Dan's GTB1756 Powered Fabia VRS

DanHam

Ah right my bad! Good good they look really close to the ones I recently put in mine nice and bright aren't they! Just need to put some Phillips silver vision in and I will be sorted B)

They do make a big difference :)

I just need a decent set of high beam bulbs to go with the HIDs :)

Yea you may as well go the whole hog ;) what bulbs you thinking of?

The whole hog? I'm not to sure, just want something thats not as yellow as the standard stuff and also something that makes switching to high beam actually worth it with the hids.

My Fiesta had some of those Ring bulbs think they were 100W though as they were ******* awesome!

Ordered one matt black vinyl to do a few bits, but now I'm thinking I should go carbon on the b pillars and even wrap a LCR splitter in carbon?

What do you guys think, should look a bit different to the standard black look

Ordered one matt black vinyl to do a few bits, but now I'm thinking I should go carbon on the b pillars and even wrap a LCR splitter in carbon?

What do you guys think, should look a bit different to the standard black look

Im personally not a fan of carbon wrap on a fabia.. but if u like it go for it ;) ... i do like the gloss wrapped fans.. wer they a fiddle? Where u get the wrap? + the double din cd player sits perfectly...

I dont like the rear lights either.. id say go all red because i like the way it looks.. but dont know if that wud b 2 much on a red car..??

Im personally not a fan of carbon wrap on a fabia.. but if u like it go for it ;) ... i do like the gloss wrapped fans.. wer they a fiddle? Where u get the wrap? + the double din cd player sits perfectly...

I dont like the rear lights either.. id say go all red because i like the way it looks.. but dont know if that wud b 2 much on a red car..??

Black it is then ;)

I bought the wrap from trax mate, paid a tenner for a small piece can but a roll on eBay for like a fiver - conned haha!

The vents were quite fiddly and they looked great just after I fitted them but the heat seems to have made the bubble a bit :( I'm going to take them off and spray them on Tuesday. Should get a much smoother finish I hope :)

I think all red would be too much at the moment that's why I'm waiting to get the windows tinted :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Today I removed the side strips! Ended up doing it all by hand as I lost my toffee wheels :S

Its a complete **** job to do and took about 4 hours to do from start to finish! Petrol is the best thing to remove the sticky residue.

Started like this

Untitled-19.jpg

No during pics as I was covered in petrol and sticky residue! Just imagine your worst nightmare in a glue factory then 10x!

4A09B671-F10A-45EC-8C3D-D8D1B467DE94-11075-000009FF17DC5838.jpg

Untitled-21.jpg

Untitled-20.jpg

Untitled-18.jpg

Very pleased with the outcome! Looks alot cleaner. Hopefully no **** will bash their door into mine now though!

Looks superb mate. Was thinking of removing my side strips too. Might have a crack at the weekend if the weathers good. Did you use fishing wire?

Its worth the effort afterwards - looks alot cleaner and will be easier to polish / wax too! I didn't get chance to give the area a going over with polish as it ****ed down! Yes mate I used sea fishing wire. A bit stronger than the average stuff but I still managed to snap it. You'll need about a metre of it. Just give the strip a heating up first and it cuts through the glue easier :)

Thanks for the ebay item number. Just ordered one myself :-) Will be a good replacement for my freebie shark fin lol

No worries, I wasn't sure I'd like it at first but it looks alot better now I am used to it :)

Cool, will get some fishing wire and dig out the hair dryer. Hopefully the paintwork underneath is still ok.

Almost any aerial will be better than the standard one and I think this stubby one looks great.

Would even be an improvement on my shark fin.

IMG_0160.jpg

The paintwork should be fine, I think its just the silver ones that have the issues :)

When you've heated the sealant I used an sponge that has a sort of canvas around it, I think its called a bug & tar sponge. hat caught the adhesive nicely and pulled it off.

I like your car :)

• Like 1

Never heard of one of them sponges, so I might have a little look. I'm sure I'll be alright with a lot of elbow grease and some white spirit though

I like your car :)

Thanks, I've got a little thread going in the Project section :-)

Got some more to add to it soon too :-D

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=bug+%26+tar+sponge&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ADRA_enGB440&biw=1280&bih=579&tbm=isch&tbnid=GebP1iQR8Y4CrM:&imgrefurl=http://www.amazon.com/Viking-845100-Microfiber-Sponge-Colors/dp/B001GJ7HCI&docid=NFMkmXdb9cyTXM&imgurl=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51hu%25252B55TgYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg&w=300&h=300&ei=QOhYUNbaLZLB0gXp1oG4Cw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=83&vpy=122&dur=78&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=118&ty=75&sig=115355964446067301520&page=1&tbnh=115&tbnw=115&start=0&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:73

One of those, so thank full to my mum buying me a couple a few years ago!

I tried white spirit, methylated spirit, WD40, Tar remover, and paraffin on the residue and petrol was the only thing that brought it off easily :)

May sound like I'm rambling on here but I did the second side in half the time with this. Wipe petrol across the glue then instantly get the heat gun on it. The residue will start to turn white.....then rub like mad! After a while reapply the petrol, it just helps to loosen it :)

Also give the car a wash when you've removed the strips as there is loads of grit and dirty behind - you don't want to rub that into your paint work.

I'll have a look in your thread :)

hi DanHam,

Fair play you've done alot of re-modifying/ replacing on this car and it looks awesome, its giving me the itch to change some items.

I'll wait and see the finished article, as the saying goes "keep up the good work".

Thanks very much mate, really appreciate the kind words! :)

On the other hand today I did this...

05FC6866-A2C7-40ED-B755-7A81F87DE7DD-105-00000002F8EFE05C_zps06b87a81.jpg

Untitled_zpsa060ddab.jpg

Edited by DanHam