CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

Lookin good so far.

But 350+ hp !!!

In a Citigo??

Are you crackers? :)

Of course, but that's what makes it so interesting :D

I'm liking this project more by the day

For the cooling.. Bit of an out of the box idea, but intercooleer/radiator in the boot, air ducted up from underneath to keep the Q car thing going. Might help a bit with weight distribution too?

• Like 1

This is an amazing project BossFox.

I look forward to seeing in the flesh when it is finished.

If you look closely at it when you are finished, will it be possible to tell if it is different to standard. I mean, you must need slightly wider tyres etc. I know the aim is to keep it looking as standard as you possibly can.

I'm loving this project.

Thinking ahead to your next project, how about a Phaeton W10 powered Yeti! :lol:

Mike

Yep I think we can safely say that the warranty is now void :rofl: :rofl:

Looking good Richard, but definately a long way to go :thumbup:

Does that include all the bits he won't touch? lol

Sent from my Galaxy S2 not a Crapple!

Thinking ahead to your next project, how about a Phaeton W10 powered Yeti! :lol:

You're not thinking big (or small) enough - Veyron W16 quad turbo in a mobility scooter :)

Seriously glad to see this starting to come together now.

I envy and admire your bonkersness Richard :D

As much as I think this is awesome I would have liked to have seen a newer smaller engine used rather than the 1.8t

The 1.4 Fabia VRS mkII engine was considered. I wanted to keep it VAG.

But the development for that engine is not in place yet and it's not capable of making a reliable 350bhp yet.

That's why we went the 1.8t route.

The engine has had a lot of high power builds and the good and bad points are known with several 500bhp+ 1.8t monsters out there.

I didn't want to/can't afford to finance this project and engine development work. :)

Thanks Matt.

I do love this project, but like anything it has to be done on a budget.

I can't see Skoda making something like this, I'm not even sure we'll get a warm Citygo VRS for a while (or even at all!).

So are will it be ready for the Dec 2012 or Jan 2013 Maidstone meet ? :rofl::rock:

Not sure. :)

Plan is to try and get it done for the new year, test it Jan and Feb and them have some fun with it for the show season starting Spring 2013.

Cracking project this is going to be.

When it comes to keeping the car as stock as possible outside, what have you considered for your exhaust?

I have a varex system on mines, which is a remote controlled valve which opens and closes inside the muffler, this can mean I have a straight through, or a silenced exhaust when I want to be quiet.

Good thing about the varex as theres still a way for the exhaust gasses to vent, they pass inside the muffler until coming out a little vent hole in the tip.

I have a video of my car, but the sound hasn't been captured that well... Here's a few that show the system off well. The one on the skyline shows the little vent where the exhaust gasses can still get out without causing any back pressure issues.

Interesting idea. Think I read about it in your Fabia project thread. Will bear it in mind.

Decision on the exhaust will be later, when we know what space and routing is needed.

Main thing is I want the tailpipe(s) to be tucked up under the rear bumper like the stock Citygo, as a huge tailpipe will look a bit odd and give the game away too much.

• Like 3

Not at the moment.

To be honest I'm planning to do updates when something interesting happens.

Just sticking up loads of posts of unfitted parts, boxes and stuff like that is just going to make it a very long thread that I find a bit boring.

It's started slowly, but will get better further in as all the planing starts to come together. There is a lot to do.

But like a lot of projects it's quite a bit of tweaking, test fitting and measuring followed by a sudden burst of activity where it starts to come together. :)

Don't worry, I'll keep it updated as things happen. :thumbup:

• Like 2

Any scope for pushing the engine backwards a tad? Packaging of a radiator and intercooler and getting it all to fit relatively neatly behind the bumper will be a challenge.

Pity there's not a "sport" citygo with a deep chin... But then they'd have to call it a "Jimmy (Hill)" and that name's already taken . :)