Fantastic idea stopping parking douches!

Waplord

Well according to the official site it says "When you try to read an article on the website has a banner with the image of the nearest offender. Online car prevents reading as well as on the street - pedestrians. To remove it, a photograph to share on social networks. Indifferent user can simply close the banner."

So the banner can just be closed if you don't want to share it, the idea is that it's your local area you are helping.

Well according to the official site it says "When you try to read an article on the website has a banner with the image of the nearest offender. Online car prevents reading as well as on the street - pedestrians. To remove it, a photograph to share on social networks. Indifferent user can simply close the banner."

So the banner can just be closed if you don't want to share it, the idea is that it's your local area you are helping.

AH sorry, I was so indifferent I stopped the video before it finished. :happy:

I know it's Russia where they are used to a police state - but it's only a small step to spying on other citizens for other 'offences'. I hope our current LibCon lot don't see this or they'll be encouraging us to take picture of what our neighbours put in their bins or record what they say in their gardens in case it's offensive.

I find the benign muzak in the background whilst the voice over encourages you to grass up your fellow citizen particularly disturbing.

I dont find it that disturbing, i had a great idea to report untaxed cars on the road something similar a DVLA app for your phone whereby you take a photo of the car geotags it then uploads it to the DVLA, each one that is verified untaxed you upload gets you an entry into a monthly raffle where you can win a prize of some kind.

Yes, I think the secret police in eastern Germany used to run a similar scheme.......

(note to Mods, this does not invoke Godwin's law as I never mentioned the bloke with the Charlie Chaplin moustache or his henchmen)

I see no harm at all in reporting people who are doing things like parking where they shouldn't or driving with no tax and the more people who do it the less of the problem we'd have

• Like 3

This isnt new in Russia, I was in Moscow in '06 and cars were parked everywhere, 5-6 deep on some roads. I saw one junction where two major roads joined - each about 100` wide - where there was barely enough room for one car to turn due to all the cars parked here.

(Trying to balance funny and serious posts so I dont get banned from ANOTHER website).

I see no harm at all in reporting people who are doing things like parking where they shouldn't or driving with no tax and the more people who do it the less of the problem we'd have

I reported a car that was parked on the pavement outside our house. It hadn't moved for 6 weeks (the old fella who lives next door marked a couple of the tyres with chalk) and was a right pain for anyone with a buggy, putting out the wheelie bins, in a wheelchair or mobility scooter etc. It also didn't have any tax. The police turned up one day and stickered it (red sticker saying move it or it'll be towed). Lo and behold a couple of days later it had gone.

The following week it was back again, parked round the corner on one of those strips of grass between the pavement and the road, still with no tax and this time slowly sinking into the ground as it's been so wet. Reported it again, this time it got towed off on a truck, and the police also stuck notices on all the other cars parked on the pavement nearby.

Point is if no-one reports things, it all breaks down. If everyone parks on the pavement you can't walk down them and eventually they break up and need to be repaired. If everyone parks on the grass, all you end up with is mud. It's mostly because people can't be arsed to walk a few yards to their garage. God knows why the untaxed car was where it was, as the registered keeper apparently didn't even live nearby.

Yes, I got banned from a site for ridiculing a temporary ban I received for pointing out you could say Penis, but not Scunthorpe.

It remainds me my good times when I had a gripe with a mod on a message board site. It deteriorated and he banned me. Created another account to keep my point going through. Banned, rinse and repeat. Banned my IP. Was still getting through. By the end of the day the whole site was taken down. Owners appoligised to me, reinstated my original account and reprimanded the offending Admin - result!

Hi Jab, I know you were talking about the spammer, but I thought I would play along.

The mod who banned me on this other site was getting on my tits, he had repeatedly deleted posts I had made with no warning or explanation, and said some very nasty things about my wife. If he had said them in person I would have punched his lights out.

when pushing my daughter in her pram along the path and i come across a pr**k who has parked on the path leaving no room to get by, i make sure i try and squeeze past first, often leaving nice scratches down the side of their car, before having to walk in the road to get by.

I like to think of it as a little thankyou for such considerate parking