CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

I am picking it up on the 17th June, 4 days before the National so I can take it along for people to see... done or not.

What the situation is then will determine the course off action after the National.  Which I am not going to speculate on.

Currently I get an update every few months and requests for pictures results in nothing.

I have to go up there myself with my camera.

I feel I need to take a more "pro active" role in what is going on.

In September it'll be three years.

Would be a shame to not have it done - Jabba have done a lot of work but appear (from your various posts) to almost have lost interest in it.

It's a real let down its took this long and it's not finished. I sold my fabia vrs over a year ago (drive 58 plate audi s3 now) but everytime I get a notification email about an update to this thread I'm over here as quick as a flash but there doesn't ever seem to be much progress. I would be absolutely raging with them.

Ross

Would be a shame to not have it done - Jabba have done a lot of work but appear (from your various posts) to almost have lost interest in it.

It's a real let down its took this long and it's not finished. I sold my fabia vrs over a year ago (drive 58 plate audi s3 now) but everytime I get a notification email about an update to this thread I'm over here as quick as a flash but there doesn't ever seem to be much progress. I would be absolutely raging with them.

Ross

Well on the 17th we'll find out.  Only 5 days to go.

That will be almost three years since the car arrived there.

Plenty of time, no lack of funding and no reason for it not to be done.

I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised. :)

I need to fit some seats and harnesses myself.

Everything else is down to Jabbasport.

Fingers crossed.

Hopefully it's a lack of communications as they are busy.

Rather than a lack of interest, skill or enthusiasm.

Aye you have the patience of a Saint, but with other toys I can see why you've not been on at them so much. Unfortunately they still haven't come up with the beans.

Yes, I have been very fortunate to have other toys to play with.  Great ones too.

I can go for weeks at a time without even thinking about the Citigo.

But I think it's easy to understand why given the time frame.

For me the perspective comes from Trev's purchase of the Ibiza and FGF.

Admittedly that's only a "simple" engine swap but one man is looking like he's going to have that done on his own on his driveway in around a month.

For a reputatable tuning company who have a customer willing to bank roll a project with the required (pretty much limitless) funding to have let this process take over 3 years is nigh on unforgivable.

As said many times in the 3 years and 67 pages you have the patience of a saint and persoanlly I truly hope the bloody thing is worth it.

In the back of my mind I have a truly horrible feeling that with couple of 500bhp machines already in your stable this project when it's eventually released into the world will make the community here rejoice and it'll become internet folklore for the rest of history but it might just leave you - as the man who's done all the paying and waiting - bitterly disappointed.

• Like 1

Well on the 17th we'll find out.  Only 5 days to go.

That will be almost three years since the car arrived there.

I've just realised that this thread will be 3 years old next month! And not a wheel turned in anger. :(

Three years? So the Citigo will be out of warranty now then?  :notme:  :D

I think the warranty went south when the engine was taken out, the suspension removed, the ... Well you get the idea. I think that you'd even have a hard time to claim under the paintwork warranty :))))

Richard, for your sake I hope there is a lot of progress and the car is virtually drivable.

Unfortunately, given the history of the project, I am not that confident.

So strange that a company with what I always thought was a pretty good reputation and a healthy budget can't push a job like this to completion properly (with proper management and manpower this should have been doable within at least 1 year at a relatively leisurely pace. It was a difficult project yes, but they took it on knowing that.

• Like 1

Nice. Great to see that the work that has been done is of exceptional quality. Just a shame they didn't seem interested in finishing it

At least it's more local now so you can easily monitor the progress

• Like 1

:D

And thanks to JDR for the loan of the van and trailer!

Yes, really appreciated that.

Letting a customer take your clean transit (with air-con and cruise control... nice) and a big race shuttle to do 200+ miles.

Have you got any more photos of it ?

No, I was a bit pressed for time yesterday.

I went to work (in the van/trailer), then got the Citigo 100 miles away, then test drove the new RS3 and after that did an evening track day in the Yeti to test it before Rockingham on Sunday...

Not had a day like that for some time!

• Like 2