Volf's Darkside Octavia Mk2 - End of the road *Stripping for parts!*

Volf

Hey there, Started ownership of this Octi back near the start of this year, as I needed something more reailable and better mpg for work. So far, very impressed with it.

At the moment, it's a work in progress for how I want it to look. Next up, wheels and tires!

20120809_141941.jpg

Edited by Volf

Cheers, So far its had :

- Full service and belt changed.

- Four new tires and spare.

- Bumper inserts and fogs.

- Lowered by 30mm all round on springs.

- USB Headunit, amp and sub.

Future plans :

- Coil overs.

- Wheels and tires to suit.

- Remap (And possable stage one turbo)

- Lightly smoked windows.

- Front lip/splitter.

- Remove the tow bar!

- Miltek system.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Liking that dropped FL example!

How many miles has the car done? Just approach a remap with caution as turbos on the PD140 aren't always the most robust (as I can testify!)

Your plans sound good though. And this reminds me that I'll have to pull together a build thread for mine :)

Ah yes. Meant to update here. Skoda went into Unit18 last weekend. Had a call a few days ago to say that the turbo failed in the middle of mapping *ouch* So a new one on the way.

But other than that, vmaxx coilovers on, exhaust installed. Just new turbo and map left!

Got the Octi back the other day.

All I can say is... Ohmygod. It's like a whole new car! Each gear, it just wont stop pulling either! Sits tight, No more roll in the corners. Will need more lows in time, when I get the wheels and tires sorted. But in the mean time, Very impressed with it!

:rofl:

• 4 weeks later...

I've been looking at getting V-Maxx adjustable coilovers so I can keep the comfort nice and lower around 20mm

Could I ask how your finding the V-Maxx kit you have fitted?

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Need to go a lot lower to pull those wheels off I think.

Will maybe have to roll the arches?

The vmaxx coilovers much bumpier than standard? Been thinking of getting some for mine.

Aye, still waiting for my mate to have a go at them! This vmaxx kit has adjustable damping so I can make it harder if I wanted too. At the moment its in the middle, a bit stiffer than normal.

• 2 weeks later...
Had a call a few days ago to say that the turbo failed in the middle of mapping *ouch* So a new one on the way.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the new turbo & fitting cost?