Beti the K04 Yeti.

Yeti_Man

243Hp at the wheels! That Yeti must fly!

Not too many cars that remain 243 at the wheels. Knew that the 1.8tsi lump can achieve good figures, but didnt realise it could achieve that much.

Congrats, you will enjoy your drive home tomorrow.

Just read the figures on FB!

300bhp/300ft.lb - stunning

I think you might enjoy the drive home! :thumbup:

Now we know why Beti needed Porsche brakes. :giggle:

As you've not changed the gearing, Beti will probably feel like a rally car?

Isn't Beti a bit of a tame name? Should she perhaps be christened Brunhilde or something similar? ;)

Sent from my Xperia S using TapaTalk 2

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm certainly looking forward to getting her back tomorrow. :-)

Beti the KO4 Yeti - I like it Ben. :-)

I've never really been one to get hung up on the peak figures but over 300bhp and 300lb/ft from a K04 conversion still utilising the standard air intake and exhaust system... And on an 1800cc engine... That's good going. :-) A massive thanks to Ben for the mapping expertise and the regular updates. I really appreciate whats hes managed on her this week, especially given the tight time frame. :-)

• Like 1

Now we know why Beti needed Porsche brakes. :-o

As you've not changed the gearing, Beti will probably feel like a rally car?

Sent from my Xperia S using TapaTalk 2

Phase two: S3 box perhaps? ;-) but, yes I'd imagine with that power and torque, it'll go throu the gears pretty quickly lol

That is very impressive.

Time to come back down to earth and tell us what she was like to ride. I'm not sure drive is the ride word here :lol:

I think he's gone home the long way - can't think why :blush:

• Like 1

Sounds like the definition of the "complete" car ?

From what Focusztec said about it losing some of the low down pull, I don't see this a problem l would have thought this will help surely in the snow etc so you are better off having the power higher in the rev range, its more usable on the faster roads.

BTW - Love the name Beti the K04 Yet ;)

Sounds like the definition of the "complete" car ?

From what Focusztec said about it losing some of the low down pull, I don't see this a problem l would have thought this will help surely in the snow etc so you are better off having the power higher in the rev range, its more usable on the faster roads.

BTW - Love the name Beti the K04 Yet ;)

.... but has he truly lost the low down pull; or is it just that the mid range and top end are now so strong that the low end seems weak, but is actually just as strong as before.

Only way to properly find out is if Lee has a Rolling Road printout with his stage 1 map to be able to compare.

.... but has he truly lost the low down pull; or is it just that the mid range and top end are now so strong that the low end seems weak, but is actually just as strong as before.

Only way to properly find out is if Lee has a Rolling Road printout with his stage 1 map to be able to compare.

No. I know its producing less torque at any given point below, say 2,500rpm compared to what it was before with the stage 1 map and standard IHI turbo.

However this engine was designed to give good low down torque when paired with the OE turbo - it flat lined torque from 1500rpm from the factory which is exceptional in itself but then the quality of the Shark stage 1 remap just extended that to alow it to boost even earlier and give even more torque. Compared to any other stage 1 map ive had on a car, the Shark stage 1 map was easily the best. We didnt get a chance to do a dyno run on the stage 1 setup as they had already got her on the ramps to do some mechanicals within 30 mins of me dropping her off. Shame, as Id like to have seen it also.

Its also worth remembering that Ben has had very little mapping time with this car, he didnt even have a K04 1.8TSi base map to start with so he's achieved a lot in just over a day (although it was a very long day)! Theres things that can be done to help the torque lower down the rev range and its also interesting that he's managed to get these great results without pushing the turbo. At just 1 bar of boost it was giving me S3 levels of performance - 265bhp. Its holding at just 1.3 now to achieve 300bhp/300 lb/ft. The turbo is good for 1.5-1.6 bar all day long from what Ive read. :)

What an excellent result, seriously impressive. Might even consider a Yeti next time around :)

Hopefully I'll see you at some point and have a closer look :thumbup:

Really glad the wheel gamble with the brakes paid off for you too!

• Like 1

What an excellent result, seriously impressive. Might even consider a Yeti next time around :)

Hopefully I'll see you at some point and have a closer look :thumbup:

Really glad the wheel gamble with the brakes paid off for you too!

If you want a Golf R drivetrain with the additional flexibility that the Yeti offers its an awesome combination. :) Im very glad on the brake clearance issue also, it could have been one of the sticking points for the project as it was unknown territory! Theres also more clearance than what I originally stated - Id guess at 8mm but I'll post some pics of it with the wheel in place. :)

Apologies about the state of the alloys but most of that was due to the brake bedding in process...

Looks close doesnt it?

IMGP1497.jpg

IMGP1492.jpg

Theres actually 8.5mm of clearance at the closest point!! :)

IMGP1505.jpg

• Like 3

Apologies about the state of the alloys but most of that was due to the brake bedding in process...

Looks close doesnt it?

IMGP1492.jpg

Theres actually 8.5mm of clearance at the closest point!! :)

Are you still on your 312mm discs?