Fitting Front and Rear Mudflaps to your Citigo.

MickA

I got a set of genuine Skoda ones from Caffyn's (via Ebay) haven't had a chance to fit them as yet but just wondering what size drill bit is required for drilling the rear bumper for fitting?

Hi,

I just did mine at the weekend.  the instructions state tat initially use a 3mm to drill the pilot holes and then enlarge it with an 8mm drill.  The key to doing this correctly is to ensure that the template is fitted and secured correctly.  I ended up having to extend the holes a bit to get the mudflaps to fit and even then I ended up breaking off a couple of the locating spigots off the mudflaps.  They are on and appear to be secure, but I am in the process of trying to get hold of a few extra of the clips that they include 2 of in the kit of the just to ensure that they are on securely. 

It certainly was not a simple job and is riddled with pitfalls!  Given my experience in fitting these, I would definitely opt to let a dealer do it - at least if they mess it up, you have some recourse.

• 4 weeks later...

New to this forum and this is my first post, so apologies if this is covered elsewhere. Can anyone confirm that standard Up!/Citigo front /rear mudflaps fit a 2016 Citigo Monte Carlo?

5 hours ago, Luckypants said:

New to this forum and this is my first post, so apologies if this is covered elsewhere. Can anyone confirm that standard Up!/Citigo front /rear mudflaps fit a 2016 Citigo Monte Carlo?

I don't see why not, just be careful which ones you buy, I know the design differs at least for the rear mud flaps, one design is a rather ugly "square" shape and really doesn't compliment the rear bumpers shape where as the curved rear mud flap looks far better and compliments the car more.

This is the square design -

RockUp01.jpg

And this is the more curved design -

sc111_zps6b5a0f71.jpg&key=f777820dd53d4b

At the end of the day it's up to you which one you do get and both should fit without much issue, but the bottom one definitely looks nicest IMO :) 

Any partnumbers for the two different designs ?

So I know what to look for and what to avoid

For the rear I'll need some that can be combined with an inner wheel arch shiel.

1 hour ago, majland said:

For the rear I'll need some that can be combined with an inner wheel arch shiel.

Check this topic and download the PDF - guy who fitted his arch liners had rear mudflaps already https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/281237-rear-wheel-arch-liners/

As for part numbers, I have the mudflaps that are in the second picture, if I remember tomorrow, I can have a look for a part number :thumbup:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, majland said:

Me too please. The square design is a little more appealing as this looks as though it will be more effective reducing spray out the back of the car. We live up a country road, reducing muck sprayed onto the car is a priority!

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, enquisiter said:

Has anyone fitted to front of monte carlo citigo as dealer sais may need a mod. Dont see why as wing looks same on all citigo models to me.

Thanks

Martin

No mod necessary unless your Citigo has side skirts in which case they won't fit, otherwise it's a very simple job.

• 1 year later...
On 05/04/2013 at 18:29, MickA said:

Hmm...I am suprised at this, given they are from the same factory/production line more or less.

Only ever seen one Mii on the road so not really had chance to have a look at the rear profile of the bumper.

Can you post a picture up of it, could you tell from that the difference?

Mick

The white one is my 2017 Mii the red one is a 2016 Up. They look identical to me!

IMG_20190306_174812.jpg

IMG_20190306_165438.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry the pictures are missing from the 1st post in this thread, I would correct it but I've deleted them now from my PC. Thanks to Photobucket I deleted my account there too.:angry:

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone I've just fitted front mud flaps to my 2018 Citigo very easy to do just 3 torx 25 screws each side. I don't fancy the rears yet due to drilling the rear bumper. Hopefully thy will keep the sills less stone chipped. 

• 1 year later...

Hi Cadyw,

Welcome to the forum.

I only fitted front mud flaps to mine, very easy to do with out removing the front wheels. To get better access turn the steering wheel right to undo the  3 torx25 driver side then opposite lock for the other three screws. By the way use a short screw driver or small wrench. I hope this helps.

• Like 1