Volf's Darkside Octavia Mk2 - End of the road *Stripping for parts!*

Volf

Fantastic looking car! Did you replace the bumper and door mouldings or just spray?

Thank you, All the bumpers are still the same. I just added bits from SuperSkoda.

Just realised you just removed the door mouldings :D , how about the bumpers? 

Yeah I took those off. Bumper strips for now are staying on. I wanted to get VRS bumpers, but never got around to it.

Sorry, more questions! Is it a bumper off job? Or can they be prised off with the bumpers still fitted to the car?

The inserts? They just prise off with a flat blade.

• Like 1

Right next job then, need to get the right paint and get mine coded. (Island green). Thanks for answering my questions. Suspension getting lowered this week, feel a little project coming on...

Edited by hobbes42

• 3 months later...

Brand new hard pipes and IC from Darkside due to the other looking like swizz cheese and removed the A/C.

2016-07-14%2018.04.15_zpsmv5oxoqg.jpg

And then I visited Narco the other week for the final part of the puzzle and the final outcome :

13938557_10153814893300662_8815286482376

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

29194703203_b7386895f8_z.jpg

So I traded the X5's for these. Got pretty tired of running adapters and that I couldn't get any lower with them. So after a swap (And the death of a bottle jack (Rust In Peace!)) I came home with these AXE Hiro 5 spoke wheels... Which had seen better days!

29820992175_6e68e5a1ab_z.jpg

Let the stripping start! ... A few hours into one wheel and I suddenly recalled why I just paid someone else to do them... So I did :

29738161131_d6664a798f_z.jpg

Whilst they where under the shot blasting and powder coating shop, I headed south to see a friend for the week and installed a roof cargo rack (Oh so Eurooooo)

29194694183_461ecd1cf5_z.jpg

One week later, £200 odd pay out, Refurbed wheels. So smooth. So clean.
Now have to invest in either a stock pile of sumps or find a super thick sump guard! 

29738162471_4c20194e42_z.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Found I had a can of left over silver from when I did the bumpers and sides. So finished off the rear in the same way, as the rear spillter I got, doesn't fit...

30535340531_cc0262d8f5_z.jpg

Then cleaned the crash bar, painted that and the intercooler black whilst I was at it due to over spray, hah.

30506593472_9e0f118942_z.jpg

Re did the tint on the headlamps and changed the fogs from yellow to smoked.

30535339161_348b2fc96d_z.jpg

Nothing much to update with really. Have a set of new Powerflex bushings to go on and thinking about the future...

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Removed the roof rack to find the door seals leak. So spent £250 on brand new seals for all the doors...

And the leak still hasn't been fixed. BUH.

Not much else to say really. Still hopping between jobs so don't really have a stable income to help fund much on the car. So now it's just keep it running. Plan was to get it wrapped this year but that's looking unlikely. Attached rear window spoiler... aaaaannndd that was it! Phew, what a year of hard work (!)

2017-02-13 16.27.39.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yep, ECU snuffed it. Water ingress.

Have a matching unit in the post, Just the ballache of getting it coded and then getting the map back on it. Not really what I need right now, starting a new job Monday in Gatwick and clearly, Need the car.