Octavia III Photos - no disguise

I don't like that dashboard, it looks very cold & aesthetically displeasing on the eye, whilst it may be an early preproduction model, things like this should be at the final production stage by now.

I still don't like the front end either, where the top of the headlight meets the bonnet, doesn't look right at all, in fact it looks like an origami reject, just awful.

The dashboard around the center console is heavily masked, as are the headlights,bumper and grille. You can see where the masking starts and stops. It would be presumptuous to judge those now.

I do like the instruments.

Before going for the golf mk 7 have a look at the new set Leon, some of the early reviews seem to be very good.

We keep getting the new Kia's as hire cars, they are getting very expensive and while they have a number of toys the people that drive them find them merely ok.

A 7 year warranty is good ...... But only if you intend to keep it 7 years.

The dashboard around the center console is heavily masked, as are the headlights,bumper and grille. You can see where the masking starts and stops. It would be presumptuous to judge those now.

You are of course correct, however that is irrelevant to some people on here who clearly decided not to like it before they had seen any pictures at all.

No doubt they'll stick around for a couple of months yet whinging and whining about it anyway.

• Like 1

And I am starting to give serious consideration that you are actually a member of SUK, who doesn't like the fact that a customer is dissatisfied with the current and forthcoming range of vehicles & has got the hump about it.

It also seems very strange how you get increasingly easy access to press photos & other stuff that's not readily available to the general public.Odd that... And before you start saying I'm jealous, blah blah blah... I am anything but.

I might become interested again if Skoda can to be quite blunt pull it's corporate finger out of it's backside and give use its customers more information & a better range of cars, stop tinkering with the choices available until such time as the new model is actually available.

And I am starting to give serious consideration that you are actually a member of SUK, who doesn't like the fact that a customer is dissatisfied with the current and forthcoming range of vehicles & has got the hump about it.

It also seems very strange how you get increasingly easy access to press photos & other stuff that's not readily available to the general public.Odd that... And before you start saying I'm jealous, blah blah blah... I am anything but.

I might become interested again if Skoda can to be quite blunt pull it's corporate finger out of it's backside and give use its customers more information & a better range of cars, stop tinkering with the choices available until such time as the new model is actually available.

And the problem with that is?! Im certainly not complaint if that is the case and am happy to have access to information and photos as soon as they become available. :-) As above though, I have no idea how you can judge the dash and give a final sounding opinion - most of it is still masked - you can't see the design elements, the colours nor the textures used. Personally, I can't wait for this car to arrive. :-)

Evening Star, if you are so keen on Kias or VWs then what are you doing being so rude and intemperate on this forum? How can you judge a new car design when it is so heavily disguised? What a pity you are so impatient and hard to please. For most of us here the range of cars offfered by Skoda is more than enough. Go and find the Kia forum and start telling them off. Your unpleasantness is most unnecessary and out of order.

• Like 4

It's not unpleasantness at all, I'm just a Hampshire man who likes to speak his mind & if you don't like it, well that's tough. There just spoken my mind again.

Perhaps if you can't stand the criticism & the occasional bit of bluntness, you should go back & crawl under your stone, it's a harsh world out there. I have no patience for softies or the woeful & pathetic PC brigade.

I don't want to see crappy mockups, bodges etc, I'm not interested, perhaps there should be a section for that sort of thing to please those who like mock ups & bodges. And if those at SUK don't like the shots I've had well maybe they should keep their efforts under wraps.

I agree Kingsley, I'm so sick and tired of hearing about Kias on this forum from Evening Star that I simply don't use it any longer - I don't tolerate this kind of rubbish. Kias may be honest cars much like Skodas, but they're inferior products to Skodas and in the UK at least, they also seem to be reasonably expensive (especially the top spec Sportage and Cee'd). They don't drive anywhere near as well as Skodas, they're not as quick, nor as well finished, nor as well made, nor anywhere near as practical.

Evening Star, I couldn't care less about what car you buy and as far as I'm concerned, the sooner you're out of a Skoda the better. Fly away!

• Like 3

I can see why people would substitute a Kia - the lack of news on the new Octavia is frustrating considering the current one can't be ordered any more.

My L & K PCP is payable on Feb 1st and I'm really not sure what to do. BMW have some cracking finance deals at the moment for example but my initial enquiry on a 318d came back with bottom book on the Octy. I could pay it off with cash but that would eat savings on what appears to be a bit of a fast depreciator. I'd have another Skoda in an instant but really the Octy is the only sensible model in the range - engine in the Rapid is too small,Superb is a bit big for a single guy and the Yeti is great but a bit too pricey up the range with less chance of a deal....Like Evening Star the Golf 7 is looking a good bet..

I can see why people would substitute a Kia - the lack of news on the new Octavia is frustrating considering the current one can't be ordered any more.

My L & K PCP is payable on Feb 1st and I'm really not sure what to do. BMW have some cracking finance deals at the moment for example but my initial enquiry on a 318d came back with bottom book on the Octy. I could pay it off with cash but that would eat savings on what appears to be a bit of a fast depreciator. I'd have another Skoda in an instant but really the Octy is the only sensible model in the range - engine in the Rapid is too small,Superb is a bit big for a single guy and the Yeti is great but a bit too pricey up the range with less chance of a deal....Like Evening Star the Golf 7 is looking a good bet..

318d was in the running but lost on space, comfort, performance, running costs and practicability to Fabia II vRS. Servicing new beepers is ridiculously expensive. In two years of ownership of 07 plate 520d I managed to leave £1500 at the dealership and the only thing extra was a set of pads...

Sorry, but Superb Estate will be replacing the Bayerische Mist Wagen :)

skoc11_508ff697bd4ea.jpg

skoc31_508ff6987f0d1.jpg

skoc80_508ff698a7171.jpg

From Benfield Skoda's Facebook page

559046_10151225131434284_827063980_n.jpg

Looks like some at Benfield has been photoshopping ;) ;)

Fog lights have been changed and DRLs (on with headlights!) have been added, the masking on the front lights has been removed, and the grille has been changed.

Looks like some at Benfield has been photoshopping ;) ;)

Fog lights have been changed and DRLs (on with headlights!) have been added, the masking on the front lights has been removed, and the grille has been changed.

If that´s the final front end I HATE IT.......

But it´s been photoshopped :rofl:

I don't the photoshopped foglights do it any favours. They look like they've been lifted from a pre-FL.

Many years ago when Vauxhall launched the Vectra, at the fleet presentation in Luton, they said that the Vectra was an evolution of the Cavelier. I think the same is true with Octy3. The interior shots (although) disguised didn't look anything radical. The headunit has been disguised to look like Columbus, but what it displays clearly wasn't Columbus (nor Amundsen - no 3rd knob). Whether it's the same formfactor as we've had before (i.e. eligible for retro-fit) remains to be seen.