up boot floor

malcster

My Skoda garage just quoted me £112.54 for all of the parts.  Seems fair to me!

Got it cheaper for me from VW, I'd look around first maybe, you could end up getting a steal if you go back and forth saying "they quoted me this and that" think I payed £108

I like the variable floor (have dogs) and keep fishing gear below the upper level. Upper fine for general shopping BUT the upper level is designed to drop down if you ever need the full boot space, its clever. And as mentioned already, it creates a level floor when folding the seats, a no brainer IMO.

• 1 month later...

I went to my local VW dealer yesterday to get this, with the list from Countrigo's post. Was told they have new part numbers on the system. I didn't go ahead and buy, just got a quote left on their system. Here's whats on the quote sheet

M W1S0 858 831 F8 2V	N/STOCK MOUNTING	1x	£8.63
M W1S0 858 832 F8 2V	N/STOCK MOUNTING	1x	£8.63
M W1S0 858 855 E1 BS 	N/STOCK PLATFORM	1x	£72.44
M WN 910 268 02 	N/STOCK BOLT		6x	£0.68 each £4.08 total

Other than the spaces between numbers and the M W at the start of each number, the only difference I can see is that the platform part ends with E1 BS instead of D1 BS. Is everything here present and correct to go ahead and make the order?

Cheers.

I went to my dealer on Wednesday (Hughes Skoda in Farnham Common, Bucks). I asked if they supplied the variable floor kit. The guy struggled to find a kit on his accessories system. So I gave him the part numbers from this forum - by actually bringing up the post on my smartphone and putting it on the desk in front of him.

He copied the numbers into his parts system and gave me a price of £105.10, which I paid there and then by debit card.

I got a call this morning - saying that they parts were in. I have just been and fetched them.

My invoice says:

F1S0 858 831 F8 2V          N/STOCK MOUNTING   1x      £   8.06
F1S0 858 832 F8 2V          N/STOCK MOUNTING   1x      £   8.06
F1S0 858 855 E1 BS         N/STOCK PLATFORM   1x      £ 67.80
FN 910 268 02                   N/STOCK BOLT              6x     £   3.66 (£0.61 each)

Net                                                                                      £  87.58
Gross (inc VAT)                                                                  £105.10

So, I reckon that you could go with that order and pay £112.54 to the VW dealer. Or you could see if your local Skoda dealer matches what I have paid (or is maybe slightly cheaper on account of the Thames Valley being an expensive place to do business). Or you could try a SEAT garage to see if they are cheaper still (as rumoured).

If you really want to be sure, give me a few minutes to find a Torx 40 bit stick my head in the boot of the car. I will then confirm for certain that the parts fit. :D

• Like 2

I can confirm that the parts fit.

Here are some pictures. Don't ask me why the auto-focus failed on the shots with the back seats down.

It took me longer to find the Torx T40 bit than it did to fit the kit.

It took me even longer to upload the images to Flikr and sort out the permissions on the album.......

• Like 4

Isn't that weird? I bought the parts from Skoda Bradford for £112. I needed a 13mm socket to fasten the 6 bolts in. There was no recess for a Torx to fit into. Took about 10minutes, works very well for our dog and quietens the car a bit too. Really please we fitted it.

• Like 1

As someone new to the teutonic efficiency of VAG, I am coming to the conclusion that it is remarkably similar to the gallic dis-organisation of Renault/Matra.  :)   

Just got back from Keith's and the boot floor is in but without a small problem. Opened the boot to check out the variable floor and at the lowest setting something was not right,then I noticed they hadn't put back the original boot cover. I asked the receptionist and she went to ask the mechanic she came back saying that is how it is meant to be so asked her to get the boot cover so I could look at it myself, it fitted like a glove over the spare boot.

• Like 1

All done here too, along with the rubber boot floor and wheelarch liners. The variable floor was a doddle to fit, and I'm very happy with it, it matches the backs of the seats and everything! :D

• 8 months later...

An old thread but has anyone succeeded in retro fitting a variable boot lid themselves recently?

I've been quoted £200 to do the job from the main dealer on my wife's new Citigo.

Too much!

Edited by RickW

An old thread but has anyone succeeded in retro fitting a variable boot lid themselves recently?

I've been quoted £200 to do the job from the main dealer on my wife's new Citigo.

Too much!

Takes 15 minutes to fit if that, really really really really easy job, screw the brackets onto the side of the boot (there's pre drilled holes you'll see) and then that is literally it, once you've done that just pop the second boot floor in

Edit - Your dealer sounds like they're just trying to fob you off!

Edited by Hyphons

Thanks for that.

I wish it had been mentioned when ordering the car to be honest after seeing it tooo late on an Up! and realising how practical it is.

Any price difference between Skoda,VW or Seat does anyone know?

Edited by RickW

Thanks for that.

I wish it had been mentioned when ordering the car to be honest after seeing it tooo late on an Up! and realising how practical it is.

Any price difference between Skoda,VW or Seat does anyone know?

If Seat sell them they'll be the cheapest, then Skoda second most expensive and Volkswagen will be the most expensive option, not sure if Seat sell them mind

If Seat sell them they'll be the cheapest, then Skoda second most expensive and Volkswagen will be the most expensive option, not sure if Seat sell them mind

My wife's Mii was ordered with spare wheel and raised floor so it should be listed on a VAG parts list somewhere.

Fred

• Like 1

I went to my dealer on Wednesday (Hughes Skoda in Farnham Common, Bucks). I asked if they supplied the variable floor kit. The guy struggled to find a kit on his accessories system. So I gave him the part numbers from this forum - by actually bringing up the post on my smartphone and putting it on the desk in front of him.

He copied the numbers into his parts system and gave me a price of £105.10, which I paid there and then by debit card.

I got a call this morning - saying that they parts were in. I have just been and fetched them.

My invoice says:

F1S0 858 831 F8 2V          N/STOCK MOUNTING   1x      £   8.06

F1S0 858 832 F8 2V          N/STOCK MOUNTING   1x      £   8.06

F1S0 858 855 E1 BS         N/STOCK PLATFORM   1x      £ 67.80

FN 910 268 02                   N/STOCK BOLT              6x     £   3.66 (£0.61 each)

Net                                                                                      £  87.58

Gross (inc VAT)                                                                  £105.10

So, I reckon that you could go with that order and pay £112.54 to the VW dealer. Or you could see if your local Skoda dealer matches what I have paid (or is maybe slightly cheaper on account of the Thames Valley being an expensive place to do business). Or you could try a SEAT garage to see if they are cheaper still (as rumoured).

If you really want to be sure, give me a few minutes to find a Torx 40 bit stick my head in the boot of the car. I will then confirm for certain that the parts fit. :D

Are these part numbers still relevant does anyone know?

Are these part numbers still relevant does anyone know?

I think they changed, I think, but I think you'll be fine if you go in and order a variable boot floor and all parts, the dealers in my area don't even use part numbers anymore, they look for parts using your numberplate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ok,thanks again .

FYI This is the torx bit you need to screw in the bolts :thumbup:

The screw bit is a T40 which is a torx screw, it'd be really unlikely you can pick it up as a singular but you could probably buy a pack of torx screws fairly cheaply which will come in handy for the future, here's a photo, it doesn't need to have a hollow centre like mine, mine does for some reason

408046d41ea531ae5787b080f41c31fe.jpg

• 2 months later...