Exhaust Trim

jonceebee

Could a member please confirm if any form of bright trim is fitted to the Yeti Elegance rear exhaust pipe as standard, I am awaiting the 1.2 DSG and if nothing is fitted at build I would order in advance. Do I order a twin or single pipe set. Many thanks for your input

They are a stock item available from dealers. My twin pipe trims were about £23 . Mine only took a few days to arrive.

Easy to fit but you have to cut the existing pipes off square and then hammer the trims on using a block of wood as softening.

My wife thought I was mad cutting and hammering a new car but they look good.

Mine is 1.2 Tsi 6M (6 gear manual)

This is how the original exhaust pipe trim looks (made of simple galvanised metal sheet)

The twin pipes and rear box at least are stainless steel on the diesel and you can just give them a good polish with T-Cut or similar and they look great. Does anyone know if the whole system is stainless?

The twin pipes and rear box at least are stainless steel on the diesel and you can just give them a good polish with T-Cut or similar and they look great. Does anyone know if the whole system is stainless?

Did not know that - cheers. I thought my pipes looked brighter than mild steel.

Really hope it is all stainless steel as my old Octy had done 133,000 plus miles when I part-exchanged it on the original stainless steel exhaust (and same for the battery too!!!).

Edited by Ooopnorth

Thank you Rafi_arch for the photo, much appreciated, and everyone else who has replied. It looks as if the twin pipe system is not for the 1.2 model, but in saying that the single bore looks sporty enough

+ 1 :thumbup:

The twin tail pipes, and exposed get-at-able part of the rear silencer box, came up a treat on mine with Autosol Chrome polish, a rag, and 10 mins of elbow grease. Repeat as required!

No need to pay ££££££ for additional trims IMHO.

PS. All stainless IIRC

• Like 1

I used a large hacksaw with the blade turned upside down. It gave me enough clearance without removing the bumper. I cut from the top downwards not bottom up. Once you get the cut started its quite easy.

To protect the underside of the bumper I taped some grey pipe insulation foam onto the front of the hacksaw so that if it did catch on the bumper it wouldn't scratch.

My UK spec 1.2 TSI 2009 has twin pipes, recently bought the trim too, but so far haven't had the balls to take a hack saw to my pipes ;)

Are you sure that the petrol cars' pipes are not stainless steel?

My UK spec 1.2 TSI 2009 has twin pipes, recently bought the trim too, but so far haven't had the balls to take a hack saw to my pipes ;)

I'm confused now. Maybe earlier petrol Yetis had twin pipes and later ones had a single - perhaps owners of newer Yetis can confirm please.

Well it seems a bit futile to hacksaw off a stainless pipe to refit another stainless pipe.

It's a bit different though isn't it, the trim is a nice big slab of chrome :hi:

It's a bit different though isn't it, the trim is a nice big slab of chrome :hi:

Well chrome will eventually rust and stainless won't. You can just keep polishing the original stainless and it will be as shiny as chrome.

• Like 3

I fitted the chrome exhaust trims to my yeti when I had the bumper off to fit the towbar, I prefer these trims to the original exhaust because it gives it a classier look....... You only have to look at golf gtd's and higher spec a3 tdi's to see what I mean. This obviously is also down to personal taste.....

• Like 1