Dark_Hero's Evil Fabia

Dark_Hero

On 05/06/2017 at 13:51, devonutopia said:

Mr Charlie sir, I will need a bit of a refresh again in regards to brake discs for D2 soon :D

Even that Didn't go smoothly. Must have received a wrong parcel as they didn't fit the bells. Sorted quickly though :)

3 hours ago, Dark_Hero said:

Even that Didn't go smoothly. Must have received a wrong parcel as they didn't fit the bells. Sorted quickly though :)

If you can send me details on facebook sometime be great - just so I'm not in same scenario myself. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 9/30/2017 at 14:15, Dark_Hero said:

spent a couple of days driving my work's company car. A 66plate mercedes a140 diesel. It was nice and smooth, the clutch was really light, but was totally gutless, spongy and the steering was numb. 

As I sat back in my car, the sparco seats hugging me as if the car had missed me. I started it up and was glad to hear the rattles from the smf. It took a few minutes to familiarise myself with the clutch pedal as it is much heavier than the merc. It felt great having to put more effort into every gear change. It felt more rewarding.

the stiffened suspension inviting me to tackle the corners and I smiled.

the merc was nice, but reminded me why I much prefer the noisy 12 year old skoda

In one!! 

Miss the rawness of my old Fab, almost getting withdrawal symptoms! :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RobLarby said:

I've had people ask me why I'm spending so much on my fabia instead of selling it and getting something newer... You answered them perfectly there :D

Yours is quickly going to become a bit of a beast with the upgrades your doing. Need some lighter wheels with grippier tires?

6 minutes ago, Dark_Hero said:

Yours is quickly going to become a bit of a beast with the upgrades your doing. Need some lighter wheels with grippier tires?

I do, possibly getting some ultraleggeras 17x8

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Dark_Hero said:

Thanks George! How have you been mate? Not seen you for ages

Ive been ok thanks mate, really good at the moment. :) hope you are well too! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The new project is a 54 plate Fabia estate ambiente.

it was my brothers and in January the clutch failed.

A plan was hatched to bring some life back into this tired and abused family runaround.

it sat In my brothers garden for a couple of months looking pretty sorry for itself

image.jpeg.ca04888d5d92e5aab2c00b847c42ea8c.jpeg

image.jpeg.9e7c327402eb328e8151683efcd4975b.jpeg

fortunatley my boss let me use the old warehouse, otherwise I doubt this would have happened.

wheeled it inside to see what we had to work with

image.jpeg.6696f227280cd47c214097835e32486b.jpeg

image.jpeg.13e127c769d5b7bbc7d490cd2631ad94.jpeg

i don't think it had been polished in 7 years! There's a few areas of rust, which was a little more than I was expecting

The interior was filthy! Years of scuzz and dog fur.

what have I let myself in for?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Dark_Hero
  • Like 2