now have 2 non returnable badges and still no badge on the rear :blink:

@snatcho88Those part numbers supply 1 x 90mm and 1 x 80mm, 1ST 853 601 AAUL is the 90mm and the one I have on the front, it is from a Citigo and requires the plastic plugs on the back snapping off to fit properly.

5J0 853 621 AAUL is the 80mm from a new fabia which I have fitted to the back, take a look at my build thread to see the badges fitted.

Have you checked that the badge you fitted to the front is not an 80mm?

Also remember that these badges were never supposed to fit a MK2 Octavia FL or Pre FL so are not an exact fit, however those part numbers gave the closest fit on my car.