New black Octavia badges - size issue?

Hi all,

Popped into a dealer last week to order the new F & R black badges and was told that there's a difference in size to the existing ones, so left it until I get more info.

Is this true? When fitted will there be a noticeable gap around the outside?

They're going on a 62 plate VRS Estate.

Thanks.

Front badge is fine, wheel badges are fine. Rear badge however is larger and as they will never actually make badges designed for the Octavia then you need to do some "creative fitting". I used some good quality adhesive tape and carefully made sure the badge looked as flush as possible at the back. Personally I'm happy with the result. The rear one isn't "angled" quite right for the Octavia.

Front badge is fine, wheel badges are fine. Rear badge however is larger and as they will never actually make badges designed for the Octavia then you need to do some "creative fitting". I used some good quality adhesive tape and carefully made sure the badge looked as flush as possible at the back. Personally I'm happy with the result. The rear one isn't "angled" quite right for the Octavia.

Cheers Stoofa - I'll order them tomorrow.....

Spot on, that's exactly what I did.

The rear one is the same size as the recess in the boot that the old badge is fitted in, so as said above a little bit extra adhesive tape sorts it out.

You say in title "black" badges I assume its just the black background to the new ones or is there an all black version now

Here is mine with the new style badges

back%2520right.jpg

back%2520left.jpg

front%2520left.jpg

wheel.jpg

All pics made possible thanks to Stoofa for posting them out to me in the Netherlands :thumbup:

All info was on the forum at the link below part Numbers etc.

http://www.briskoda.... skoda badges

• 3 years later...

Hello all,

Firstly please don't crucify me for asking a question in a 4 year old forum. But I'm just after knowing the sizes/link to a site, for the badges that will fit an Hatchback Octavia VRS Mk2 (61 plate) I'm after front back and wheels. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Cheers

Luke

• 5 months later...