The Mr Muscle VNT Turbo Treatment - thought we needed a guide of sorts

Lofty79

It will be exactly same looking turbo as in the photos on this thread. Do it from above, just remove induction piping for room, and you can get it from there over back around side from above removing wheel I don't think will help. Yes you have to pump acuater it goes down the middle and needs pushed up and down it has a spring like resistance. Follow instructions as are, if you have egr cooler, treat that as egr, and undo pipe from that,

yes, on my car the EGR valve is in front of the engine and the pipe is on the right hand side with 2 bolts. Is a bit difficult to reach the turbo on the back of the engine. I will try to do this as soon as I get Mr Muscle and the small pipe and elbow which I order from ebay and amazon :))) I think next weekend when I'm off work anyway. Thanks and I hope that I will not break anything doing this! :D:)

Right i know the engine, i did this treatment on a passat set up similarly. Egr on front of engine, pipe goes to right and around the back to the cooler. Underneath the cooler is a small version of the pipe in these photos, but it is attached in the same way, 2 bolts (allan or multi) to cooler, and 2 nuts to manifold. I removed the induction stuff to air box and cleared my way in, a bit touchy feely but nothing majorly different about the job.

One point to note - make sure it goes down and slightly biased to the drivers side as it enters the hole with the pipe as its slightly off centre with these, and it could go left (although not easily) into a cylinder. Not hard just appropriate care needed. A slight curve in the pipe would help

if you look at this picture in this ad you will see what i mean, pipe has to go to right so if pipe has a curve post it in pointing that way. or curve it a little

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RECONDITIONED-TURBO-BKD-BKP-ENGINE-CODE-/370635834401?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item564b9e0421#ht_1662wt_1039

and heres a view of the wee egr cooler pipe youll be removing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-PASSAT-TURANT-GOLF-JETTA-A4-TURBO-2-0-TDI-CODE-BKP-BKD-AZV-/130738267114?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e709ba3ea#ht_3137wt_1273

Edited by Lofty79
  • Like 2

Hi Lofty79.

I just had a look on the engine and tomorrow I think I will have to remove the radiator for exhaust gas recirculation from the back of the engine in order to reach the turbocharger. There is not enough space to clean the turbo whitout removing everything from above. The Turbo on my car is getting worst... :(

You don't have to but its easier, its the egr cooler your seeing. And you have to undo the pipe from unerneath it anyway. Taking it off is a good idea although I've done one without removing it, got my arm jammed though. Just remember the wee pipe wants to go towards drivers side of turbo as it goes in

Seriously, if you do it right and for 2hrs and pump the actuater during periodically it WILL work. You are clear on what and where the actuater is on the turbo?

also if the actuater doesnt go down when mr muscle is in - then try pulling it up first, some get stuck down

Edited by Lofty79

• 5 weeks later...

A garage is likely to refuse and offer a strip and clean for alot of money.

If you can find a mechanically minded friend to do it, its not complicated for a competant diyer.

Hope you are successful

A garage is likely to refuse and offer a strip and clean for alot of money.

If you can find a mechanically minded friend to do it, its not complicated for a competant diyer.

Hope you are successful

Do you have shares in Mr Muscle by any chance? :rofl:

Evening all, sorry to come late to the party but my octy mk1 (54 plate) 110bhp diesel is playing up with what I reckon is the sticking vanes. Can I do the mr muscle "cure" taking on board the above pointers?

Anyone near Bristol/bath want to earn some beer tokens ;)

Ta,

Dave

A quick update:

Towed my caravan today for the first time since performing the Mr Muscle treatment, gave it the beans up a steep hill and for the first time ever - NO LIMP MODE!

She seems a lot better solo now, a lot more torque low down and accelerates more smoothly :happy:

Thanks to Lofty for pointing me in the right direction and for all the advice :thumbup:

Your welcome mate, dont forget credit to bendy sue my original pipe and elbow, the one i did my first limp vnt with.

Glad that did the trick too, towing will always instigate a limp if there is one to be had

• Like 2

Cheers matey, will have a crack tomorrow ;)

Many thanks

D

Hiya Dave!

Hows tricks - not spoken to you for a couple of weeks - things OK down Bristol way???

Sorry to hear your Octy is playing up but good luck with the fix - I'd help if I was any closer!

Cheers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you may have guessed it, I haven't yet got around to sorting this out! But I had the wifes car in the new garage on the corner so was having a gas with him about it, he said that Forte now do a sticky vane additive to sort out the problem. So in theory no need to dismantle the engine and get all mucky!!!

Anyone heard of this, apparently it's pretty new to the market!

D

Doubt it will work on already sticky vanes but keep us updated. Mr muscle treatment is hardly dismantling the engine. 2.99 and it would have been sorted. Ah well hope it works for you