CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

Richard, how come you've bought the 75 when the engine is not staying in it? I would've assumed you'd bought the 60 & saved some dosh? Is it because if it proves to be impossible to fit the 1.8T in, you'll have a bit more oomph wth the standard engine?

Oh & put me down for the City Go Go/Santa Pod list that you haven't started yet! That'll be a definite must see! :rofl:

The 75 is for work -he's bought a second one -three posts above yours

The 75 is for work -he's bought a second one -three posts above yours

Exactly. :)

Red Elegance 75 for work and silver SE 60 for this project.

Lol! I must be blind, can't see any previous mention of the 2nd City Go!

Does that mean you now have 2 Yeti's, 2 City Go's & the GTR or do you still have the Greenline Fabia too?

Does that mean you now have 2 Yeti's, 2 City Go's & the GTR or do you still have the Greenline Fabia too?

You make me sound like some kind of Skoda nut and car collector. :D

The Fabia Greenline was for driving to work. I part exed it for the Yeti CR170 after a year with 20k miles on it.

The other Yeti is my wife's.

The Elegance Citygo is for a runaround for work, for monitoring routes etc...

So I've only got a Yeti and the project Citygo. :)

• Like 1

Well talk about indecisive :giggle: you went from maybe to definitely in a day, the midlife crisis kicking in again , awesome Richard, I wished you lived nearer , you would be my best friend! :rofl:

I like it. Quality idea.

Is there an option of making it a mid engined beast?

Thanks, not really possible due the the small size and layout of the Citygo.

For a reasonable mid engine layout the engine would need to be right between the front seats, where the handbrake is.

Behind the front seats and it's already right at the back over the rear wheels.

Which would be more "entertaining" on a corner than I am willing to live with. :D

Well talk about indecisive :giggle: you went from maybe to definitely in a day, the midlife crisis kicking in again , awesome Richard, I wished you lived nearer , you would be my best friend! :rofl:

Hopefully we'll meet up at a show some time. :thumbup:

• Like 2

So I've only got a Yeti and the project Citygo. :)

What about a Fabia VRS SE, that would make a nice addition to the Above list :giggle:

I think im right in saying, the up! was originally planned to be Rear engine (hence the massive boot etc), but it defo sounds awesome Richard, as always im jealous of your project ideas! haha

Box of frogs? ( that's a compliment) Yup,

but as the ad says... Just do it

I kinda knew you would give it a go.

I am looking forward to watching it show a few scoobies and evos a clean pair of heels at the pod :D :D

Like the sound of this, is the 4x4 Fabia definately dead and buried so to speak?

I'll certainly be following this thread closely :)

All the best

Yes. Couldn't justify all that money on a car that next year will be 6 years old, that hasn't been made for quite a while.

Better to start with a new model, new car that's a lot lighter.

350bhp in a Citygo (even with an extra weight for 4x4) is about the same as 400-450odd in a Fabia due to it's bigger heavier shell. As more power out the same engine means a narrower powerband and more £££ it's win-win. :)

More shock value too. :D

Wow Richard

Been so busy recently I missed all this. Love the idea. Should be fun to watch peoples faces when they see it pull away from serious machinery etc at the traffic light grand prix as well as Santa Pod. :rofl:

It's a Skoda.... Honest.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wow this is amazing! I can't wait to watch it unfold, only just joined the forum but if this stuff happens often I'm definitely sticking around! Subscribed :)

A lot of members on here have modified cars running quick engines, but something this mad is only going to be down to one person.

Arise..... Richard!! :rock:

Having a mad idea is easy.

It's seeing through to completion that's the challenge on most wacky projects. :)

So far the Skoda Citygo is bought, the donor Audi TT is bought. That's the easy part really.

1.8 engine should be coming out very shortly and that will then have to undergo a fair amount of work. Then it's on the the more tricky stuff.

Still not got those pictures of the Citygo up yet... will do ASAP.

• Like 3

After our little chat the other day this does just get better and better - Neil still thinks you're barking!

All the lads in the workshop want an invite for the unveiling now.