tow bar and electrics

Hello fellow Skoda owners,

i was looking at fitting a tow bar and electrics to my 2012 Fabia 1.2 .

i know its not a big car for towing but its just a small trailer.

i was looking at this -

http://www.pfjones.co.uk/fabia-all-models-7-pin-dedicated-wiring-kit-may-2010-192205.html

and

http://www.pfjones.co.uk/skoda-fabia-hatchback-2007-flange-tow-bar.html

do any of you know if it is simple as plug in to the tail light cluster or do i also have to

take to a garage and get it "plugged in"?

thank you,

snake-eye

Dedicated wiring kits (your first link) plug into various bits of the car not just the rear light cluster and integrate with the car's systems after the system has been recoded to know they're there. The light-cluster type are (I think) the old-school method when cars weren't so intelligent or CANBUS oriented.

I had my Superb done and they had to run the kit from the front of the car all the way to the back then use a unit that plugged into the diagnostics port to turn on the various options such as disabling the reversing sensors when towing.

thanks unclerichy,

it is just the 7pin electrics, so no power required.

i do not have reversing sensors , so hopefully i dont have to run wires forward.

is it as simple as plug in and take to a local garage?

thanks again

snake-eye.............

is it as simple as plug in and take to a local garage?

Couldn't say to be honest - the fitters did all the work on mine though I know they had to remove some trim to run the wires down the drivers side of the car. It took them two goes to get the coding right though.