Volf's Darkside Octavia Mk2 - End of the road *Stripping for parts!*

Volf

• 1 month later...

Been busy. Recon turbo was making an awful whining sound. Almost metal on metal sounds... So off it came. In it's place, a lovely Turbo Technics S212 Hybrid unit, capable of 230+bhp  :devil:

2014-07-23154954_zpsee9be44c.jpg

"Should only take you an hour" - 4 hours later... Yes, I'm not much of a mechanic. Give me a computer any day.

2014-07-24145619_zps4f2ea39b.jpg

It's just like Christmas! :D

2014-07-24150418_zpsb452eefa.jpg

All of the shiny-shiny...

So had to remove the exhaust system to make myself room to work in. Having had it made by Unit18 in miltonkeens... I rreeeaaaaallly doubt I'll be going back there anytime soon.

2014-07-23155218_zps712fdf0e.jpg

Oh so nice welding...

2014-07-23155223_zpsd7f2dca1.jpg

Loooooovely... To think I paid for this too. *MUG*

2014-07-26124134_zps7f847fdc.jpg

All in and with brand new braided oil feed from Darkside. But it's not all finished yet. Found a massive split in my boost pipe. Which wont be here until next week...

10339573_10152270303860662_7558390767478

Was either £67 from VW or £30 from eBay... As I have no job at the moment and this is already costing me a ton. eBay had to do.

SO. It's in now. Just the pipe left and then remap... Phew...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Looking good.

If I'm honest, all the stickers kind of ruin it a bit for me but still looks cool.

I do plan to take some of them off. The one on the front bumper is covering up a scuff mark. I'm not very good at repairing scuffs...!

Nice. Hope you're well chap.

Just so-so. Still miss the hotel! Currently jobless (Again) My contracting contract was not renewed, so job hunting once again!

• 4 months later...

Because the bonnet looked ugly with all the stone chippings... Soooooo out of sight, out of mind. That and my wallet didn't scream at me. Good job really, being unemployed again... Yay me...

2015-11-20%2015.41.41_zpszrsy5aco.jpg

Sides on and also built myself some wooden car ramps.

2016-02-22%2013.47.20_zpsmdoubwjh.jpg

Trying to get this finished up and fitted... but it's a bad fit. :dull:  Need to work out how to get it flush...

2016-02-18%2015.23.59_zps3v237acj.jpg

Another than that, not much else to report.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Car is running fine, Bar the ticking time bomb which is the head. I did put K seal in and that seems to of stopped the coolant loss. Yes I know it's not the end of all problems, But being an unemployed bum with not a lot of income, Well, whatcha gonna do?

- Fixed burst boost pipe again. Same one, same place. Will upgrade for hard pipes when I can from Darkside.

- Saved a little bit for a re-map by repairing some laptops/PCs, but still some way to go.

- Had the door speakers replaced for PhonixGold components. So much clearer and don't distort when things get loud.

- Skoda UK approached me via Twitter and wanted me for their online ad campaign, which you can see here :

- Upcoming interview with RackSpace UK this week (Hoping it goes well)

- Friend gave me a kick ass Skoda mug  :coffee:

Oooohhh exciting!

IMG_20160325_202137_zpsi6yoqinw.jpg

Edited by Volf
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...