CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

You can't help it can you :rofl:

Only concern is how much weight would 4wd and a different add to the car? It may be fast but what would it handle like. Only one way to find out :giggle:

No, I just can't it would seem.

A Citygo is around 850kg. I hope to stay under 1000kg, over 20% lighter than a mkII Fabia VRS at 1215kg.

Handling, err... high power, 4x4 and a short wheelbase. It'll be fun/interesting. Four wheel drifing may be the best way round corners. :giggle:

You're crazy man... I like it!

What type of engine you thinking? 1.4 tsi?

No, I'd like to try and get a 1.8t in there as that opens up higher potential power. 350bhp+ which would give it a better power to weight ratio than my midly tuned Nissan GT-R.

I already have a 2004 Audi TT quattro (225bhp version) with all the running gear in storage at Jabbasport.

So that has the 1.8t 20v engine, gearbox and 4x4.

I take it you'll try to keep it looking as standard as possible?

That's the plan. :thumbup:

Don't want to talk figues too much as it's early days.

But if Jabbasport can get that engine in we could be talking 1/4 miles times in the 11 second range maybe.

Enough to blow off Evos, Scoobies and not well driven GT-Rs.

So the Fabia is a DEFO NO-GO then??.........You really have been changing your mind alot recently havn't you??..........Must be costing a bit of money with that and the changes in the GTR as well!..............Your other half must be VERY understanding..........either that or you like living on a knife edge......... :rofl:

Back on topic..............4x4 in a city-go....with power..........rename it a "Spinny-GO"............have you been getting insperation from the Ford Fiesta that Ken Block drives????? (Yes I know that the City Go is smaller)

Skoda Fabia mkII, wheel base: 2465mm

Skoda Citygo, wheel base: 2420mm

A difference of less than 2%.

Great thing about the Citygo, the wheels are at the corners even though it's 50cm shorter than a Fabia. :)

Awesome!

What will you do with the old engine/gearbox just out of curiosity? Sell it to a scrappers?

Does the dealer know what you intend to do with the car?!

Phil

What will you do with the old engine/gearbox just out of curiosity? Sell it to a scrappers?

Does the dealer know what you intend to do with the car?!

Not much call on new ones I'd guess, so hold onto it until someone blows their up and needs a spare...

You are an absolute legend....slightly bonkers but a legend nonetheless hahaha :-D

Thank you. I think that's a compliment. ;)

Rear engine? ;)

It was considered. Rear engine and rear drive would have been easier.

But the problem is the size of the car. The front seats are right in the middle. If you put the engine behind the front seats it's going to be right at the back anyway, which is not ideal unless you are just going to use it at Santa Pod. It also made mid engine impossible.

I expect the car to be very response and a bit bonkers. Having all that weight in the rear and a short wheelbase would probably see me park it into a barrier in reverse pretty quick.

Hopefully, it'll go under the bonnet.

I'll get some up when I get chance Martyn.

The build is going to be documented with pictures too.

Hopefuly it should make an interesting read, hence the reason for sharing it with fellow Brisky folk.