CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

That's great to see. I'm sure JDR will do a great job in finishing it for you.

Sorry to go over old ground but did you get any form of explanation regarding the time frame/ project not being completed?

Do I dare raise the question on what happened with the bill? [Edit] - Not really my place to ask on a public forum. Ignore last question.

Richard, are JDR taking care of your fiestas too?

JDR already run some cars in CSCC races on behalf of customers, so they are going to prep my Fiesta too.

We are going to run one for now until next year to see how it goes, then maybe get another.

The 2nd one I currently have has already been sold to someone that also wants to do the CSCC Tin Top series.

Rather than just have it sitting about.

You could say I have enough ornaments as it is... :ph34r:

• Like 3

JDR already run some cars in CSCC races on behalf of customers, so they are going to prep my Fiesta too.

We are going to run one for now until next year to see how it goes, then maybe get another.

The 2nd one I currently have has already been sold to someone that also wants to do the CSCC Tin Top series.

Rather than just have it sitting about.

Oooo.....I was looking forward to watching Fox Racing Team come 1st and 2nd throughout the year.  :'(

Will now just have to put up with watching just one coming in 1st instead.  :D

Will your trailer be repaired ready for this weekend or will you have to leave the CITIGO-GO behind and do you have a pilot lined up for the Camo Roomster?

Roomster and Yeti will be at Rockingham.

Logistics of organising transport for the Citigo just makes it too much of a PITA and it's going to eat into my time too much Friday and Monday.

And I still have to sort out a few Skyline bits tomorrow and pick the Yeti up after it's check over... on top of doing some work.

Good to hear that everything was pretty much as it should  have been - shame its not 100% complete but so be it.

At least the end is in sight (even if it is in the distance!)

• 3 weeks later...

Any news?

I am not really sure what news people are expecting.

A few weeks back I collected the car which was effectively a shell and mechanical bits.  All the looms (Citigo and TT) are missing despite several weeks notice I was coming.

It will be done over winter, the people that did my Yeti-RS have a motorsport electrician that's only 7 or 8 miles from where I live.

If the looms are not returned then they'll have to do it from scratch.

Currently my focus is on getting the Fiesta ST (mk6) done so I can compete in the CSCC Tin Tops series and I want to catch the last few races of the season to get my eye in.

I am fortunate enough to have the Skyline for road and the Yeti-RS for track so am not chomping at the bit to get it done in a month.

Which is the reason it turned into a saga with Jabbasport and went on and on, getting to around three years in the end.

If it was my only toy I'd have gone bananas well before now.

So I wouldn't expect any meaningful updates until October/November.

Then it'll be done for next year.

Although I do wonder now when I am actually going to use it.

The Yeti has turned out better than ever expected, and was only really started to keep me occupied while waiting for this.

And with 8 or so races in the Tin Tops series planned per year I suspect my number of track days is going to reduce quite a bit too.

I can't drive the Yeti and this at the same time...

It's gone on so long that it's in danger of turning into a project that'll be done to save giving up at eleventh hour rather than because it's actually needed.

Effectively the huge amount of time it's taken so far means that other more interesting things (for me) have overtaken it.

Hopefully when it's done the spark will be reignited.

As you can probably guess, after three years of random amounts of progress with minimal updates my enthusiasm has been left rather diminished.

• Like 4

Moral = If you are going to project then it obviously needs to be projected :(

I bet there are still lots of people who want to see this on the move :)

• Like 1

I understand how you feel Richard, I felt the same way with the storm and the similar length of time it took me to get all the parts out of the company. It drained my enthusiasm, and when finally on the road the enthusiasm never really came back and along with the constant problems enough was enough. I do hope it's somewhat different for you and you get your citigo mojo back, though fully understand if you choose to move on from the citigo if that's what's right for you.

• Like 3

I am not really sure what news people are expecting.

A few weeks back I collected the car which was effectively a shell and mechanical bits.  All the looms (Citigo and TT) are missing despite several weeks notice I was coming.

It will be done over winter, the people that did my Yeti-RS have a motorsport electrician that's only 7 or 8 miles from where I live.

If the looms are not returned then they'll have to do it from scratch.

***SNIP****

As you can probably guess, after three years of random amounts of progress with minimal updates my enthusiasm has been left rather diminished.

I must be a mind reader

They are all the things that I'd been thinking about this project.

• Like 1

But without it the Yeti RS wouldn't exist. And you probably wouldn't have had a few GTR's or bought an ST then a race car. All because this took so long. I'm sure when it's done it will be great.

• Like 2

But without it the Yeti RS wouldn't exist. And you probably wouldn't have had a few GTR's or bought an ST then a race car. All because this took so long. I'm sure when it's done it will be great.

You know Martyn, the problem is that so many fortunate (and enjoyable) car things have happened to me over the last few years that I am beginning to question the whole point of the Citigo.  Which is worrying.

It's like the Catalyst that started other great things rather than a great thing in itself.

For Skoda and general track days I have the Yeti.  It really is something else, an amazing bit of kit considering what it looks like.

For GTR days I have my R32.  An equally epic car.

And my track days will soon reduce in number due to the ST racing thing.

So after all this time, with enthusiasm flagging you have to think "when am I actually going to use the Citigo?".

Sure, in the early days people said it wasn't possible or that the project wouldn't be seen all the way through as it'd be too difficult/expensive.

Now the majority of the hard work has been done, the majority of the costs covered.

But it's in danger of just being cancelled because the car just isn't needed anymore... it's a trophy, being finished (at some stage) just to prove those who said it couldn't be done wrong.

It's not the right reason to be finishing it really.

There are some parts in the car (like the engine and fancy sequential gearbox) that are worth a few £££.  Breaking it might be an option, but unlikely.

Selling it off as a project is probably equally unviable as who on earth wants to build a 450bhp sequential 4x4 City Car that's 3.5m long? (and is daft enough to hand over a large sum to justify handing it over)

My need to get the Citigo finished is fading after the time, hassle and other things I've been lucky enough to do.

Don't know where I go with the car from here right now...

• Like 2

Your current feelings are understandable but please complete the project. Many, many of us have been hanging in with you for three years. It is such an epic and maniacal motor. You must have seen from all your other conversions all the Briskodian followers enjoying the fruits of your endeavours which we are not able to attempt. We travel around the race tracks just to watch and talk to fellow minded people. So, do finish Citigogo, please. Thank you Richard.

Tony.

I echo these sentiments it would be great to finally see it in the flesh although equally its your investment so would be understand if you decide to pull the plug. I do think you would regret doing so though.

• Like 2

Fit a set of Forest tyres and try rallycross?  Short wheelbase and 4WD seemed to be the winning combination in the old Group B ;)  Could be a beast of a hillclimb car as well - probably beating single seaters?

• Like 3

Now the majority of the hard work has been done, the majority of the costs covered.

If this is true, you would be mad(er) to pull the plug now?

If you get it finished, use it and then realise you don't need it, it will surely be more saleable than a box of bits and a shell?

Somebody might see it in action or hear the hype which it will no doubt create and make you an offer?

Just my 2p!

• Like 1

Hi

I have also been following this build here from Norway the last three years and was hoping to see it in real life some time.

Epic build, fun to follow. Please keep up!

ArvidG

• Like 1