CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

Brilliant Richard!

Glad there's peole like you around...

Psssst.... Might have found an S3

that fits the bill. ;) so I'll be mobile again soon.

• Like 2

It's going to be some time...

Hoping it'll be done for next year's season. So March onwards at the latest.

If we get started in the next month or so that should leave time for build and testing and tweaking before then.

It's too tight for time to get it done to a good standard for a late show this year IMO.

I'll probably bring the Nissan to another Kent meet sometime if you fancy a quick whizz up the road.

What!!!!!!

please take photos of the build, i would be really intrested in how this is done as i understand the boot floor is really low in these cars so it will mean making the boot floor flat, also are they not rear Beamed so you would need to use a rear 4WD setup from something with the same width beam??

• Like 1

The Citygo has a rather deep, full size spare wheel well.

That can be flattened and then a custom rear set up arranged using one off shafts to get the right track for the vehicle.

Sounds simple when put like that, but obviously it's not. I'll be relying on Jabbasport's experience.

Sounds simple when put like that, but obviously it's not. I'll be relying on Jabbasport's experience.

Your starting to sound like a Haynes manual..........."just do this and that and then the item comes off".........6hrs later after lots of swearing...........

are just making sure that you can beat the new Audi A1 Quattro with something smaller/lighter/faster??????............

The Citigo and Fabia maybe a similar length but look where the drive train sits. It's very far forward so it's going to be a struggle getting it in and looking normal.

Nobody said it was going to be easy. :D

The body is 50cm shorter, the wheelbase is similar. So as you say it's just a bit tighter on the bodywork.

Lots of bulkhead room though I noticed.

Yes, that was the first thing I noticed when I opened the bonnet too.

There's enough room to get your whole arm down the back of the engine!

The bulkhead is quite a way back under the dashboard.

Richard.......I did say at the last meet you were a God for getting the awesome GTR. Now we see the birth of the Bonkers City Gone project! Sooooooo, I think to follow on from Beefy's 'Brim for Mod' thread. We ought to have a 'Boss Fox for Brisky God' thread!?

Well done mate, Totally mad & totally inspirational, petrol head Briskodian God! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Thought there might be something afoot!! When i read your " No modified Citigo " thread.

So as no one has asked.............

What spec level did you get?

Look forward to a ride when it's done :rock:

Richard I'm new to the forum but reading the posts you have a bit of a legendary status

Were are you based and where do you go (meets and shows) would love to see the finished project when it's done

Chris

So as no one has asked.............

What spec level did you get?

Preston Motors lent me an SE non-Greentec version in silver to send to Jabbasport for all the measurements.

So I've kept it.

Ticked all the boxes really.

Reasonable spec, body colour handles and mirrors. Just missing the fog lights of the Elegance, otherwise it looks the same.

No point in getting the Elegance I decided as that gives you the Greentec kit (and other kit) which will all be ripped out anyway.

It's silver, perfect for blending in. Will put a couple of pictures up when I get chance.

Richard I'm new to the forum but reading the posts you have a bit of a legendary status

Were are you based and where do you go (meets and shows) would love to see the finished project when it's done

Chris

I'm in Essex, but am planning on doing shows with it next year for a laugh. Plus some Santa Pod trips to see how it really goes.

I've been banned from using the Nissan at Brisky track and action days, so... ;)

No, not ledgendary. Just a regular guy with a screw loose. :)

Hence:

You are as mad as a box of frogs Richard!!
  • Like 3

I forgot to put it in the last post, but thanks for all the positive comments.

I always feel something like this is better shared, as it's interesting to people who like something a bit mad.

Better to see it develop than just some nutter turn up at Santa Pod in a Citygo. :)

• Like 1

Positive comments are all good. Would love to see it done, there is a part of me that says it won't ever get done and I'd like you to prove that wrong.

I'll be happy with my Fabia once the turbo is in (not long now). Currently got an Citigo Elegance from work, we got a few inc our modded demo :)

7770b84c.jpg

Great little cars, both mother in law and missus want one. Just waiting for auto for her.

Richard, how come you've bought the 75 when the engine is not staying in it? I would've assumed you'd bought the 60 & saved some dosh? Is it because if it proves to be impossible to fit the 1.8T in, you'll have a bit more oomph wth the standard engine?

Oh & put me down for the City Go Go/Santa Pod list that you haven't started yet! That'll be a definite must see! :rofl: