The Citigo Picture Thread.

BossFox

Looking good....

Did you get a better deal rather than waiting for a MY17 car? Or was it a case of available now compared to having to wait etc.....

I went for the PCP deal, the £1000-00 deposit (discount) contribution from Skoda was too good to miss out on.My Citigo is still on for build week 11 so hopefully 2 weeks today it could be ready for transport to Emden.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hyphons said:

You'll be laughing in the corners and on the roundabouts though when you leave people with powerful cars for dead :D

You know I'm starting to think there may be an issue with ours..... I've always thought that it doesn't seem to have as much oomph as I remember the Ups I have driven before which were also 60hp cars. 

It's as though after around two thirds throttle there is nothing extra. By this I mean going from two thirds to full throttle seems to make no difference to acceleration. 

I initially assumed it was because the car was brand new and needed to loosen up but with 2500 miles now on the clock it's still the same. 

I'm wondering if there is some issue with the throttle control?????

Could also maybe explain the poorer than expected mpg as seen in my sig???

Edited by WaveyDavey

8 hours ago, WaveyDavey said:

You know I'm starting to think there may be an issue with ours..... I've always thought that it doesn't seem to have as much oomph as I remember the Ups I have driven before which were also 60hp cars. 

It's as though after around two thirds throttle there is nothing extra. By this I mean going from two thirds to full throttle seems to make no difference to acceleration. 

I initially assumed it was because the car was brand new and needed to loosen up but with 2500 miles now on the clock it's still the same. 

I'm wondering if there is some issue with the throttle control?????

Could also maybe explain the poorer than expected mpg as seen in my sig???

Being honest it's just the way the car is I suspect, you probably won't be suprised to find the 59 and 75 ar basically the same map, just different how the power is put down, what did suprise me is that the power on the remapped 59 model (claimed 80) drops off just shortly after 5k rpm, not having driven your car I honestly can't tell you if I think there is a problem or not, may be worth driving a 59 Citigo and seeing what it's like

16 hours ago, Hyphons said:

Being honest it's just the way the car is I suspect, you probably won't be suprised to find the 59 and 75 ar basically the same map, just different how the power is put down, what did suprise me is that the power on the remapped 59 model (claimed 80) drops off just shortly after 5k rpm, not having driven your car I honestly can't tell you if I think there is a problem or not, may be worth driving a 59 Citigo and seeing what it's like

The one's I'm comparing it too though are also 59hp cars and not 75hp cars..... I just can't remember having the situation of wherever the pedal is, from around 2/3 power to full power, there is no difference etc... By this I mean if I've got the throttle at around two thirds to three quarters power and I then put my foot to the floor, so full throttle, there is no actual change power wise.... It's as though I haven't moved my foot at all. I've driven three different 60hp Ups and have never noticed it on those.

Only thing I can think before taking it in is to try and find a fellow 59hp owner who is willing to try each others cars to see if there really is a difference or if it's just me. :)

Edited by WaveyDavey

1 hour ago, WaveyDavey said:

The one's I'm comparing it too though are also 59hp cars and not 75hp cars..... I just can't remember having the situation of wherever the pedal is, from around 2/3 power to full power, there is no difference etc... By this I mean if I've got the throttle at around two thirds to three quarters power and I then put my foot to the floor, so full throttle, there is no actual change power wise.... It's as though I haven't moved my foot at all. I've driven three different 60hp Ups and have never noticed it on those.

Only thing I can think before taking it in is to try and find a fellow 59hp owner who is willing to try each others cars to see if there really is a difference or if it's just me. :)

To be honest most cars I've driven are like this

That could be the case..... I just never noticed it in the three Ups previously..... And it definitely doesn't happen in my Superb. :)