Amunsden Plus Bluetooth and Microphone install "How to"

Welsh_kai_boy

Hello,

I would like to buy the microphone for this install. I wanted to purchase from Eddie-NL:- as some of the money goes back to this forum.  Please could he get in touch to let me know if he still has any in stock? I cant use the chat app as I'm a newbie on briskoda.net.

Thanks,

Jamie

Hello,

I would like to buy the microphone for this install. I wanted to purchase from Eddie-NL:- as some of the money goes back to this forum.  Please could he get in touch to let me know if he still has any in stock? I cant use the chat app as I'm a newbie on briskoda.net.

Thanks,

Jamie

Email me: [email protected]

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

ok so i have the amundsen + unit fitted in my monte fabia and i bought the microphone and lead and fitted last weekend, friend of mine with vcds tried to set it up today and all we got was error out of range here are some pics of the unit so maybe someone can tell me whats going wrong ? there is no unit fitted under the seats but from reading this thread i didnt think i needed it !

20150222_172635.jpg

20150222_172603.jpg

20150222_172552.jpg

20150222_172517.jpg

20150216_161820.jpg

20150222_172846.jpg

last pic shows how i wired the mic is it correct ?????

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Eddie for my microphone. Finally installed it today.

It was a really quick job on a Roomster - completed in around twenty minutes in the car park while my daughter was at ballet! No need to remove any trim or panels around the dash, except to pull down the bit of soft soundproofing under the fuse area in order to route the wire.

Colin, your picture of the microphone connector in the RNS315 is correct.

• 2 months later...

Hi. I'm local to Worcester and have just bought an Octavia Blackline VRS and am looking to enable the bluetooth on the Amundsen stereo system as per this thread bit worried I may make a hash of it though. Any chance Tech1e or anyone else would be able to help. Thanks...

• 1 month later...

Hello - very new Octavia owner here. Can someone confirm if this process can be done for my car - Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI CR SE Plus 5dr?

I would be grateful if someone could say if they have done this successfully or not so that I can take it forward. Cheers.

The most reliable way to check:

- Do you have an Amundsen+ (not an Amundsen) or RNS315 (not RNS310)

- If you do, remove the headunit and look for a sticker which says MAC on it (like the one a couple of posts above)

- If it's 00:00:00:00:00:00 then no, if it's other numbers/letters then almost certainly!

If you have a Bolero, Amundsen (RNS310) or Columbus then you will need a separate loom and BT module as well as the microphone.

• Like 1

Yes it is an Amundsen but is there any other way to check the model? Removing the head unit is beyond my comfort zone and my old man (mechanic) won't be here for a few days...

If its just Amundsen without the Plus Symbol it wont work you will need loom BT module and mic as described above.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

For those lazy sods (me) who STILL haven't got round to doing this, 

http://www.kitsound.co.uk/product/accessories/myjack-aux-in-bluetooth-converter

2x BT devices @ once & built-in mic for taking calls

Sainsbury's Father's Day Deal £10 all in

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/pc---tablet-accessories/kitsound-my-jack-bluetooth-receiver-129999468-p

• 4 months later...

I've just tried to fit the kit that I bought from eBay, it's all wired in, got it up to the back of the stereo to find that the green block is slightly too large for the gap it's got to go into. I had to cut off one section on top as its a different shape to where it's going into.

The black connector piece slides out from inside the green cover, so I just need a replacement cover which is slightly smaller and fits the gap better.

Any advice appreciated as I don't fancy spending ages filing and shaping the piece I've got to get it to fit.

I've just tried to fit the kit that I bought from eBay, it's all wired in, got it up to the back of the stereo to find that the green block is slightly too large for the gap it's got to go into. I had to cut off one section on top as its a different shape to where it's going into.

The black connector piece slides out from inside the green cover, so I just need a replacement cover which is slightly smaller and fits the gap better.

Any advice appreciated as I don't fancy spending ages filing and shaping the piece I've got to get it to fit.

Can you post a link to the kit you bought off ebay, chances are its the wrong thing so even if you get it to fit physically chances are it wont work.

There are two types of green connector each having a different key hence why yours doesn't fit.

This is the one in the Blackline

SANY0387_zps6aadb681.jpg

http://www.carsystems.pl/img/products/38/7/15_max.jpg

Older style

http://image.dhgate.com/0x0/f2/albu/g1/M01/5F/25/rBVaGVRfB0CAJqboAAEogb17tN4534.jpg

You can buy the right connector as I think the pins will come out:-

http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB10SLYKpXXXXXvXXXXq6xXFXXXe/VW-Original-OEM-Radio-Connector-For-Audi-VW-SEAT-SKODA-Radio-Bluetooth-8X0-035-447-A.jpg

Eddie_NL is the guy you need.

• 8 months later...