CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

Only if we don't want fit an turbo and/or manifold. :D

The Citygo only seems designed to take a 1.0 3cyl engine, or something of a similar size.

Still, if it was easy it wouldn't be half as much fun. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Screw the stealth look go for this ;) Mad project and hat's off to you Sir, shame about the Mk1 Fab project, but as you say this is something not done before and will be more fun in the long run.

skoda%20citigo%20rally.jpg

• Like 2

Not at the moment. :(

I've been busy with the start of the new school year and Jabbasport have been busy due to lots of work and a staff member off sick.

Normal service will be resumed again shortly...

Engine is in the process of being mounted correctly, then it'll be stripped out and rebuilt for decent power.

Christmas(ish) VRSy, but a bit later if need be.

Would be nice to have a month to play with it before the fun season kicks off in April.

I plan to do some shows, Brisky How Fast and Castle Combe days with it.

Engine is in the process of being mounted correctly, then it'll be stripped out and rebuilt for decent power.

Would be nice to have a month to play with it before the fun season kicks off in April.

361gwd.jpg

• Like 1

looking forward to this. Greta to see new stuff being done. Your a braver man than me, thats for sure

From someone who modified quite a few of his own cars many years ago (engine, suspension, intake and exhaust, etc) with some problems on the way, I must say that I take my hat off to you in undertaking such an incredibly extensive project!! :happy:

Your engineers are obviously having to make many bespoke parts in order to shoehorn the parts in. I just think - you even have four drive shafts to be shortened and re-balanced and that is only a tiny part of the work!

Just a question that intrigues me - will you have to move some of the heavier ancillaries about to help to provide the best front/rear balance ratio, or is it a suck it and see situation?

Anyway good luck to you!

Just a question that intrigues me - will you have to move some of the heavier ancillaries about to help to provide the best front/rear balance ratio, or is it a suck it and see situation?

Taking out the very light Citygo engine and gearbox and replacing with a 1.8t version is obviously going to add an amount of weight to the front, so as many things as possible will be relocated to get the weight balance right. Battery etc...

Anything not needed will also be removed, so it won't have air con. The whole system for that does weigh quite a bit.

There will a rear differential, heavier suspension (to cope with the stress) and bracing in the back so the weight balance should be quite good when it's done.

While the Citygo panels are light there is the possibility to save on the bonnet and front wings if we need to, they can be replaced with carbon fibre and painted to match the car so nobody would know...

Time will tell.

Over the next month or two hopefully some progress worthy of reporting will be achieved as the further along the more it will suddenly start to come together.

• Like 1

Taking out the very light Citygo engine and gearbox and replacing with a 1.8t version is obviously going to add an amount of weight to the front, so as many things as possible will be relocated to get the weight balance right. Battery etc...

Yes, this conjured up pictures of massive amounts of understeer and front wheels frantically scrabbling for grip! ;-)

The bodyshell rigidity is another intriguing item. Are you fitting a roll-cage? Or trying to make the car look as normal as possible with other means of internal bracing?

I have been left with little choice on the roll cage.

Mainly because without one the car will end up a twisted mess the first time I rev the engine and dump the clutch.

The shell of the Citygo is not capable of handling any drive to the rear wheels in it's standard state.

It will be as subtle as possible so it's not too noticable, but clearly it will have to be fitted as a body strenthening feature braced to the suspension mounts etc...

Fortunately you can get some pretty light high quality tube.

• Like 2

Mainly because without one the car will end up a twisted mess the first time I rev the engine and dump the clutch.

The shell of the Citygo is not capable of handling any drive to the rear wheels in it's standard state.

It will be as subtle as possible so it's not too noticable, but clearly it will have to be fitted as a body strenthening feature braced to the suspension mounts etc...

Fortunately you can get some pretty light high quality tube.

:rofl: this made me chuckly :rofl:

Well, great description! The image I have this time is a corkscrewed shell with the rear wheels up on the roof :giggle: !

• 3 weeks later...