Fitting Front and Rear Mudflaps to your Citigo.

MickA

Thank you to the original poster for inspiring me to have a go at fitting a full set to our new Mii.

Just fitted some original Up flaps with absolutely no problem at all. I found that they fitted perfectly out of the box. The fronts went on without need to remove the wheels but the backs were much easier with wheels off.

I disagree with trimming the extra lug of plastic off of the rears for the Mii as I think its purpose is to space the flap properly so that when the final nut/bolt goes in, the whole lot squares up nicely.

£35 spent on Ebay for the whole lot and about 1 1/2 hours fitting time. Let's see if they help keep the rear any cleaner now.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Noone posted the Citigo numbers for mudflaps yet?

They are:

Front: 1ST 075 111 A

Back: 1ST 075 101 A

The ones for the back is quite different than the ones from the up. You have to drill 3 holes in the bumper in each side to mount them.

Drill 3 holes for each of the rears?  I wonder why when only 1 hole drilled is required on each of the Up flaps and they are basically the same, so are the Mii by all accounts.

• 1 month later...

the rear mudflaps i have don't look like those at all, they have 1/2 inch plastic things on and I have to drill 5 holes in my bumper to locate them> As if I want to actually drill my bumper. :/

Edited by VRSD30

the rear mudflaps i have don't look like those at all, they have 1/2 inch plastic things on and I have to drill 5 holes in my bumper to locate them> As if I want to actually drill my bumper. :/

I did a search on ebay yesterday, that's where I purchased mine (Caffyns) and found a set of rear flaps for the Citigo. They certainly look different to the ones I have fitted, the Up ones. Does look like you drill more than one hole, but why, it's basically the same bumper/wheel arch shape? And those proper Skoda flaps look a deal shorter than the Up one, and cheaper.

Mine were fitted over a year ago and still firmly attached and as said without drilling any holes :wonder:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I ordered a set of the genuine skoda front and rear flaps now their out in the wild. Interesting is they differ from the UP! ones in the way they mount. The fronts used only existing mounting point so no drilling, but the rears required 5 holes be drilled in the rear bumper each side. They do come with a template for the holes. I decided to return the rears as Im not happy to drill the bumper.

Edited by Hellion

I ordered a set of the genuine skoda front and rear flaps now their out in the wild. Interesting is they differ from the UP! ones in the way they mount. The fronts used only existing mounting point so no drilling, but the rears required 5 holes be drilled in the rear bumper each side. They do come with a template for the holes. I decided to return the rears as Im not happy to drill the bumper.

That sounds a bit crazy to me, drilling that amount of holes for the rears. How different can the Skoda rear flaps be compared to the VW Up ones. Proof is mine are Up ones and they fitted with no drilling at all, but of course the design could have changed.

• 1 month later...

Just to update on this:

Picked up my new Citigo this week & got a set of mudflaps to fit myself.

The Skoda fronts seem to differ slightly from the ones in the original post in that they use the three wheelaerch liner torx screws to fit & need no drilling which is a bonus.   10 minutes & job done.

post-20036-0-32332700-1402727820_thumb.jpg

The Skoda rears are completely different & as someone has mentioned, require four holes drilling for each side in the rear bumper as they have four moulded posts & are held on by retaining washers.

post-20036-0-79773400-1402728129_thumb.jpg

They come with a paper template for drilling the holes & fitting instructions

post-20036-0-29519600-1402728178_thumb.jpg

post-20036-0-25436900-1402728272_thumb.jpg

post-20036-0-49661300-1402728290_thumb.jpg

I don't know if this is a design update or whether it's just that Skoda have a different view of how to fit mudflaps but I'm really not keen on drilling 8 holes in my rear bumper just yet.  I think mine will be going back in the bag & changed for the Up! ones.

• 4 months later...

Today I fitted the rear mudflaps. I didn't want to drill holes in the body work so decided to cut the 4 plastic studs off the flap and then fit the flaps using the small clip at the top and the metal clip at the bottom. They went on easy peasy and it took about 2 minutes per side (3 if you include cleaning the area first!). Will they stay on? Don't know, but the metal clips are pretty solid and I took the car for a 9 mile round trip to the curry house at up to 50 mph and they hadn't moved when I got back. I reckon a couple of those paper clips (the ones like miniature bulldog clips without the arms) should do the trick. And if they come off then so be it! Very happy with how they fit, they are square on and line up perfectly with the wheels.

CitigoMudflaps_zps416a4322.jpg

DSC_0263_zps13eae865.jpg

DSC_0264_zps5c4efb68.jpg

DSC_0265_zps9737e162.jpg

The big test will be when I go through a big puddle at speed and a wall of water hits them. Until then, they're on!

The rears look good, think i'll need to try to fit a set to my sport. Maybe a bit of sikaflex along with the clips just to be sure. 

Hadn't thought of using Silkaflex; good idea.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I collected my daughter from school yesterday for half term. The car was clean when I set off but the weather was horrible and the car is now filthy. Interestingly (or maybe not!) there are clearly defined lines showing where the mudflaps have stopped dirt and muck being thrown up the rear of the car. Unfortunately it seem that the diffuser is lifting everything up the back and onto the rear screen so although the mudflaps are doing their job well it hasn't really stopped the rear end getting dirty.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...