Westgate Skoda - Grimsby

• 3 months later...

Bought my manual Octavia VRS TSI ( 60 plate ) from Westgate Skoda on Saturday and was thoroughly impressed with the service. The 200 mile trip by train to pick my car up was more than worth it.

Salesman Mark Smith is an absolute gent and made the buying experience an absolute pleasure.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I bought my ex -demo skoda rapid from westgate, 200mile trip for me on a part exchange so I drove..

They were really good , nice guys, and rang me up afterwards to make sure all was good...really rate these guys.. I did have a rattle in mine but that is nothing to do with these guys... they also stock some of the best 2nd hand skoda cars I have seen... really good people..very highly rated

Edited by collinge1234

• 1 month later...

My partner has just bought a pre registered 13 plate Citigo Sport from them and got a cracking deal on it, really nice guys who work there couldn't do enough for us, she picked it up yesterday and i must say it is a cracking little car...

• 1 month later...

I picked up my Octavia 4x4 Estate, today.  Very happy with the car, and extremely pleased with the service provided by Westgate Skoda.  I initially went in to look at the size of the boot, to see whether it was fit for my needs, thinking that my budget would stretch to a five year-old or older car.  Clever thinking by salesman Paul Buffey sees me in a brand new car, a month or so later, with the deposit and finance payments exactly what I was looking for.  No pushy sales gimmicks, just honest service with a genuine desire to get the best for the customer.

2013-09-13133910.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Rang Westgate as I was looking for a price to change to a new Octy III. Apart from them ringing me back shortly after my initial call to confirm details of the P/X I've not heard from them since. Also their product knowledge seemed a bit suspect; after a 4x4 and I was asked if I was looking for a hatch or estate in Elegance or SE trim  :wonder:

(Currently UK customers can only order the SE Estate with 4x4)

Suffice to say another dealer has now got my business.

TP

• 4 months later...

Credit where it is due, the service of my wife's 1.8 TSI yesterday at Westgate Skoda in Grimsby was excellent. I normally go to Dennis Horton in Lincoln but their service prices have risen like a rocket over the past three years. A simple request for quote at Westgate gave a much more palatable and realistic price and the service there was first class - certainly not cut-price in any way except on the invoice It's good to see competition in Lincolnshire and I will certainly call on Westgate in the future for both our Skodas.

Thus far, also impressed with their after-sales.  I've had no problems with the car, but was called to bring the car in for a free winter safety-check and mini valet just before Christmas.  Whilst it was in, I was given a Fabia for the day, complete with fuel.  When I got my car back, it looked just like new, again, inside and out.  Total cost?  Nothing.

Each to his or her own, but my experience with Westgate Skoda couldn't be better.

Recently had my Octavia VRS for service. Great service a few items I was aware of need attention at 40k (fuel filter & DSG fluid) upsell a little pricey but I guess they have to make there pound somewhere as the National Pricing is tight.

The young lady Vicky?? on the service desk was very good. Price as quoted, waiting time good but forgot to remind hem DO NOT WASH THE CAR as it came out rushed covered in dirty chamois marks.

Will continue to use for the important stamps in the book. :)

• 1 month later...

PIcked up a '62 Octavia VRS at the end of Feb. Initially impressed with the service I got. Then, 1500 miles later, I lost control of the car on a corner in bad weather (only doing 20mph, no damage to car or driver) and I discovered, upon taking the car to a garage, that my front tyres looked like this:

IMAG0260.jpg

And no, I was not driving like a hooligan. The bulk of those miles were spent at 50-60mph on the A14 during commuter hours. Garage don't believe me, M.D. of the place said they had invoices "proving" the car came with brand new tyres. I'm sure they do. I just wish they'd fitted them.

Anyway, make your own judgements.

I bought a spare key form Westgate earlier in the week. Very reasonably priced and the service I got was exceptional.

When I took the car in for coding the service receptionist greeted me by may name, even though it was a week since I booked it in. Got a decent coffee and they were spot on. Got a call the next day to ask if everything was ok etc.

I cannot fault them at all.

I usually do all my own servicing but am seriously considering using them in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Credit where it is due, the service of my wife's 1.8 TSI yesterday at Westgate Skoda in Grimsby was excellent. I normally go to Dennis Horton in Lincoln but their service prices have risen like a rocket over the past three years. A simple request for quote at Westgate gave a much more palatable and realistic price and the service there was first class - certainly not cut-price in any way except on the invoice It's good to see competition in Lincolnshire and I will certainly call on Westgate in the future for both our Skodas.

I rang westgate skoda in Grimsby for a price for my first service on the 1.2 yeti,  the lady came back with a price of £139.00.   so I thought I would get a price of  hortons  of Lincoln £92.36   how can they be so apart on a 1st service !!

• 6 months later...

Bought my Monte back in February. Went in looking at basic spec models (brand new) came out with Monte (8 months old) for the same deposit and monthly payments I was looking for. Very pleasant staff. No hard sell. Everything explained in full to me so that I understood what I was buying (got some extras too). Had a follow up call to ensure I was happy with the car/service. More than happy to be booking future services with them and if i'm still in the area, will consider p/x with them when I come to change if they have the right car and can do the right price.

• 2 months later...

As my local dealer I'm looking to take my Fabia 1.4 vRS to have its 40,000 DSG service (Car is currently on 37,000). Anyone had this done and if so able to tell me how much Westgate charge?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...

Just picked up my 64 reg Octavia vRS from Westgate Skoda (ex demo car) absolutely spotless and i am picky , well worth the 2hr drive down there , 1st class service , was dealt with by Matt Gee & Dan ? both spot on , cant fault them one bit , Only down side was the 50 min wait on the phone to Skoda for my 5 x days free insurance but Matt kept me supplied with coffee so cant moan lol

• 1 month later...

Happy with my purchase - the cheapest IBIZA 5d in the country that day.  None of the salesmen were pushy in either the Skoda or Seat showrooms, even when it came to the usual discussion about loading on the extras - GAP, Lifeshine, SEAT finance etc.

Thanks to Joe at Seat and Matt at Skoda for a great shopping experience.

Is this the same  Westgate dealer who is now on  West Coats Road Grimsby If so:-

Went to Test drive a Superb 1.8 Elegance last year, phoned them up told them I was coming and asked for the car to be ready so I could take it for a test drive. In total a 160 mile round trip for me and the wife. We get there and the car was showing a milage range of 5 miles, I asked why the car didn't have any petrol in 

the reply was  "  Oh we won't be going very far, down to the rounderbout and back "  I was very disappointed in the service, I even phoned the sales manager the next day  to complain and he said  " well it was a bank holiday " " but I told you I was coming " I replied.

Never again, if they were the last Skoda dealers in the UK I'd change brands

If not I apologise, it was not you

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Just had my yeti in for its 2nd service great service and wash , sue at the service desk went through all paperwork with me I  also found out that they are now under DM Keith .

• 5 weeks later...