skodalads VRS

skodalad

16 minutes ago, pip_vrs said:

That welding on the map sensor is amazing :cool:

He really is decent, check the welding of the v-band onto the inlet :D All of the work he has carried out has come to the grand total offffffffff £40 haha So cheap

So now that my car is basically finished I have just been trying to hide a few others things and tidy stuff up a bit more

79C5C4A0-3EB4-4D66-951A-474CCDD74DC6.jpg

I painted the covers on the backs of the lights black to help blend it in, and hidden the ballasts for the xenons behind the bumper

B0A9C2C0-15FA-41BE-9632-FAA9422E0566.jpg

I needed some caps to cover the bolts on my wipers, not exactly cheap but I needed them. TPS or GSF didn't have any

9430F73B-4E09-498C-B283-BA89CED5387C.png

Also a new rocker cover neck, to rotate the oil cap

964C2C75-4CEA-4319-B8AD-04C5A694D0E4.jpg

Hopefully going to be bleeding the coolant system tonight and I have also purchased all new hangars for my exhaust so that can go on tonight too

• Like 3

Small update, I'm having to get the car trailered to derv tech now next Wednesday as there is no way it would pass an MOT with the emissions, remember it has nothing but a standard map so it's running awful. They believe it should break the 300 mark, we will have to see! 

Exciting stuff 

Edited by skodalad
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Dark_Hero said:

What clutch/ flywheel did you go for?

that should be epic if you get close to that figure

Its the same clutch that xav was running back in the day,  Rated to 550+Nm which is 405 LbFt.

https://www.sachsperformance.com/en/clutch-kit/sachs-performance-clutch/skoda-fabia-6y/1-9-tdi-rs-96kw

Edited by skodalad
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lofty said:

##!!##h should look after you. Hope it makes all the right numbers on the dyno after all the hard work 

It did the same to me yesterday ha Thanks mate, I appreciate the kind words. I shall report back with videos and photos all being well

Made some more progress tonight even though I said it was done haha 

Got my last exhaust bracket, some exhaust paste and some new glow plugs. I have never fitted an exhaust before and hope I never have that again, what a ball ache.

FB3535EF-B886-4AD0-8BA0-A6E4F81F84C2.jpg

The state of the plugs, 3 bad, one okay. Worth changing

AF6AEDA5-7765-418E-8AC8-1CA2A20F549D.jpg

I also took a few photos of the coolant bleeding setup as I don't have an expansion tank, I did this for more of a reference for me but I may aswell share it 

574521F6-F014-4A54-B8FF-A3A977AA6C46.jpg

A25E7A87-C85C-4C5B-927F-827DD0DBA2E9.jpg

2 reservoirs, one to the top fill and one to the pipe that used to connect to the expansion tank, and a bleed. One coolant starts to flow out of the bled and into the tub, you have to remove the reservoir into the topfill and put the cap on, then do the same for the other. Tricky, and not a 1 person job

• Like 2

Cars going to derv-tech tomorrow! Follow me on Instagram for regular updates and hopefully some videos too! IG - skodalad

Edited by skodalad
  • Like 1

B65E5B67-E74E-4B5D-8311-4C2C287A831E.jpg

So, A very mixed day overall yesterday.

The guy that was supposed to be towing my car was 1:45 late, which wasn't a good start to the day.

Got to derv-tech eventually, after a briet chat and a run down through the cars spec we cracked on. Reversed into the unit and it spat the bottom hose off which wasn't ideal

Then we started on the dyno and it was only running on 3 cylinders, the car has been plugged in countless times and the fault never popped up until yesterday, we managed to bodge the injector loom which i will replace as soon as its back home.

Then the join on the top boost hose that I put in to allow movement kept blowing off when it started to make boost, (complete rookie mistake as neither end has rolled lips on them) It made 255hp at 4k, with a really quick spool.

They were happy with the setup apart form the intake pipe which will restrict it, so they are just going to remove it when mapping. I'm going back on Saturday hopefully leave with a fully setup car, ill report back soon.

We are aiming for a reliable 300hp

Edited by skodalad
  • Like 3

I am happy to report back that the car is now mapped! Its getting trailered to the MOT station today

The car made 290hp with minimal smoke which I'm happy with, I'm unsure on the on the torque figures yet.

There are a few things holding the car back aswell, I shall report back once I have been given the report

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Decent power that Jack, it should feel mighty strong on the road.

I would of liked it to have broken the 300HP mark, But my criteria consisted of "I would like a good amount of power but I dont want it to be sweating its sack off" So I trust their judgement.

Ill enjoy it for the rest of the year, make minor adjustments over winter and send it for mapping again next year

• Like 1

Did they say why it's only made that power,or what's restricting it?

As D e r v t e c h have reckoned they got 296bhp iirc from an ibiza on a standard eng/injectors with a 2260

• Like 1

On 5/13/2017 at 12:05, coskev said:

Did they say why it's only made that power,or what's restricting it?

As D e r v t e c h have reckoned they got 296bhp iirc from an ibiza on a standard eng/injectors with a 2260

My turbo intake pipe, potentially my inlet manifold and my exhaust.

• 1 month later...

Good to see it's getting used, especially after all the work you've put into it.

I keep ripping my CV gaitors too. I though it was maybe because I'm running too low but now I think it could be the torque too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stevobeavo said:

Good to see it's getting used, especially after all the work you've put into it.

I keep ripping my CV gaitors too. I though it was maybe because I'm running too low but now I think it could be the torque too.

I built it to drive, a lot of people take one look at my wheels and paint and think its just used for shows, but I thrash the hell out of it, and when it breaks ill just fix it haha

I think it may just be an ongoing battle for us fabia owners ha

• Like 4

I'm sure the torque has little to do with the inner cv boots failing as they wouldn't twist on the shaft, how could they? 

It's down to the angle of the shafts as they come out of the box, simply if the car is too low the cv is working at an angle it and the boot was never designed for, and it's wearing the boot excessively quickly. You'll see the outer boots bellows making contact with each other, they don't normally, couple that with the heat they then generate rubbing together at speed and the boot gives up. 

Are you fitting OE genuine VAG boots? They're a lot tougher than aftermarket stuff, that might help prolong them a bit but ultimately it's a losing battle at the very low ride heights

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lofty said:

I'm sure the torque has little to do with the inner cv boots failing as they wouldn't twist on the shaft, how could they? 

It's down to the angle of the shafts as they come out of the box, simply if the car is too low the cv is working at an angle it and the boot was never designed for, and it's wearing the boot excessively quickly. You'll see the outer boots bellows making contact with each other, they don't normally, couple that with the heat they then generate rubbing together at speed and the boot gives up. 

Are you fitting OE genuine VAG boots? They're a lot tougher than aftermarket stuff, that might help prolong them a bit but ultimately it's a losing battle at the very low ride heights

That is a valid point, I think its mainly down to when I air the car out, the drive shaft angle is ridiculous! Maybe its caught on something when aired out? as the tear look pretty clean.

I just got one from GSF, But When it goes next I will do both boots with genuine ones from skoda for sure