The Mr Muscle VNT Turbo Treatment - thought we needed a guide of sorts

Lofty79

I dont want to worry you but while you were working on your engine some bloke with glasses and a funny smile was leaning over and watching everything that you did 🤣

Did the enema have any effect?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

What happened to Lofty 

I cannot thank him as he seems rto have disappeared off the forum.

Anyway  I had low pressure boost on my 110 ASV Octy 1 (see my thread)

So this is not just for limp mode and Overboost. 

I never had a single light come on nor went into limp mode - I just has no power and on Scottish hills it sucked.

Motorway not so bad - could get up to speed but MPG only  around 42-45mpg.

Now all the vacuum lines are replaced, the  wiring checked, the MAF , MAP and intercooler pressure sensor cleaned and a couple of tiny holes in intercooler were epoxyed.

After one Mr Muscle treatment things seemed a wee bit better.

Second treatment the next day and we heard the tubo whine ...it has been silent and dead as a dodo since i got the car 6 months ago.

Today Mr Muscle three and we have lift off!!

Turbo spooliNg and actuator moving as it should.

Then  my mechanic installed an 130 BPH ECU that I got for £100 and now I have a fab car.

Anyone in need of a hardworking , thouroughly decent mobile mechanic in or around Ayrshire , drop me a line- I told him about MR Muscle and he was willing to try  and do the rest of the work.

I am 100% certain that a garage would have charged £1000 plus to install anew turbo and that would be without the cleaning of the other componenet and finding the tiny holes in the intercooler.

I can now return the new oem trubo I bought (a Garrett  from Catsand Carbs) for £225

I will report back on the mpg next week once i have clocked some miles avec turbo

Edited by Bornjoyful
  • Like 1

yipeeeeee

Just drove it. Fab.

Was getting 40-44 mpg without the turbo working for the past 9 months

Now is getting 61mpg on the straight B roads and 52mpg going up scottish hils and windy roads and 30mph villages

• Like 2

That is the sweetest engine ever when the intake tract and turbocharger vanes are not clagged up, like you I had lost the whistle that I once had.

I can think of worse things to be the weak point but its problem is that it runs so relatively well when anything newer would die of asthma except fault code city and limp mode stops them from ever getting that far.

yeah I didnt even have a whistle for 9 months. nada Zip Zilch.

the whistle was after Mr Muscle number one and i knew that meant it was getting better.

I do not understand your Last sentence - what do you mean relatively well? And my brothers newer VW Golf DSG 2016 at 181bhp is certainly more of a puller but yeah i LOVE MY SKODA MK1  and plan on keeping it on the road as long as possible as the veg oil conversion/ twin tank  wasnt a simple process and I reckon this is the last of the engines really that will do it  without spending  a packet converting a PD

I meant that it would continue to run so well considering the handicap, clearly its unwell but its so gradual you really are not aware of it.

I ran mine on all sorts of crap including ClamC which could be bought utra cheap from a filling station pump right in the middle of the city of Arras!

• 8 months later...

is it safe to use mr muscle for the turbo on my Yeti 1.6 tdi,the turbo is higher than the exhaust ports,if so is it ok to put tube through lambda probe hole it's about 4-5 inches from turbo, no.1 on diagram, thanks

Exhaust gas temperature sensor - Skoda Fabia Mk II - BRISKODA