Beti the K04 Yeti.

Yeti_Man

Well, they were like the ones in the photo! :giggle:

I believe the ones in the photo are referred to as The 'Performance' range. Mine are from the 'dynamic' range. There is also a comfort range that's blue or purple. Given the amount of movement in the standard bushes at only 30,000 miles I'd hazard a guess that even the comfort ones would make things feel more direct. An improvement in my eyes. :-)

I suppose it depends on what you are going to use it for. The FL was used on and off-road and we found it made it much too harsh and the increase in NVH was uncomfortable on a run. If it was a speed/track machine it probably would have been acceptable, but not for everyday.

Horses for courses!

I suppose it depends on what you are going to use it for. The FL was used on and off-road and we found it made it much too harsh and the increase in NVH was uncomfortable on a run. If it was a speed/track machine it probably would have been acceptable, but not for everyday.

Horses for courses!

Pretty much what I said above then lol

Have Shark done anything else today? When do you hope to collect Beti?

I know they fitted the intercooler today and I believe the H&R arbs also went on. Ben is (very kindly) opening up for me to collect the car on Sunday afternoon as I can't make it down there on Saturday due to prior commitments. Hopefully the three hour drive back should be more entertaining than the four and a half hour train journey there!

• Like 2

A bigger blower (bigger turbo).

Bugger! That should give the 1.8 serious power! Excited what will come out.

Ah yes.

My post above was me thinking it was something to do with Nitrous Oxide injection; hence the comment about chipmunks. Silly me.

What will come out? Probably loads of CO2!

Ah yes.

My post above was me thinking it was something to do with Nitrous Oxide injection; hence the comment about chipmunks. Silly me.

What will come out? Probably loads of CO2!

Well the cat is staying in place so the emissions shouldnt be any worse than a Golf R I'd guess.

Sounds like you're going the whole way. Should be pretty awesome when it is finished.

What will it be like though mud plugging at 2-5mph?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More torque down low and a far more capable clutch to do the clamping - unsure why it would be any worse. My stage one produced power to the redline and it was better than the standard map was off road. :-)

A bigger blower (bigger turbo).

Bugger! That should give the 1.8 serious power! Excited what will come out.

Extra power is always nice to have (as long as the chassis can handle it) but its really additional torque I'm after. 400nm torque would be nice. :-)

Extra power is always nice to have (as long as the chassis can handle it) but its really additional torque I'm after. 400nm torque would be nice. :-)

Remapped stage 1 diesel metinks :lol:

Much cheaper

:rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by rockhopper
  • Like 1

Ben phoned (after hours!) with an update. In hardware terms, everything is done - brakes (986 calipers, Mintex M1144 pads, ATE Super Blue fluid, HEL braided lines), S3 intercooler, H&R front and rear adjustable arb's, polybushes, uprated clutch, K04 turbo conversion... The car is running on the new ECU map and he will spend tomorrow 'refining' it. :) Then just the requested 6,000 mile oil change and its ready for me on Sunday. :happy: