MikeW

I've just come back from a 5 mile trip around town with an average speed of 17 mph.

When i got home i Had a look at the trip computer on the PID and it indicated a trip MPG of 71 !!!!

Does anyone know how accurate (on inaccurate) the trip computers mpg is?

I have a Citigo Elegance 60ps Greetech by the way.

I think the PiD figures may be a little optimistic.

Just checked our figures.

PiD shows an average consumption of 58.7mpg but actual has worked out at 54.7

Mind, it has only had 1 tankful so the difference may alter slightly as time goes on?

Round town, definitely, from the evidence at the moment.

On the motorway, I'm not sure. I don't think it has done enough motorway miles to give a figure.

Our fabia has seen high 60's regularly on the motorway driving normally ;)

I going to stick my neck out and guess the citigo will be as frugal ?

Round town, definitely, from the evidence at the moment.

On the motorway, I'm not sure. I don't think it has done enough motorway miles to give a figure.

Our fabia has seen high 60's regularly on the motorway driving normally ;)

I going to stick my neck out and guess the citigo will be as frugal ?

Hope so!

I think the PiD figures may be a little optimistic.

Just checked our figures.

PiD shows an average consumption of 58.7mpg but actual has worked out at 54.7

Mind, it has only had 1 tankful so the difference may alter slightly as time goes on?

So, if the PID is optimistic to the tune of 4mpg, that still means i managed to get 67 mpg around town! I'm astonished by that to be honest!

Will do ! By the way, I'm not trying to annoy you about the insurance thing in the Tiesto thread, it's just I work in insurance, so....

haha its alright, im the first to moan at my mates if they dont insure their alloys ;)

Sounds about right! you've got stop start as well, sounds good, is there a reset button? if so try resetting it and test again

I wouldn't say that sounds about right for an average speed of 17mph! Perhaps if it was 57mph! Good though!

I can't recall from my test-drive... does the PID show an instantaneous consumption as well as an average?

I wouldn't say that sounds about right for an average speed of 17mph! Perhaps if it was 57mph! Good though!

I can't recall from my test-drive... does the PID show an instantaneous consumption as well as an average?

That 17 mile an hour average included a fair amount of time waiting at traffic lights, the mpg figure was a fair bit better than i was expecting, Haven't had the chance to give a long run on the motorway yet though.

And, yes, it shows instantaneous consumption too.

Well there's an interesting thing..

On refuelling,,, I have got into the habit of resetting the trip counter.

I wasn't expecting this to reset the all trip and mpg data on the PiD at the same time but that's what happened.

The car needed filling up again today and a thought occurred...

What if I remove the PiD and then zero the trip counter?

Well it worked.

The trip counter on the car is at zero and all the data on PiD is still there.

Result :)

Well there's an interesting thing..

On refuelling,,, I have got into the habit of resetting the trip counter.

I wasn't expecting this to reset the all trip and mpg data on the PiD at the same time but that's what happened.

The car needed filling up again today and a thought occurred...

What if I remove the PiD and then zero the trip counter?

Well it worked.

The trip counter on the car is at zero and all the data on PiD is still there.

Result :)

That's worth knowing!

i have an interesting excel 2010 spreadsheet i use, tracks fuels used, trip computer mpg against real mg, also different fuels (esso, bp, shell etc), avergage mpg over last 5 fill ups

if anyone wants a copy pm me with a email address i can send it to or if someone can post a copy on here that is accessible

i have an interesting excel 2010 spreadsheet i use, tracks fuels used, trip computer mpg against real mg, also different fuels (esso, bp, shell etc), avergage mpg over last 5 fill ups

if anyone wants a copy pm me with a email address i can send it to or if someone can post a copy on here that is accessible

Thanks Bluecar1 for the copy of your spreadheet, I have to say its excellent and very user friendly.

i looked at fuelly, it did not do what i wanted

i wanted to track not only average milage, but average over last 5 fill ups, average per fuel brand (to once and for all prove the issues of supermarket fuels giving lower MPG) and several other things