Octavia III Photos - no disguise

Plenty of disguise still going on in the 'press' photos. Interesting pics of the car under cover, from what looks like a pre-launch, as we're not allowed to take any photos of the cars. Someones been a bit crafty :think:

Well I don't think I will be having one the front end is like a former girlfriend I had...

How so? Did she have lots of bits of plastic and an old Skoda logo taped to her face?

I know you've probably decided not to like it already, but this is what Auto.cz said about the disguised photos: "it looks completely different than suggested camouflaged prototypes!"

Ha Bloody Ha. :think:

It's the front end I don't like to look of in that picture, From what I've seen of the interior shot of the console it looks OK, not fantastic but OK.

However, I don't believe that SUK will get the specifications & pricing right (if the rapid is anything to go by!) and I think that with the unveiling & official launch being weeks & months away, I think it will be far too late for my custom.

Well I don't think I will be having one the front end is like a former girlfriend I had...

skoc11_508ff697bd4ea.jpg

Namely as ugly as anything (censored version)

On a lighter note :)

Looking at that photo I'd imagine your former girlfriend to have a big hairdo, small ears, narrow wide set eyes, large mouth high cheekbones and narrow chin - close?

:rofl::angel:

Even though I'm soon to take delivery of my new Octavia, I still can't wait to see the new one, but looking at these albeit disguised pics I'm glad that I'll next be in the market when the Octy 3 FL is about

I've been reading some German sites about the Octy III, and there still is a lot of confusion. In one particular article, the price will rise considerably (over 19000 euro), and yet it wouldn't (the price would be the same of the present O2, starting just under 16000 euro), the car would be 25 cm longer, but no, it will only be 10 cm longer, the car would gain some centimeters in the width, and one would win 3 cm of space behind the driver, the car would lose 102 kg of weight, it would be placed against the VW Passat, as the Rapid could fill the (bigger) gap between Fabia and Octavia. We will know for sure early next year, in February, when the car will be presented. One month later, the estate would see the daylight. Fingers crossed!

Be too late for me I'm afraid. I'm now deciding between a Mk7 Golf (yes I know it's smaller) & Kia either Sportage or 'Ceed.

I'm not sure which one I going for yet. Shame I've liked my Skoda a lot, it's just they haven't kept up with the pack and now I think it's time to move on after just one car because I can't find what I want in their current range, C'est la vie!

ES, what are you looking for then? The only thing Skoda doesn't have are hybrids and EV models. All the rest I personally can find and for unbeatable price compared to other offers on the market. I must admit KIA has some models pretty hard to resist in you are after very low costs of running, extraordinary amount of standard equipment for the price and frankly very attractive designs. I might as well come clear now and say that KIA Rio3 was in extremely close competition with my Fabia :blush: .

Only when I did power performance stats comparison I decided I could not live with a car so sluggish. Still, economy is unbeatable

Be too late for me I'm afraid. I'm now deciding between a Mk7 Golf (yes I know it's smaller) & Kia either Sportage or 'Ceed.

I'm not sure which one I going for yet. Shame I've liked my Skoda a lot, it's just they haven't kept up with the pack and now I think it's time to move on after just one car because I can't find what I want in their current range, C'est la vie!

I think the sportage and ceed are very nice looking cars. That added to 7 year warranty is massively tempting. The sportage is easily the best looking suv on the road apart from the evoque but being bested by the evoque is no disgrace.

The ceed is really good looking also. Saw one yesterday on way home from work and i think its stunning.

• Like 1

My 2 pence worth. Drove a Cee'd yesterday, I think it was a 3 or 4, loads of gadgets with a nice cabin. Not a bad looker at all, but one gripe after a 15 mile drive........... my 4rse was killing me. The seats were like a pub bench. Oh and the boot was small.

^ Ha! I just did the first 100 miles motorway trip today in my new Fabia II vRS - seats are just perfect. two hours of M25 and I felt I didn't drive at all. It reminds me of Passat seats, the best car seats ever to have a pleasure of looking after my derriere :).

Edited by Jabozuma

Fabia and Octy RS seats (for me) are fantastic. On another point about seats, I also drove the Hyundai i30, same car as the Kia but the seats were the complete opposite, like your grandads old armchair, you just sunk in to them. Only potential worry would be how long until the seat gives way :giggle:

Let's hope the new one, CTHE I have in my new car, doesn't.

Funny enough, there is plenty of people here with Fabia II vRS cars with more than 40k on the clock, no oil used and rather happy :). With cars it's similar to catering. If went out for a dinner and it was all right you would not shout about it from the roof tops, would you? On the other hand, if you got food poisoning then not only all of your friends would get a detailed e-mail describing your predicament, your whole borough would hear about it in great detail! Trading Standards would be involved and a well publicized boycott would be organized!

I/d be interested to know what did you go for in the end?

My take on the Octavia III. I do realise that the real one will have LED running lights but I couldn't work out how to properly incorporate them (I've just finished my end of school exams so I haven't had time to).

Let's hope the new one, CTHE I have in my new car, doesn't.

Funny enough, there is plenty of people here with Fabia II vRS cars with more than 40k on the clock, no oil used and rather happy :). With cars it's similar to catering. If went out for a dinner and it was all right you would not shout about it from the roof tops, would you? On the other hand, if you got food poisoning then not only all of your friends would get a detailed e-mail describing your predicament, your whole borough would hear about it in great detail! Trading Standards would be involved and a well publicized boycott would be organized!

I/d be interested to know what did you go for in the end?

I'm torn between a Golf Mk VII or Kia Sportage KX-4 Auto.

The Golf is £27,700, the Sportage which is a bigger car with 4WD + Sunroof, Bluetooth, Park Assist (inc Parking Sensors), Keyless Entry, Sat Nav etc, etc is £27,100 (that's a £2,800 discount!) with Metallic Paint & of course the ubiquitous 7 year warranty.

VW are offering £8,250 for my Octy, Kia £8k, I can't get an insurance quote for the Golf, the insurance for the Kia is just £250 fully comp.