Volf's Darkside Octavia Mk2 - End of the road *Stripping for parts!*

Volf

Looks great!

I was looking at the V-Maxx coilovers but like the AP ones, I don't think they go down low enough... Needs to be lower and lower profile tyres :love:

Aye! The front ones are down as far as they will go. :S havnt done the rear ones yet. As for profiles, Give it a year and I'll find some bigger wheels and lower profiles ;)

Looks good! I am not a big fan of this type of alloys but strangely enough they look very good on your car :).

It does need lower profile rubber to det them off even better imho.

Have you thought about painting that lower spoiler car colour? Try a bit of photochopping as you seem to be good at it :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

They do indeed! But still, sad to see we're moving on, But we're expanding so fast it's unreal!

Was still nice to meet you in person and hope to see again soon! :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got a set of four BMW X5 alloys offset 42... Am I about to walk into a world of hurt when I mention they're 9J and 10J?  :peek:

So, will it be a massive headache (I already have one trying to picture if it would work, spacers/adapters/arch pull etc) Or just easier to sell on once I've refurbished them? Reading a bit from other topics, I can see some have managed to fit 10J rears, but many think it's not worth it...

Stammas (think that's the right spelling!) ran X5 rims - but he had them re-drilled I'm pretty sure, plus ran some 'interesting' suspension config :)

He doesn't have his any more, but you could drop him a PM and get some info?

I'd say it was dead in the water without re-drilling the wheels myself - as you're talking a very wide wheel, plus then reducing the offset still further with an 8-10mm spacer! I wouldn't run anything thinner, to properly support a wheel of that width.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...