Dan's GTB1756 Powered Fabia VRS

DanHam

About time I started a project thread I think http://www.briskoda.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Copied and pasted from ZSOC...

Me and the second Fiesta never really connected. It was a great car but just didn't make up for my first one therefore it had to go. This has taken its place, owned it coming up to 2 weeks now and I've got to say I love it, its the best of the cars I've owned and I'm currently getting 56mpg!

Untitled.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Haven't got a bad thing to say about the car at the moment other than its far to high. Coilovers are coming soon.

• Like 2

I hate plastics on cars therefore my quest on glossing them has begun....

84cf57ce.jpg

Also sprayed the chrome grill to match

dafd8b42.jpg

The badges are knackered so I'm having some custom ones made up but temp stuck it back on...

4657d2e7.jpg

Also tinted the lower fogs with some vinyl,

Untitled-5.jpg

I had intended on keeping it standard looking tbh. But the Fabia badge had to come off as the red behind was a bit faded and dirty and was far too fidly so I did this..

67763432.jpg

cba63e22.jpg

Out came the SRP

a0aae453.jpg

Little pic from when I arrived home last night. This is my average over the last 150 odd miles. Frequent overtaking. Constant up hills (I live in Wales) and also a little play with a modded astra van.

81690b72.jpg

Tango is gash so these will be fitted in the morning!

1b6a01aa.jpg

I mentioned my badges were a little grotty...

Front,

fa3a0f2f.jpg

Rear is the worst!

29a2e8f3.jpg

Also fitted the chrome indicator bulbs!

Before

dc45f22e.jpg

After

efc1ab23.jpg

Did rears to but no pics.

Its the little things that make the biggest differences :)

• Like 1

So yesterday started a bit like this...

Untitled-6.jpg

Then a trip to Frauds to get some...

e2b823b4.jpg

10 mins later..

5a4c8b8f.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

5a4c8b8f.jpg

Headlights were split...

2dc737cf.jpg

d9e70250.jpg

c52a7f40.jpg

The chrome surrounds were painted gloss black!

Number plate surround and lower grill got some gloss treatment too!

37ed2b6c.jpg

e5b178b1.jpg

Ready to all go back on this morning. Allowing the lacquer to harden overnight and the headlights to seal back together.

Untitled-8.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

Theres quite a bit of sun glare at the moment. Very pleased with the outcome. Stage 1 of 2 in smoking the lights in complete :)

My new LED side light bulbs came!! :)

f08eea7f.jpg

Ugly and big you might think but function over form and that ****. They are lovely and white too, anyway got them fitted and 1 doesn't work. Always the most fiddliest side that turns out not to ****ing work isn't it!

Sent a message off to Yang Ying or who ever the hell I bought them off so hopefully they will get a new pair sent out to me.

Only like £3 posted off ebay anyway so I'm not really bothered :)

Small update - LED number plate bulbs...

Before

6b933cc4.jpg

After

9820cb87.jpg

My replacement red Skoda badges have turned up. They look more like what I was expecting. Not 100% but I'm going to fit them and just ***** at the seller - maybe he will refund me. I'm 1 of many people to have issues with him.

Planning to clean, clay, polish and seal tomorrow!

• Like 1

Today I managed to :-

Clean

Rinse

Clean

Rinse

Clay

Clean

Rinse

Dry

Polish

Seal

Hoover

Took around 4 hours to do it all, no pics as it was ****ing down outside the shed. Typical Welsh weather.

Beading...

7b44d7ea.jpg

Also fitted the new badges :)

378c5eff.jpg

Untitled-11.jpg

Didn't pay special attention to cleaning the wheels as it was ****ing down outside. There is also lots of tar and baked on brake dust. I haven't had time to take them off to clean them properly - they are supposed to be getting powder coated gloss black real soon anyway! :)

53533ff5.jpg

7d957d13.jpg

fdc40560.jpg

4ad70c9a.jpg

That's what happened last night / today! Big thanks to Adam Briggs (Turbo Puma Fez) couldn't have done it without him - top lad!

Had the tracking done today aswell. So happy it's lowered. Made a massive difference to the handling!

Right realised it was payday next Friday so I've booked my Mufflerectomy for next Wednesday.

Spoke to him on the phone and he said for a decat and 2.5 inch back it would be £150. Or a Mufflerectomy £65 and then a decat for £25. He thinks I should put a small box in there to keep it quiet.

Anyway what we have decided is a Mufflerectomy with twin 3" tail pipes rolled in, see how that sounds and then possibly a quick release de-cat :)

Can't wait!

HIDs on order - Went for 35W 6K H7R bulbs. Also ordered a small tin of tint spray just to take the red / clear shine off the rear lights.

Did a test on how to remove the door handles today - all went well and they will be coming off next week for me to give them a coat of gloss black.

Not sure whether to completely remove the side strips or gloss black and re-fit them. Either way I'll need one of these to remove the glue easier :)

36113.JPG

So my HID kit came - got down to fitting it...

63D7C304-3CC2-4F1C-9F6B-69E53DFE1B5F-3941-00000364AD66C27B.jpg

Nice tight fitting grommet!

7694CAAD-B41B-4B0A-8DBE-8101D5BCE875-3941-00000364BBB03862.jpg

Bumper practically off!

Untitled-14.jpg

No after pics because it rained!

Can finally see where I'm going at night now and the bulbs don't glare which is great!

Thursday / Friday will see gloss black door handles. Door strips removed. Slightly tinted rear lights and gloss black powder coated wheels!

312mm brake upgrade is on the way. One came up on Briskoda - unpainted calipers etc. So I snapped it up. Standard brakes are **** poor on these tbh. I've had a few arsehole tightening moments even in general everyday driving. Should look sweet behind the 16s.

Bought some pillar box red paint off ebay to for the front and rear calipers. The rusty bits on the discs will be painted black also.

Just ordered 2 new Skoda badges aswell. £27 unfortunately but those gel things I've got look ****.

New badges and brakes have arrived! Badges are on. Brakes have been given 2 coats of red and I'll give any areas then need another going over a quick paint over the weekend smile.gif

Also painted the rear calipers - did them on the car as I don't have a piston rewind tool and didn't fancy being a bodge.

Picking up the freshly coated wheels at 9.30 am in the morning! Tyres on and then they will be fitted - hopefully chance for a quick clean before work!

Done a light tint on the rear lights and side indicators too. Just 3 coats of tiny and a coat of laquer. They will be flattened back and polished up in a couple of weeks.

Sadly didn't get the time to remove the door strips and won't be able to before trax now. Only the front door handles have been painted too! The rear drivers door - I removed the handle and then put it all back together and it worked fine - next morning it didn't. Won't open from the inside of out so that's a PITA and I'm going to have to strip the door down inside - out!!

I've got a few crap pics but I'll get some better ones sometime over the weekend if this rain ****s off!!!

Liking the headlights! I really want to do it but don't have the balls to split them in fear of not been able to use the car if they go wrong.

You should give it a go :) Deffo the easiest car I've done them on! The lenses practically fall apart :) I just put some silicone in there when putting them back together.

Which bulbs did you buy for number plates? Link meeeeeeee

The ones I bought are no longer for sale :(

I was told to buy canbus ones - not sure if its correct but its done no harm.

I just typed on ebay '39mm festoon canbus' then picked one with UK delivery and 6 SMDs. There was to many for me to pick one for you :)

You could fit a bigger or smaller one (within a mm) as you can bend the prongs to fit them a little

Some really nice work there!!

Any more performance mods lined up?

Thanks very much :) Im considering the FMIC GB which Judge is making up :)

Would love a hybrid turbo etc but maybe just not yet :)