Amunsden Plus Bluetooth and Microphone install "How to"

Welsh_kai_boy

Do they have the current version of VCDS? Make sure they are looking under navigation not phone.

This is where most people come unstuck with the Amundsen head units as I'm sure you know. Where Columbus etc will communicate through 56 a Radio they have to be accessed through Navigation.

• Like 1

This is where most people come unstuck with the Amundsen head units as I'm sure you know. Where Columbus etc will communicate through 56 a Radio they have to be accessed through Navigation.

Just follow the link in the first page and it's all very simple.

I was lead to believe that bluetooth was on the blackline, quickly realised it isnt... rang the dealer told them that I don't want the car without bluetooth and they have agreed to have it installed for me when the car arrives at the dealer. Of course it's going to cost me but I don't think I could bring myself to begin dismantling a brand new car!!

• Like 1

I was lead to believe that bluetooth was on the blackline, quickly realised it isnt... rang the dealer told them that I don't want the car without bluetooth and they have agreed to have it installed for me when the car arrives at the dealer. Of course it's going to cost me but I don't think I could bring myself to begin dismantling a brand new car!!

It's in the head unit. It just needs activating via VCDS. Don't let the dealer charge you for installing Bluetooth when it's already present.

• Like 1

Just taken my new Blackline to a firm with VCDS but they could not activate Bluetooth.

They said it gave a message of "no communication". The dealer has already tried to install a third party Bluetooth before I found out about

the possibility of Bluetooth using VCDS. They were unsuccessful in getting the 3rd party Bluetooth installed so wondering if I have a technical problem

with the Amundsen itself and it is not communicating?

This is all turning into a bit of a nightmare!

Dealer has been very helpful but does admit they can't use VW type software as it will invalidate the warranty!

+1 about going to navigation! It's in there, no where else, not in telephone where they probably tried

Upon ordering my blackline I requested bt and mic, dealer said they only use parrot systems and don't offer them built in.

Mine said words similar to that.

The thing is they don't know that Bluetooth is a locked feature in the stereo.

The information in this forum is correct. Also, if you buy the mic yourself it is a VW part and not even a Skoda part. They are not going to know things like that.....

Edited by flyingzard

Our dealer system doesn't use check boxes like VCDS. If there isn't a test plan or function written for it we can't do it.

I have full VCDS and skills to fit if anyone local wants it done.

hello, can you pm me your mobile number to discuss this please?

• Like 1

possible paired phone triggers it?

Is there anything else you need to do to enable the digital speedo other than follow the BT coding instructions?